Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PC Career Mode not Saving F1 2016

I have been doing a career mode run through on 100%, full qualifying and full practice.
After making a mid session save on the 56th lap, the game no longer saves. No mid game saves or saving after the race has been completed.
I have moved onto Monoco and tried saving while mid way through FP1, however it still does not save.
After restarting my computer, it is still not saving at all. I have had this issue before but restarting the game seemed to solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks!

Edit: I have just tested this in other game modes, it is still not saving mid session.

Hi MrFlibble94, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Please can you clarify, is the game saving but mid session saves do not work or has saving stopped working completely?

Lozzy said:
Hi MrFlibble94, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Please can you clarify, is the game saving but mid session saves do not work or has saving stopped working completely?
Hi Lozzy, I am unable to save at all. However when I quit to the main menu (Not using the mid session save), it seems to have saved the progress but once I close the game completely the progress is lost.

Can you check that autosave is enabled in the Game Options. It will be but lets do the simple things first.

The next think I would suggest you try is to take a backup of your save and then delete the mid session save files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\515220\remote. Then see if the game starts saving again. I'm wondering if the game or steam incorrectly think that save is corrupt or cannot be deleted / overwritten.

Lozzy said:
Can you check that autosave is enabled in the Game Options. It will be but lets do the simple things first.

The next think I would suggest you try is to take a backup of your save and then delete the mid session save files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\515220\remote. Then see if the game starts saving again. I'm wondering if the game or steam incorrectly think that save is corrupt or cannot be deleted / overwritten.
I can´t found the order! :worried:

I have search the order for F1 2016 and have delect. So I join the Game , the game can save automatic but then I change the country in option. Now I get again same error with can´t auto save!

Lozzy said:

The autosave was enabled. Looks like removing the save has worked and the game is now saving again! Thanks for the assist!

@Lozzy I have search the file but i can´t find the number of file! But I have found the orther file for F1 2016.
My problem is the game can´t save automatic, so I try delect the file. After delect the save file has the game no problems. But after change the settings the game has again same problem!

So you cannot find this directory?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\515220\remote

The folder xxxxxxxxx will be unique to you, there should only be one folder in the userdata folder.

Make a backup of that remote folder and try deleting the mid session save files and see if that fixes it.

In that case I'm not sure what else you can do.

Does the same track work in Quick Race?

Lozzy said:
In that case I'm not sure what else you can do.

Does the same track work in Quick Race?
Yes. I think the save feature is down! If codemasters not fix the problem i can´t play the game!