Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Game Q&A Thread

Question 1: When you start career mode, can you choose your own gear ratios before the season starts like in real life or are they pre-determined?
Question 2: In 2013, the DRS detection and activation points were in the wrong places in Brazil. Has this been corrected?
Question 3: Are the cars as fast in a straight as they should be? For example, can you reach/exceed 360KM/H at Monza like in real life?
Question 4: Do you get to choose your team to start with every season or is that just for the first season?

so you are using a pre-season livery on the mclaren which was never seen in a race. You've had SIX months to update this which for whoever is the artist painting the cars wouldn't have taken too much time at all to get it right.
And this is an official game, seriously?

nobbymilo said:
so you are using a pre-season livery on the mclaren which was never seen in a race. You've had SIX months to update this which for whoever is the artist painting the cars wouldn't have taken too much time at all to get it right.
And this is an official game, seriously?
It's not up to "the artist", it's up to McLaren and FOM.

I think they ( codies)  underestimate how many people actually play this game properly in organised races, if people want to have a quick race with their mates on a pad, what do they do?  they stick in gran turismo or something similar.
The ironic part is that Gran Turismo 6 does have online practice, players can join the lobby while others are on the track practicing, I don't see why CM couldn't do something similar for their F1 games.

TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:
Good question. I'll look into this.

So, we wainting for info ;)

Yes, the Xbox One pad works great on the PC version of F1 2014. :)

Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:

Greate!! Will F1 2014 supported impulse triggers in xbo controller like forza motorsport 5?

TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:

Greate!! Will F1 2014 supported impulse triggers in xbo controller like forza motorsport 5?
Rumble triggers aren't supported. But the pad feels great. 

Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:

Thanks for the info @Hatta!!! Also the previous question here, can you choose your gear ratios before starting the season? And then a 1 change joker afterwards? Cheers!

Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:
Hatta said:

Good info. Thx for reply. BTW, Maybe in the future rumble triggers will be available for pc. Wath do you think?

Probably this same situation with gloves sponsor like F1 2012. In career mode we haven't sponsor on gloves?

martrex54 said:
Why the ERS power is applied automatically? It isn't even felt that something is boosting car power.
Because thats how it works in reality

Though of course it's actually because, much as I'm sure they'd love to, Codemasters don't generally get access to most (any?) of the real F1 cars to record the audio.

from there homepage:

Will each car handle differently based off what we’ve witnessed this season?
Each team have their own distinct handling characteristics, and performance is balanced to mirror the 2014 season.  For example, the Mercedes is the most dominant all round package, but the Williams is particularly strong in a straight line. 

yeah right, thats why you guess gave the Williams a Renault engine and made the ferrari the fastest car on top speed...

About: "Is the mid-session save feature still in F1 2014?"
"Of course, you can still save your progress through any part of the session."

In my F1 2013 this option (mid session save) was disabled, and now, in F1 2014 is disabled too, why?

SirDaniel said:
About: "Is the mid-session save feature still in F1 2014?"
"Of course, you can still save your progress through any part of the session."

In my F1 2013 this option (mid session save) was disabled, and now, in F1 2014 is disabled too, why?

What are you talking about? It IS in the game..

bonjour a tous moi je vien signaler un souci avec le serveur de f1 2014 je n'arrive plus a remote dans la clacement en ligne jai t 10eme mtn je suis 18eme je fai des cours sur cours rien ne change pk je le di si c pas regle je depose plaine contre codemaster et je vai di a tous les ki joux a la f1 2014n de ne pas achette la ps4