Sign in to follow this  

Fix the racenet challenges!

This is just ridiculous. And I'm not talking about te stupid AI, that you didn't manage to simply ghost in the last patch.

No, I'm talking about xp/money not given and ghosts being totally random.

For touring I got NO xp nor money for platinum. For endurance I got it after the first run. For Formula I got it only after the 2nd run, despite achieving gold in the 1st run (which should get you something aswell). For Tuner and Street, again, I got simply nothing. This is plain stupid. How can you fuck this up so badly? Users advance faster on pure random!

Ghosts are ridiculous. I used one of a friend for Formula. I see him in the first lap, and then never again. According to the ghost he crashed in the last corner, what is ridiculous, as that time never would habe been possible that way. Some tries later he didn't crash anymore. Conclusion: That game can't handle the ghosts and lets them do things they've never done. Awesome! So after the 1st lap I've just seen my own ghost.

But not only that. In tuner I chose his ghost aswell. This time it works for the whole 3 laps, wow. But now my own ghost isn't shown anymore. To this day I've always seen the chosen ghost and my own at the same time. Now it is gone, even when I raced without a loaded ghost.

And the last thing that annoys me since day one. Whenever a ghost car is at the same spot as I am, the sound rumbles as hell. It weakens, when the car gets away (either direction). It doubles, when having a loaded and my own ghost on the same spot. Driving online without collisions and having people all over my spot is pure pain to the ears. What is that?! If I don't see them I know we're on same height, so I don't need a sound for that, if it is intentional. If not, fix it please.

No, it's PC. Ghost issues appeared only after the patch, so that might be the reason you don't get that.

The xp/money bonus after achieving platinum (I'm talking about post-race, the 10k xp, 20k money, noth the 70-100k after the week) has been there since week one. Sometimes it works, most times simply not.

I'm on ps3 and was playing the open-wheel challenge following a friends ghost, it locked up the ps3 (wheel rumbling) on the last corner nearly every time..had to run it alone or it was impossible to complete. 

Photonik said:

This is just ridiculous. And I'm not talking about te stupid AI, that you didn't manage to simply ghost in the last patch.

No, I'm talking about xp/money not given and ghosts being totally random.

For touring I got NO xp nor money for platinum. For endurance I got it after the first run. For Formula I got it only after the 2nd run, despite achieving gold in the 1st run (which should get you something aswell). For Tuner and Street, again, I got simply nothing. This is plain stupid. How can you fuck this up so badly? Users advance faster on pure random!

Ghosts are ridiculous. I used one of a friend for Formula. I see him in the first lap, and then never again. According to the ghost he crashed in the last corner, what is ridiculous, as that time never would habe been possible that way. Some tries later he didn't crash anymore. Conclusion: That game can't handle the ghosts and lets them do things they've never done. Awesome! So after the 1st lap I've just seen my own ghost.

But not only that. In tuner I chose his ghost aswell. This time it works for the whole 3 laps, wow. But now my own ghost isn't shown anymore. To this day I've always seen the chosen ghost and my own at the same time. Now it is gone, even when I raced without a loaded ghost.

And the last thing that annoys me since day one. Whenever a ghost car is at the same spot as I am, the sound rumbles as hell. It weakens, when the car gets away (either direction). It doubles, when having a loaded and my own ghost on the same spot. Driving online without collisions and having people all over my spot is pure pain to the ears. What is that?! If I don't see them I know we're on same height, so I don't need a sound for that, if it is intentional. If not, fix it please.

Photonik said:

No, it's PC. Ghost issues appeared only after the patch, so that might be the reason you don't get that.

The xp/money bonus after achieving platinum (I'm talking about post-race, the 10k xp, 20k money, noth the 70-100k after the week) has been there since week one. Sometimes it works, most times simply not.

Hi, im totally agree with you (pc). i had and i have the same problems as you. that sound is annoying! and talking about that payment issue at racenet challeges, it was even before the patch, at least for me. we need to get them fixed.
see you all!

I wasn't able to receive credits and EP for medals in this week's Racenet Challenges either. Really annoying. Are codies working on that issue?

SirLugash said:

I wasn't able to receive credits and EP for medals in this week's Racenet Challenges either. Really annoying. Are codies working on that issue?

