Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Game Q&A Thread

Thanks for compiling the list. Very helpful. I wonder if the engineer well be smarter in providing pointers to improve during qualifying and race, much like in F1 sport on how Hamilton could improve in some turns. 

And will Mercedes team be as OP as they are in this F1 season? That would be good for immersion :-) 

On one hand, I want to have Mercedes dominant as it is like real life but on the other hand, I'd like to race against different people for the win too from time to time like Ricciardo.

In career mode, will Mercedes stay dominant throughout the 5 years or will teams catch up/overtake them?

On one hand, I want to have Mercedes dominant as it is like real life but on the other hand, I'd like to race against different people for the win too from time to time like Ricciardo.

In career mode, will Mercedes stay dominant throughout the 5 years or will teams catch up/overtake them?
Codemasters have never got the AI pecking order right in the past, and in the interests of younger audiences guys like Chilton and Gutierrez will probably be fighting for wins like last year.

If I had my way, it would be a race for 3rd in the world championship (unless you sign for merc), with red bull or Williams there to pick up the scraps

ocesc68 said:

What's wrong with you ppl? Complaining about steering wheels being not accurate? DAFUQ?? Sure, I also want it to be as detailed as possible, but if this is not the case, it isn't a game breaker for me. These are just fucking steering wheels you won't even notice, as you are paying attention to the track. 

I think what's wrong is people like you, this is suppose to be an authentic experience. What kind of dipshit is happy with a half ass job that is not representative of our passion... go away from F1 please, sheep !

Hatta said:

Teams that have opted to run with the new (larger) dynamic LED display module will have such a wheel in-game. However they won’t differ from team to team like the older wheels. Teams that have opted to run with the traditional LED display module will have the same reflected in-game with the relevant dial and button labels changed as per real life (KERS etc).

You’ll be able to get a better look at the in-game wheels throughout our hotlaps. We hope to release our first video in the next couple weeks.

.... Are you guys happy with that ? You feel good making us pay for something fake ?

Tr3voRR said:
ocesc68 said:

What's wrong with you ppl? Complaining about steering wheels being not accurate? DAFUQ?? Sure, I also want it to be as detailed as possible, but if this is not the case, it isn't a game breaker for me. These are just fucking steering wheels you won't even notice, as you are paying attention to the track. 

I think what's wrong is people like you, this is suppose to be an authentic experience. 
It's supposed to be a fun game. No more, no less.

Vettel just came into the pit-lane too quickly.  He had to slow the car in order to average his pitlane speed and avoid a penalty.  Shame we don't have manual control of this in the game.  The possibility of getting a pitlane speeding penalty would add to the excitement.

I agree the complaining about the steering wheels gotta be laughable at the very least. Complaints should be focused on all those game areas that could use some serious tweaking, or even better re-making , as I hope It's been taken into consideration with the new engine that is almost here; you know things like the odd flashy physics; the always laughably, retarded and cheating AI, and If possible the other thousand bugs more that requiere desperate attention too

mmpaw37 said:
Vettel just came into the pit-lane too quickly.  He had to slow the car in order to average his pitlane speed and avoid a penalty.  Shame we don't have manual control of this in the game.  The possibility of getting a pitlane speeding penalty would add to the excitement.
If I remember rightly, I think F1 2010 was like that, the manual pit limiter at least anyway!.
Yes it was and why they would want to reduce the amount of gameplay in a game is beyond me.

mmpaw37 said:
If I remember rightly, I think F1 2010 was like that, the manual pit limiter at least anyway!.
Yes it was and why they would want to reduce the amount of gameplay in a game is beyond me.
Because theres more sales opportunity in the casual market from people that dont necessarily follow or know anything about F1. Same reason Bernie's determined to pull the sport from its homeland and migrate it to countries with no motorsport heritage. Money and greed rule this world

Q: Will you be able to set the laptimes average for AI? I think I would enjoy single player a lot more if I could boost the speed of the AI, legendary is just too slow in F1 2013 currently 

One question.. Will you be able to choose a real driver and perform a full season? Think it was called Championship Mode in previous titles? However 2012 didnt have this and got me really disappointed. Not buying if this mode is off once again.

wspower said:
One question.. Will you be able to choose a real driver and perform a full season? Think it was called Championship Mode in previous titles? However 2012 didnt have this and got me really disappointed. Not buying if this mode is off once again.
think you can as it was restored in the 2013 game so would imagine it'll stay for 2014

Q: Will you be able to set the laptimes average for AI? I think I would enjoy single player a lot more if I could boost the speed of the AI, legendary is just too slow in F1 2013 currently 

In F1 2014 you cannot define an average lap time. As with previous years, difficulty is defined by amateur, intermediate, professional, expert and legend difficulties. Thanks for the feedback though, I'll pass it on to the team.
wspower said:
You can do this in GP mode by creating a playlist that features the full 2014 season. :)
TomskiPl said:
Will F1 2014 have supported xbox one controller pc?
Good question. I'll look into this.

