Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | THE DECIDER

Imagine if Button hits Rosberg after jokingly saying Hamilton should pay him, would be slightly awkward :#

I'm always going to look back on when his engine blew, I said at the time he'd have no chance winning the Championship. Yet still at the last race has a chance, which shows how good Hamilton is when he's on it.

Hughesy said:
Imagine if Button hits Rosberg after jokingly saying Hamilton should pay him, would be slightly awkward :#

I'm always going to look back on when his engine blew, I said at the time he'd have no chance winning the Championship. Yet still at the last race has a chance, which shows how good Hamilton is when he's on it.
If we're being honest though, we all knew it wouldn't be the end. Suggesting he had no chance at all is a bit knee-jerk, I said as much to anyone who commented that at the time. He's got the fastest car on the grid and he's got the edge over Nico in just about every area as a driver, so of course there is a chance.

I pretty much expected this to happen, not surprised at all. 

Well he still needs to have some major luck, Rosberg is crap, but even he should be able to finish at least 3rd without issues...

Rosberg isn't really "crap" though. He's actually a very quick driver, he's just unlucky to be up against arguably the best driver on the grid. And yes he should take a podium easily without problems. But we will see. 

I'm going to miss Jenson Button so much, a guy from the south west that made it big :'( I'm so happy he managed to get one championship, he deserved that. In the mid 2000s if he had the car he had the skill to win more.

Clean start, the only way now Hamilton wins the title is if Rosberg has a car failure...

Although I'm proud of Hamilton to be in that position after a season of constant mechanical failures but Mercedes got what they wanted
A germen world champion in a germen car

Well, there it is then. The driver with the best car reliability has won the WDC. Good race and a fairly spicy last 10 laps or so. Fair play, and I'm glad this season is over.

Rum time. Bring on 2017 with the hopefully much faster new cars.

Someone measure the width of Rosberg's car, I swear it was an inch wider than allowed :trollface:

Disappointed but not surprised, Malaysia was Hamilton's Hungary 08 moment and we have had a fantastic finale. Roll on 2017 when hopefully we get a 4 way duel.

Well, that was dull.                       
Sort of tried something at the end, but Hamilton didn't go full Senna, so...

Even when driven slowly, the other cars can barely catch the Mercs.

Hopefully next year will be more exciting than this one has been.

Just watched the last few laps of the grand prix again.
Didn't Mercedes say that they wouldn't impose team orders then do exactly the opposite.
Just interesting

Rosberg wins. Could be worse.

Championship has been dull this year but the quality of the racing this year has been very solid. Hopefully 2017 mixes up the grid a bit.

EUfkdup said:
Even when driven slowly, the other cars can barely catch the Mercs.

Hopefully next year will be more exciting than this one has been.
I'm hoping for Red Bull and Merc to be very even, so then we could have a 4 way fight and there'd be 3 drivers I could want to win it ;)

Ferrari will probably end up being disappointing again. My main hope though is for McLaren to really get back up there, and for Vandoorne and Alonso to be able of getting at least podiums.

Happy for Nico, nice to see a new world champion! Great overtake on Max there as well, crucial move that probably secured the title for him.

Button is definitely drunk...                                                                                                                   

fIsince08 said:
Button is definitely a geg                                                                                                             

Here is the future of F1 punditry:
https://twitter.com/djtrickster77/status/802957232891695108?lang=en-gb