Sign in to follow this  

Which issues are ACTUALLY going to receive a fix?

Tony031R said:

Considering that most issues reported on these forums didn't get an official acknowledgement from Codemasters while others have gotten the generic "we're looking into it" line as a respone, considering the fact that this week's patch addressed issues that just very few players encountered (and basically nothing worth a damn except for the uber-limited Time Trial and sort-of-extensive controller setups), while leaving out the major stuff, I'm starting this thread.

The purpose of it is to get an official response on what issues are surely going to be patched, what issues are actually being looked into, and what issues are going to be left untouched (because there ARE going to be some, let's face it...).

So, I'm starting a list with the issues that I find the most pressing at the moment.

- Save Files Corrupt: We know this is going to be patched

- 0 cr Sell Price issue: Any info on it?

- Repair Costs: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

- RaceNet Club liveries occasionaly not available to select in Custom Cup online: We have no acknowledgement of this issue from Codemasters yet. Any more info on it?

- AI freezing/not starting/not finishing in Custom Cup online: We have no acknowledgement of this issue from Codemasters yet. Any more info on it?

- RaceNet Challenge AI tweaks or exclusion / focus on Time Attack fix: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

- Car Stats reset: Any info on it?

- Ghost issues in RaceNet Challenges: Any info on it?

- Cheaters getting listed in RaceNet Challenges leaderboards / VAC issue: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

These issues combined with the AI being completely messed up, with the fact that the Time Trial mode is extremely limited (even though I admit it's better than nothing) and with the overwhelming number of small glitches and omissions, virtually make the game unplayable for me at the moment as I'm SERIOUSLY one step away from uninstalling the damn thing.

@Loore‌, with all due respect, I think the people playing this game extensively NEED and DESERVE a transparent response regarding what they can and cannot expect in the matter of future patches.

You guys at Codemasters must know what issues have priority and what's not even on your radar by now. Whatever you have in terms of information regarding the issues listed above (or below), can you please share it with us? Because, honestly, if these problems won't be addressed in future patches, I for one see no reason to spend any more hours in GRID Autosport.

Thanks.

Save files corrupt - Fixed in patch

0 Sell price issue - Fixed in patch

Repair costs - scheduled to be fixed in a patch

RaceNet liveries - Currently being investigated

AI Freezing - Currently being investigated

RaceNet Challenge - We do plan on focusing more on Time Attack, AI removal is unlikely at this time

Car stats reset - Currently being investigated

RaceNet Challenge Ghost Issues - Could you elaborate?

Cheaters getting listed - We'll keep banning them, we're also looking into more anti cheat stuff internally (and for good reason, behind closed doors)

All people in lobby have same stat as me.  Same amount of races and money earned online.

Still no 5 garage slots on PS3 and have purchased the season pass.

Loore said:

RaceNet Challenge - We do plan on focusing more on Time Attack, AI removal is unlikely at this time

Cheaters getting listed - We'll keep banning them, we're also looking into more anti cheat stuff internally (and for good reason, behind closed doors)

That's good to hear but the question is if this patch ever arrives on consoles... Every day I need to delete my saves in order to be able to play. The next step of the the Code-Disaster will be to ban all those gamers as myself who had to restart their online carreer and therefore have strange looking stats on Racenet and therefore threated like cheaters?

berre said:
Loore said:

That's good to hear but the question is if this patch ever arrives on consoles... Every day I need to delete my saves in order to be able to play. The next step of the the Code-Disaster will be to ban all those gamers as myself who had to restart their online carreer and therefore have strange looking stats on Racenet and therefore threated like cheaters?

why keep playing if you know the save file issue is corrupt? kinda stupid playng and playing dont you think?

berre said:
Loore said:

I'm hoping to have an update on the console patch today / tomorrow. I don't think you'll be banned for making new saves, we can distinguish between that and someone cheating the system :)

why keep playing if you know the save file issue is corrupt? kinda stupid playng and playing dont you think?