Are you expanding the scenario mode?
Yes, there is a range of scenarios based on real-world challenges and moments from recent history.

Has anyone ever really played this 'mode'? 
/me raises hand. Yes, I always quite enjoy it actually, thanks for asking.
So, the first time you jump into the game, not used to the new 'handling' and everything you're getting 'evaluated' before you have familiarised yourself with the game and not used to it and you're being 'assessed' ? 
Just like that last two Grids at least (can't remember if the first one did it), and I can't say it's ever bothered me there.
So if you join a random public race the driving standard will be awful and you'll get knocked off all the time because no one has done any practice

Well no, you'll get knocked off all the time in random public races because that's just the way of random public races. Anybody who actually wants to practise will likely do most of their practising offline anyway.

Why is the Mclaren in the "winter testing/reveal" livery? And will you be updating it to the Australian livery before launch?

Will FP1 and FP2 be in the game?
No, sorry, it will be one 60 minute practice session
So we're getting less free practice time than in the last game?  thats what you call progress
- No it's the same as what we've had in 2012 and 2013.

Are you expanding the scenario mode?
Yes, there is a range of scenarios based on real-world challenges and moments from recent history.
Has anyone ever really played this 'mode'?  if i want a scenario i'll go and make my own thanks, this is just a waste of the already limited games resource
- Yes people play it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't.

What is the new driver evaluation system?
So, the first time you jump into the game, not used to the new 'handling' and everything you're getting 'evaluated' before you have familiarised yourself with the game and not used to it and you're being 'assessed' ?  how is it a fair evaluation if you've never played the frigging game before?  and then as we can change the difficulty to our liking anyway, whats the fucking point of this part of the game?  it's completely  redundant.
- Complaining like this is the only racing game to do this. You can restart if you mess up anyway. It's to give a recommended difficulty. That is all. Don't like it then just change it to what you want. Simple.

Are the effects of ERS delivered automatically in F1 2014?
Yes, they are. In previous games you had to press a button to activate KERS, but in F1 2014 there is no 'boost button' or 'overtake button', the power is applied automatically.
So we've lost yet another feature and part of the driving experience.
- Considering that's how ERS activates in real F1 then no it is not a feature we have lost. It's how it's designed.

Is fuel management going to play a part in F1 2014?
Yes, you will have to constantly manage fuel whilst racing, for example, through lifting and coasting. There isn't an option to turn fuel saving on and off either, so you will have to think about fuel much more in F1 2014.
Yet another feature lost.
- Yet more evidence of not understanding the sport. Again, that's how it works now.

Will the new cars have 8 gears as in real life?
They sure do, and they'll have lots of torque too.
Codies confirming they can count to 8 and feel the need to tell us all about it
- Is there a 'stupid' button I can click on?

How big are the online lobbies in F1 2014?
They are the same as the last few games, 16 players online. 
What about the online infrastructure ?  being able to restart races without having to create a new lobby, having dedicated servers and not using the lagg fest p2p system? why can't the masters of code "codemasters"  do this?
- The first sensible point in the post. Shame about the attitude at the end of it. Personal guess would be not in 2014, maybe for new gen.

Are you able to have online practice sessions?
So if you join a random public race the driving standard will be awful and you'll get knocked off all the time because no one has done any practice so we all get fed up and end of being forced to run/join leagues just so we can race with a good standard of drivers.
- Online practice sessions won't solve the problem of less able players joining a lobby. This feature would only be useful to league racers. An idea that should be considered however.

TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:
Good question. I'll look into this.

So, we wainting for info ;)

Still waiting on the answer for this.
Sebrix said:
Why is the Mclaren in the "winter testing/reveal" livery? And will you be updating it to the Australian livery before launch?
It's the livery we were provided with at the time we had to model/texture the cars. :) We won't be updating liveries post-launch, sorry.
Are ERS failures possible in the game? 
Not this year, but thanks for the feedback. I'll send it over to the team.

Regarding online practice, I've been saying this since F1 2010, do it like Gran Turismo 5/6. In those games you create/join the lobby and you have the option to go to the track and practice while waiting for other players to join the lobby. That would give players the chance to practice before qualifying & race and would also remove one of the worst parts of online playing which is waiting for other players in a lobby.

Hatta said:
Are ERS failures possible in the game? 
Not this year, but thanks for the feedback. I'll send it over to the team.
@Hatta Not? And what about the maximum fuel usage per hour?