Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Game Q&A Thread

Don't you think it's a bit extreme to not buy the game because the steering wheels are not accurate? I think you'll be paying more attention to the track than the steering wheel anyway.

I only use the cockpit view so steering wheel is the main part of my view, also will the wheel be interactive i.e cycle through the screens for info???

Here my first questions;

-          FP1 and FP2, is there any way of Codemasters finally explain once for all, why are them still not included in the game? “No, sorry”? Why sorry?

-          The question above brings me to another question, what about the new rule of having an extra tyre for the first 30 minutes of FP1? No sorry again?

-          Finally what about the unique gear ratio for the entire season rule, is it included in the game? This also connected to the questions above, because how can you setup your car for the qualifying and race using the same gear ratio only practicing 60 minutes? Also in my case, as I want to try to simulate a real f1 weekend I don’t simply restart the single practice session, I always start another session trying to have at least changing weather conditions. But this does not allow me to play a complete season, so how could I have this new gear ratio rule in 2014?

Thanks

@mmpaw37 have you considered the fact that they get thousands of messages like yours every day?  They probably do only reply to the ones with good news tho...  If you check out the screenshots of the game on steam, and look at the two with the williams closely, you'll find the answer to your question, and you won't like it... Before you have a heart attack tho, realize It is possible that they havn't finalized the Williams cockpit yet, which might be why they didn't show it's cockpit view in the trailer.

Agreed. @mmpaw37‌ they've seen your many, many posts; they are aware of your concern. If it's in the plan to change, they'll change it. If it's final, we'll then that's it. And it seems pretty damn clear Hatta answered your question. I think you're just pissy because it wasn't what you wanted to hear, so asking them in a different way you are hoping to get the news you want, but deep down you know it won't happen. No need to keep badgering them about it. 

Let it go bro...just let it go.

At the end of the day, it's a steering wheel. They do the same thing no matter the aesthetic differences.

Just remember that in real, every teams wheel have the buttons put in a different place to other teams. (One team's DRS button on the left side of the wheel while another team has it on the right for example.)

It's not about just changing the textures or the shape. They then have to change the animations of the drivers hands to press the correct button (Or someone will undoubtedly hound them about that minor detail as well). By having one or two different wheels rather than eleven, they don't have to waste time doing eleven different animations for the same thing.

Again, I have updated the first post with more answers to questions. 
I have another question, why has a formation lap not been included in F1 2014, despite a seemingly large request by the community?

Not only formation, but also cool down lap. It would be awesome to drive the car back to the parc fermé after a 100% race, specially for the top 3 parking in front of the 1 2 3 plates. It's terrible to have driving suddenly cut righ after crossing the finish line. Lets hope CM consider this for the next releases.

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:

Teams that have opted to run with the new (larger) dynamic LED display module will have such a wheel in-game. However they won’t differ from team to team like the older wheels. Teams that have opted to run with the traditional LED display module will have the same reflected in-game with the relevant dial and button labels changed as per real life (KERS etc).

You’ll be able to get a better look at the in-game wheels throughout our hotlaps. We hope to release our first video in the next couple weeks.

The thing is Hatta(Luke), I have asked this question to yourself and Steve Hood, and in different ways to try and get some resolution to the question, I don't know how many different ways I can keep asking the same question!.

Why do you both keep avoiding it...?

The more times that the question is avoided the more it makes me think you have something to hide.

I've just launched the latest build and the LEDs are placed on the (Williams) steering wheel. As far as I'm aware, this isn't set to change. Although I'll let you know if it does.

For me, I always like the details in the games to be as close to real life as possible, such as the track details (sausage kerbs, kerbs, run-offs, etc) and I can see how big a deal the steering wheel 'issue' is for you, but is it really that big a deal?

I assume the current wheel for the Williams has the LED display on the top of the steering wheel, and I know in real life that LED display is on the front of the cockpit. Does it really make that big a difference to your experience of the game? It's the same display, it's just in a slightly different position, with a difference of what, 15cm? 

I'd be more worried about whether there have been changes made to the track surfaces and run-offs. For instance, are the kerbs at Monaco updated, has the run-off at Canada been changed to tarmac, has the long sausage kerb on the exit of the final chicane been put in? They effect your race experience, but the positioning of the steering wheel display, not for me.

mmpaw37 said:

Can someone explain how to post a picture???