I think they are, because i did all challenges and got medals xp, maybe that problem its fixed, lets see what happens at new challenges this week

CYA

CODEK726 said:
SirLugash said:

I think they are, because i did all challenges and got medals xp, maybe that problem its fixed, lets see what happens at new challenges this week

CYA

Well if it is fixed, it didn't apply to me. Glad that it worked for you, I just tried it again but no luck.

Also now I have another issue, I reached rank 10 in Touring class but the achievement didn't unlock...

It would help to know what platform you are on. I'm only talking about PC... and there everything seems to be working now, well kind of...

I get xp/money, but the xp that are added to my discipline-level aren't saved. I see in the sum that I get lvl 15 and back in the menu I am 14 again. Great!

And another bug is, that I constantly got some achievement (don't know what it was, distance or so) and therefore 20k with every race I did in the challenges... and I did many yesterday, so should sum up to 2-400k for achievements only, without reason.

Photonik said:

It would help to know what platform you are on. I'm only talking about PC... and there everything seems to be working now, well kind of...

I get xp/money, but the xp that are added to my discipline-level aren't saved. I see in the sum that I get lvl 15 and back in the menu I am 14 again. Great!

And another bug is, that I constantly got some achievement (don't know what it was, distance or so) and therefore 20k with every race I did in the challenges... and I did many yesterday, so should sum up to 2-400k for achievements only, without reason.

In case you meant me, I'm on Xbox 360.

My problem with the rank 10 achievement solved itself for me.

I joined a Touring class online lobby and the achievement popped.

Could you elaborate on the other bug you mentioned (last paragraph)?

I really don't remember what it was, but when I did a racenet challenge (didn't matter which one or how often), after finishing, on the cash screen I had some money-achievement (not one from steam/xbl/whatever) that was worth 20k and was triggered every time. 

edit: Wins Milestone was it. Just tried another challenge (again), still get it. Unless I get a win milestone every win after the 50th or so, that must be a bug.

edit2: Now I get the Location Milestone constantly aswell. Just 5k, but hey... :D 

So I tried it again today with the new Challenges, still no Medal EP and Credits...

Tried it with loaned cars and my own, nothing works. This is getting really annoying :(

Yes I have a backup but I did start all over. Heck didn't know when patch would be and I'm already back to lvl 71 total online. Offline just barely finishing open wheel today. 

I wasnt as high as you, only like level 102 touring maybe only like 54 overall or something, but I only get about an hour a day since I work 12 hours a day.  Not starting over.  @Loore says hopefully by end of week (but who knows its out of codemasters hands) a couple of weeks??  fingers crossed.  I was really hoping to dig into this game before Destiny is released next month.  Oh, well.

^^ You haven't played many racing games if you think this is the worst AI. At least the AI are a challenge. It's all about patience. Don't expect them to give up when you catch them like in other games

The only games I have played for the past 15 years have been racing games. I love them and have played pretty much every single one. The AI in this game don't appear to have any brain what so ever, then just continue on whatever line they were programmed to run regardless of if you are in their way or not. They ram you off the track and also ram each other off the track. I was very angry last night after just coming off the Racenet challenges. I have not tried them again tonight so I am calm. I over reacted but I stand by what I said, the AI are absolutely awful and a total joke. There is no need to have AI in a time trial Racenet challenge, the whole point is to get the fastest lap. You catch them up by the second lap easy so 2 of the laps are wasted trying to dodge the bloody things. It's pointless. 

said it countless times: put human player in pos 1 and problem is solved. if i remember correct they just have to enable the higher xp starts in front option and its fixed..
I've also asked on this very forum several times about any feedback regarding this but it seems CM doesnt care. They rather give us lots of time attack because in the little bubble they live in thats supposed to fix things. lol

Sorry Rob I can't believe that. The AI is terrible, when it chooses to ram you off the track to prevent an overtake or chooses to use you as the brakes for the corner after it's braked 10-20m too early every other lap but the lap you passed it suddenly it didn't want to brake at all.

With Shift 2 Unleashed the stock AI had a tendency to do the same. It really wanted the racing lines and was prepared to get dirty to defend it. Then a few modders played with it, with Career mod I can race 2 inches away and not get hit by the AI. They were tweaked to be able to brake at the correct points, accelerate correctly and run the right sort of laptimes for a top end racer as well as the lower difficulties.

If that can be done with a game that's from 2011, why are we still dealing with AI that are incapable of making it through turn 1...