Jump to content Jump to content

FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel F1 2016 WONT RECOGNIZE TURNING THE WHEEL HELP !!!!

bbop118

Hey guys/gals just got the game can't get my wheel to register turning. Pedals work buttons on wheels work but wont register turning. Any help would be great very frustrated right now. I have set the buttons on my wheel to turn the car when i hit those buttons the wheel FFB does engage but i can't figure this out. CSL Elite Fanatec Wheel and Pedals w. load cell 
So long story short i just tried it again everything on the wheel works every button can be registered along with the pedals working however the wheel its self from left to right does not register while turning it. is there a special way to set this up as it is not a button. also when looking at options it gives both my pedals and wheel as options along with the keyboard i have tried all options but can't get the wheel to be acknowledged. 
I had that issue a few times but does not happen anymore. I had to restart the game each time. Maybe try to avoid using the controller in the game. Start the game und navigate though the menu by using the wheel. I have no idea how we can reproduce the issue but me and my friend had it, too.
yah the wheel it self just isn't being recognized as turning. all buttons work along with pedals can assign everything to it however when i turn the wheel nothing happens. i just downloaded the game so its asking to assign controls. very frustrated at this point.
bbop118 said:
yah the wheel it self just isn't being recognized as turning. all buttons work along with pedals can assign everything to it however when i turn the wheel nothing happens. i just downloaded the game so its asking to assign controls. very frustrated at this point.
This may be just the beginning.
I have the same issue. Checked the Fanatec set-up and all wheel controls, including steering are working fine. Pedals are reporting correctly.
Have invested over $700 in my CSL elite controller, Formula Carbon rim and dual pedals, plus the purchase of F1 2016 and haven't been able to run a single lap.

Please Codemasters - send a patch, I want to start enjoying your sim.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Codemasters Staff
Hi there. We've been unable to replicate this in the studio using this wheel, However, please note that in order to map the steering, you must turn left / right and then return the wheel to the centre position. 

Excellent News!! This procedure works and I was able to enter my steering directions in the custom menu.

Game works fine and the Fanatec CSL Elite base / Formula rim is a joy to use.

Check out Fanaleds if you want the wheel rev lights, gear, speed, etc., to work with the sim.

Thanks again - really appreciate you posting the solution.

Hoo said:
Hi there. We've been unable to replicate this in the studio using this wheel, However, please note that in order to map the steering, you must turn left / right and then return the wheel to the centre position. 
Excellent, got it. Did not realise it had to go back to the center.

Archived