Sign in to follow this  

Fix the racenet challenges!

Sorry Rob I can't believe that. The AI is terrible, when it chooses to ram you off the track to prevent an overtake or chooses to use you as the brakes for the corner after it's braked 10-20m too early every other lap but the lap you passed it suddenly it didn't want to brake at all.

With Shift 2 Unleashed the stock AI had a tendency to do the same. It really wanted the racing lines and was prepared to get dirty to defend it. Then a few modders played with it, with Career mod I can race 2 inches away and not get hit by the AI. They were tweaked to be able to brake at the correct points, accelerate correctly and run the right sort of laptimes for a top end racer as well as the lower difficulties.

If that can be done with a game that's from 2011, why are we still dealing with AI that are incapable of making it through turn 1...

Well, another week and again no EP and Credit payout for Medals in Racenet Challenges (Xbox 360 version).

Any word on a patch for this?

A title update was available today for the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Did two of the challenges today and got medal EP and credits for both.

So it seems to be patched.

Hopefully it'll work the following weeks as well.

Thanks Codies ;)

well this weeks racenet challenge is just pure trolling :smiley: 

4 of the cars are the same as last week. 2 of the challenges have the same cars on the same tracks as last week. one of the cars are used in two different challenges. one of the tracks are used in two different challenges. lol and of course we still have the terrible AI that are trolling in every race. Good one, CM.

Yeah, I'm done with these challenges. Trying to efficiently pass 11 AI drivers on Bathurst is just too frustrating of an ordeal for me.

TUSMBOX said:
Yeah, I'm done with these challenges. Trying to efficiently pass 11 AI drivers on Bathurst is just too frustrating of an ordeal for me.
You've set a decent time though. Top 5 last I checked, well I think it's Bathurst I saw you near the top, 1 or 2 places above me. My cars only level 22 though :( and public lobbies for me seem to be allergic to more than 5 racers at a time at the moment

Yeah, I'm 4th for now. I know I can go under 7 minutes, but I can't be bothered to go at it anymore. I dislike both the UTE and Bathurst.

TUSMBOX said:
Yeah, I'm 4th for now. I know I can go under 7 minutes, but I can't be bothered to go at it anymore. I dislike both the UTE and Bathurst.
Judas! :D 
How can you dislike Bathurst, one of the greatest tracks of all time? ^^
But 4th with 7 minutes or more? What platform? I'm 7th with a 6:58ish on PC...
The AI is a pain in the a**, especially in Bathurst, but you can manage to get up to 3rd or 4th spot after the 2nd corner and get 1st after the next... after that it's just driving neat and clean. And properly tuned (lvl 15 is sufficient) even the Utes can be some kind of fun to drive...

Well the Endurance challenge seems to be somewhat impossible. Checking the leaderboards (360 version), no one has reached the 20,196m yet...

SirLugash said:
Well the Endurance challenge seems to be somewhat impossible. Checking the leaderboards (360 version), no one has reached the 20,196m yet...
On PS3, I think only 1 person has Platinum so far

Thank you for this week's 8/26/14 challenges. I was very surprised and happy when I found out a number of them also had the damage factor on. “Racing with consequences”. Go ahead and try to hit that hole but if you fail you get slammed with the damage for the rest of the race. I just sat back and enjoyed all of the races. So, I didn't/haven't gotten platinum/gold on all. Who cares. The important thing is I had fun. Thank all Loore.

SirLugash said:
On PS3, I think only 1 person has Platinum so far
It could be also a problem with the leaderboards though.
I noticed that they seem to be quite buggy.
The number one spot was usually just some milliseconds to a second faster than me and when I scored a faster lap it would then show faster times on the top spots.
Happened several times.
So there are probably more people with platinum ratings on the leaderboard but it just isn't showing them correctly.

No, if you check racenet, there are only two platinums, at least, last time I checked..

But, the "always in 21st position" thing is a glitch.

I have ce to the conclussion that what CM is calling time yrial in this game is just a remake of the game "overtake" from grid 2. 
Yeah, I think the GAS AI used to drive those trucks in Grid 2 lol :)

@batman1297‌ 
Then your head start wasn't enough. Usually 25-30 seconds are enough, 20 can already get critical, depending on track and how good you are. So far this worked all the time for me, except mont tremblant short, where I simply waited till the 1st car came round the corner.

I read in another thread aboit starting players in first, but sadly I dont rhink evwn that would work as they are the slowest worst drivers in the game.

i was the one suggesting putting human driver in pos 1. that was in addition to the already suggested increase AI difficulty to hard. those two together would fix most of the issues.
CM gave some response after the two first weeks but after that they have been dead silence about the matter. and when their solution was to give more time attacks(which they haven't really done and will fix nothing) it only shows they have no interest in our concerns regarding this matter.