Jump to content Jump to content

The right wheel for the upcoming F1 game. Any suggestions?

I've been looking to get a race wheel for F1 2014 (On my PS3) and I was looking to get a good force feedback wheel that is compatible with the game,works well and doesn't cost a lot of money. I was looking at the Thrustmaster T100 and I wanted to get a response to whether this wheel is one worth getting, and if it was compatible with F1 2013 (I say F1 2013 because seeing as F1 2014 is going to be on PS3 aswell I presume it will work on it aswell). Cheers

If you plan on getting a PS4 soon please note that currently all Logitech wheels and Fanatec wheels are not compatible on PS4. (Although this may change). Only the Thrustmaster wheels (including the T100) are compatible. From what I've heard, the T100 is a good inexpensive wheel, however it wasn't compatible with F1 2013, so don't count on it being compatible with F1 2014. You're in a tough position. The Logitech Driving Force GT is another good inexpensive wheel, that is compatible with F1 2013 and almost definitely F1 2014, however as I said before it currently isn't compatible with PS4.

Chilza 381, maybe the Driving Force GT could be a good one for me to get. I was looking at it on the Logitec website and all it says is that it has 900 degree steering. Does it have the 200 or 270 degree angle support for F1 games too?

G25/g27 are by far the best,i have two g25's and one g27.they are both compatible with pc and ps3 and whoever says that they are not compatible with ps4 is chattin s**t!the console does not and will not determine wheel compatibility,its down to the software developers to program the wheel into their individual games(fact!)also as it happens i have a post on here named perfect for serious racers.look it up.

I wouldnt call it chatting shit atm, have you looked at the compatible wheels for project cars and driveclub? ONLY thrustmaster are atm for the ps4 :( I have a fanatec so hopefull this will change but from what im seeing on all the forums  fanatec and logitech wheels are not going to work with ps4 racing games. wouldnt be to bad if there was a high end wheel to replace my elite but all the thrustmasters look cheap and tacky in my opinion. lets hope F1 2014 is enough to keep all us wheel users happy untill fanatec or any 1 else bring out a next gen wheel worth buying, licensed F1 wheel for F1 2015 would be amazing CODEMASTERS :)

fil140 said:

G25/g27 are by far the best,i have two g25's and one g27.they are both compatible with pc and ps3 and whoever says that they are not compatible with ps4 is chattin s**t!the console does not and will not determine wheel compatibility

It should if it has any kind of decent input device APIs as part of the OS. Game developers having to write their own drivers for every device is madness — which is why none of the Xbox 360 wheels are compatible with the Xbox One, because they changed the input device protocols between the two.

SamuelTrautman said:

im amazed after 4 years that no official f1 wheels are available, i'd like a ferrari 1 personally

To be honest a wheel designed just for the F1 games wouldnt sell much as seeing as it would be an official product, like all other official merchandise, it'd probably be a rip off. Thrustmaster do have an F1 wheel though, I'd like one of those :blush: 

The majority wheel in our leagues by a country mile is the "Driving Force GT". I don't really get this nonsense with officially supported wheels, especially with XBox - both consoles have USB ports therefore they support ANY wheel the games company decide to code for. 

Seems like Microsoft have some stupid agreement with peripheral manufacturers that will cause them to lose sales, but I will personally eat my own earwax if the DFGT isn't supported on PS4 (and we all know how terrible that tastes!). 

vtidixon said:

I wouldnt call it chatting shit atm, have you looked at the compatible wheels for project cars and driveclub? ONLY thrustmaster are atm for the ps4 :( I have a fanatec so hopefull this will change but from what im seeing on all the forums  fanatec and logitech wheels are not going to work with ps4 racing games. wouldnt be to bad if there was a high end wheel to replace my elite but all the thrustmasters look cheap and tacky in my opinion. lets hope F1 2014 is enough to keep all us wheel users happy untill fanatec or any 1 else bring out a next gen wheel worth buying, licensed F1 wheel for F1 2015 would be amazing CODEMASTERS :)

Sorry mate that did read a bit strong,i actually meant any reviewers or industry sources and not you or any of us meer mortals,a codies chap who was on a driving course with me explained that all wheels will be compatible,but its down to the software code as to wether or not that particular software uses any particular wheel.:)

i have a g27 in very good condition and a g25 in reasonably good condition,i wanted to give first refusal to you guys,both are in full working order and both have been modded to increase brake and clutch resistance aswell as a gearshift mod to add realism to the feel of gear changes,ive also tweeked the paddle shifters to make them feel more solid.the g27 has a removable bridge between the brake and the clutch for left foot braking,also adding yet more resistance to the brake,more lije f1.I am open to sensible offers before i ebay them,you do an ebay search to get an idea,and mods can be viewed on youtube from chillicoke.pm if interested.

RyanF28 said:

How much of a difference is there between the Logitec G27 and the Driving Force GT (if there is any)? It's just that I'm trying to save as much money as I can and the G27 looks quite expensive compared to the DF GT

I previously used a DFGT and now use a G27. I loved the DFGT, it was a great wheel for the price, but I decided I wanted to get something a little better so I got a G27. The G27 is quite a lot better than the DFGT but in saying that the DFGT is still a really good wheel, especially if you can get one for under $100. So if you don't want to pay too much, get the DFGT.