Sign in to follow this  

Replay Cameras - Next DiRT Game

Needs to be like
https://youtu.be/QEXodUohYBA
walls of fans at points and they make noise ;)
a few screaming fans please like @ 1:15

Just wanted to revisit this after playing the game for several months now.  I still think controllable cameras are the best way to go.  

Even a few more camera positions on the stages would be a good start.  And just being able to select a camera position and keep it there without switching, like watching the entire stage from a drone/helicopter, same goes for RX too.

Yup, the biggest gripe I have with DR. The endless switching between incar shots for 70% of the replay. I find the incar camera immersive killing as the virtual wheel small range of movement just makes it look silly. The car moves around the stage in a nice way but they driver hardly moves the wheel.

I do think the replays in Germany are a tad better. There seems to be more stage side cameras. If that's because they listened to feedback or that there is more open space along the stage, I don't know.

It's frustrating as there are some awesome angles out there showing off the awesome sound of this game.
I would gladly put in another 50 bucks if that meant realistic replays. 

think i been asking for betters cams on reply for like forever :D

free roam cam especially.different cam positions especially for recording and screenshots make it alot better.

majority in now on reply arent really what i would like but thats preference.

you see the devs trailer for rally cross. so much better because they have all the angles to film from with dev mode. i wish more games would cater so people can make video just like that.

I think that spectator sounds are super important also and combined with realistic replay cameras would be great, so it was great to hear from CMsoundfx that it was being worked on and they noted also that it needed work and upgrade when i asked about spectator sounds in a another topic.

Now those camera angles.

What was great in rbr was those just a tad shaky hand camera angles combined with heli and tripod shots.
R3E has some greatest car sounds in replays ever. And you can choose from spectator spots far away from your car so that you can wait and hear the car coming from distance and then disappear again. First time i did it i jumped from my chair and almost s**t myself when the car blasted by me,  with replay camera shaking and my speakers on full it really was the closest feeling to real thing in a game compared to my real experiences being as a spectator. 

I mentioned this before, further up I think, the sounds are so good and so much put into them, that its such a waste to not plant a camera like your a spectator and just hold it "in anticipation" of the car coming.  One thing that I enjoy about spectating at a real event is listening to the crackles and surges of the car coming through the woods then finally seeing it.  It would be great to relive this a little in a replay.  

Besides show casing the sound, it would also make our replay videos unique when we post them.  Some have been very creative with hiding the cars briefly, but it would just make posted videos that much more appealing.