Get the URL of the image (should end in something like .jpg for example) and click on the file icon on the comment box. Simply paste the URL into where it says, and it should post it.

Hatta said:

I've just launched the latest build and the LEDs are placed on the (Williams) steering wheel. As far as I'm aware, this isn't set to change. Although I'll let you know if it does.

This makes NO sense. The Red Bull has always had the LED on the cockpit rather than the wheel in your games, why on Earth can't the same be done with the 2014 Williams? Utterly maddening.

Not a massive thing, but today it has been revealed that the run off at Parabolica, Monza (final corner) has been turned into a tarmac run-off instead of gravel. 

Do you think this will be changed in time for the new F1 2014 game?

Oh well no formation lap again nothing new for career mode another 40 bucks for the same game.

Every game that has been released the cars have been modeled on the start of the season. (Round 1 of the season). The wheels are part of the car so...why would that be any different?

Personally I think the implementation of a nice FOM hud is more critical to the experience than the steering wheel, however I do find it a little slack that such a simple detail cant be copied from the red bull as has been previously mentioned

It's a shame that you can't change your number, but may I have the proof?

I think that it was Steve who mentioned it in a tweet last week. I can't be arsed to go back through though to find it. 

All the answers in the first post are from reliable sources, so that means either Steve Hood, Luke Spring, Lee Mather, Formula 1 Game on Twitter or Codemasters on Twitter. 

@Hatta Since we're having all this talk of steering wheels, will there be a setting to remove the steering wheel and hands from the cockpit view? GRID Autosport has that option now.

[Quote]As there is no more Young Driver Test, how do we choose our starting team for career mode?
You can now choose from any team you like.[/quote]

Does anyone have anymore info on this? I guess this means the whole contracts and getting to sign with better teams is gone? If so, that really sucks. It's what I enjoyed about F1 career mode

It'll be the same as after you completed the YDT in 2013 just that every team is an option instead of a just a few. I imagine after that you would need to earn the contracts by performing well just as before.

mmpaw37 said:

Araqiel said:

Hatta said:

This makes NO sense. The Red Bull has always had the LED on the cockpit rather than the wheel in your games, why on Earth can't the same be done with the 2014 Williams? Utterly maddening.

Exactly...

In regards to the Williams wheel, after some searching on the net I did come across something that caught my attention.

I was looking at the Williams team steering wheels over the past few years and I happen to view a picture which clearly shown the new FW36 car with the new steering wheel.

What I found interesting was that at the beginning of the season(Maybe even the pre-season testing), the Williams wheel was the same as it is now but for one difference...The LED display/RPM lights were actually attached to the top of the wheel!..., and at some later stage they changed it to where it is currently located on the cockpit.

Now, Hatta has said that the latest built of the game had the LED display on the top of the wheel. SO..., We know that Codemasters have said that the cars are modelled from the start of the season, does that also mean that they have made the wheel exact from the start...?

Is this is true and Hatta can confirm this, then I will apologise for my unwarranted threads/posts.

...Until I see the 'final' wheel then my comments will stand. 

Williams have never had the display on the wheel this season. Same deal in pre-season testing.

Nitro199 said:

[Quote]As there is no more Young Driver Test, how do we choose our starting team for career mode?
You can now choose from any team you like.[/quote]

Does anyone have anymore info on this? I guess this means the whole contracts and getting to sign with better teams is gone? If so, that really sucks. It's what I enjoyed about F1 career mode

You'll probably have to meet targets as before, and the bigger teams will have higher expectations. If the upgrade system is once again borked to give the AI fully-upgraded cars from the start while yours is hopeless, then there won't be a lot of point in playing Career mode anyway though.

There is a kind of bug in the engineer`s preset racing strategy (please fix on F1 2014): The engineers does not take into account the tyre wear resulting from qualifying! 

Therefor, the tyre-conditions (%) should be visible in pre-race screen.

Today I was recommended 3 stints on options, 1 on primes. One set of options was totally worn, but he recommends to drive with it the same amount of laps as with the better sets.

It is not that difficult making a formula for that.

Furthermore the engineer does not see that a fully fuel loaded cars has more tyre wear than an almost empty one. So I do my strat on my own and works fine :) well i can make a formula, pete, pm me if interested.

Thats why you should NEVER take any information the engineer provides you seriously. He also neglects to inform you that your tyres will be shot after 10 laps while the AI's will go 3 race distances