Because although I hate the way this gaming studio treat us (cutomer & gamer), I'm honest enough to tell that the gameplay is one of the best I ever experienced on PS3. I love the game. And I play the game daily also as I'm a trophy hunter.
Anyway why should I have to defend myself that I play daily. And who are you to threat me?

The issue here is not if I'm stupid or not, the issue here we have paid for something that is broken, unfinished, and not supported (not yet)

All people in lobby have same stat as me.  Same amount of races and money earned online.

Still no 5 garage slots on PS3 and have purchased the season pass.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also, about the liveries not appearing, someone mentioned that if you use a Black Edition livery, those in the club without it won't have a livery. That may be the issue. You should all the people with the problem if they have Black Edition or not. 

Loore said:

@Loore‌, thanks. It's very good to know the repair costs are now scheduled to recieve a fix and are past the "we're looking at it" status. Also, presuming "currently being investigated" translates into "we'll figure it out and patch it", all will be well in Autosport land once again.

Your post almost made me more tolerant towards the AI in RaceNet. :)

Regarding ghost issues, I think @Photonik explained the situation a bit more in depth here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3037/fix-the-fucking-racenet-challenges

As for myself, I had some issues in Time Trial yesterday where the PB Ghost Car kept showing up behind me on the mini map and on screen even though I was constantly clocking lap times 0.2-0.5 sec. slower than my PB.

Also, if you use a friend's ghost as a marker in RaceNet Challenges it sometimes doesn't display correctly. I had it stop showing up after the first lap twice so far. Another two or three times, it displayed correctly though.

PS: If we could get this kind of updates more regularly, just someone to come out and say "yes guys, we're not ready to deploy a patch yet but we're making progress with this and that and we acknowledge this and that" it really would limit the amount of frustration and rage shown around here. :)

TUSMBOX said:
Also, about the liveries not appearing, someone mentioned that if you use a Black Edition livery, those in the club without it won't have a livery. That may be the issue. You should all the people with the problem if they have Black Edition or not. 

Nope, it's not that. I do have the Black Edition but so does the only other member of my club. And I'm not even using a Black Edition pattern for the club livery.

I THINK (I'm not really sure, obviously) that inviting someone to join your session / joining a session through Steam causes this problem, as almost every time when I did this, the club livery wouldn't show up. Start the game normally, get in the Custom Cup, search for the session and join it "manually", and the club liveries are always available to select.

Tony031R said:

TUSMBOX said:

Nope, it's not that. I do have the Black Edition but so does the only other member of my club. And I'm not even using a Black Edition pattern for the club livery.

I THINK (I'm not really sure, obviously) that inviting someone to join your session / joining a session through Steam causes this problem, as almost every time when I did this, the club livery wouldn't show up. Start the game normally, get in the Custom Cup, search for the session and join it "manually", and the club liveries are always available to select.

I found that I have to manually go and check the RaceNet Club listings on the Online menu before I can use Club liveries. Otherwise I show-up with just [] for my Club and the liveries are unselectable. Checking the Club listing (essentially forcing a connection to RaceNet there and then) fixes it for me for the rest of the session.

I found that I have to manually go and check the RaceNet Club listings on the Online menu before I can use Club liveries. Otherwise I show-up with just [] for my Club and the liveries are unselectable. Checking the Club listing (essentially forcing a connection to RaceNet there and then) fixes it for me for the rest of the session.

Yup, that's the issue I'm talking about as well. Thanks for the tip. Makes sense. I believe it also works if you reselect the RaceNet Club livery for the car you're going to use in the My Vehicles - Car - Livery screen before entering the lobby.

It's probably a problem with the game's RaceNet sync. Shouldn't be something particularly hard to fix, I guess.

all good guys, more and more people are losing the experience both offline as online, the improvements of the cars are still being lost and having to re-purchase and failing to increase our credits for the purchase of improvements and new vehicles, Spoken by the xbox360 platform, it is very frustrating to get to level 90, go to bed and when you re-connect it again the next day to find the message of corrupt file or the credit you spent on improvements missed as improvements you acquired, we expect a patch soon please ...