Sign in to follow this  

Which issues are ACTUALLY going to receive a fix?

Considering that most issues reported on these forums didn't get an official acknowledgement from Codemasters while others have gotten the generic "we're looking into it" line as a respone, considering the fact that this week's patch addressed issues that just very few players encountered (and basically nothing worth a damn except for the uber-limited Time Trial and sort-of-extensive controller setups), while leaving out the major stuff, I'm starting this thread.

The purpose of it is to get an official response on what issues are surely going to be patched, what issues are actually being looked into, and what issues are going to be left untouched (because there ARE going to be some, let's face it...).

So, I'm starting a list with the issues that I find the most pressing at the moment.

- Save Files Corrupt: We know this is going to be patched

- 0 cr Sell Price issue: Any info on it?

- Repair Costs: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

- RaceNet Club liveries occasionaly not available to select in Custom Cup online: We have no acknowledgement of this issue from Codemasters yet. Any more info on it?

- AI freezing/not starting/not finishing in Custom Cup online: We have no acknowledgement of this issue from Codemasters yet. Any more info on it?

- RaceNet Challenge AI tweaks or exclusion / focus on Time Attack fix: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

- Car Stats reset: Any info on it?

- Ghost issues in RaceNet Challenges: Any info on it?

- Cheaters getting listed in RaceNet Challenges leaderboards / VAC issue: We know this is being looked into. Any more info on it?

These issues combined with the AI being completely messed up, with the fact that the Time Trial mode is extremely limited (even though I admit it's better than nothing) and with the overwhelming number of small glitches and omissions, virtually make the game unplayable for me at the moment as I'm SERIOUSLY one step away from uninstalling the damn thing.

@Loore‌, with all due respect, I think the people playing this game extensively NEED and DESERVE a transparent response regarding what they can and cannot expect in the matter of future patches.

You guys at Codemasters must know what issues have priority and what's not even on your radar by now. Whatever you have in terms of information regarding the issues listed above (or below), can you please share it with us? Because, honestly, if these problems won't be addressed in future patches, I for one see no reason to spend any more hours in GRID Autosport.

Thanks.

Tony031R said:

- 0 cr Sell Price issue: Any info on it?

This alone is driving me insane. I'm an avid V8 Supercars fan, so to see my Falcon FG corrupted with the $0 giltch really pushes my limits. Oh, & the fact that the DLC cars (which in itself is shocking) also are affected by this goes to show that Codemasters seem incapable of making a game that actually works as intended.

I keep seeing a notification that pops up to tell me garage slots are available...and they are not there.

The Premium Garage Pack is only available to those who bought the Season Pass, as far as I know. So basically you have to pay 30 euro for all DLC in order to be eligible for this pack. Which in itself is all kinds of stupid, but hey... I guess you have to give people a reward of sorts for pre-ordering DLCs with content from GRID 2 that should have been in the game from the get go.

Because, honestly, if these problems won't be addressed in future patches, I for one see no reason to spend any more hours in GRID Autosport.

Thanks.

+1  !!!

ha youll be lucky. did you not see CMs announcemtn a couple days ago on facebook? yup a new F1 title.. its typical codies. release have finished game then dlc, then move onto next game and forget their users... shold worry about fixing a game before announcing another title

Tony031R said:

I keep seeing a notification that pops up to tell me garage slots are available...and they are not there.

The Premium Garage Pack is only available to those who bought the Season Pass, as far as I know. So basically you have to pay 30 euro for all DLC in order to be eligible for this pack. Which in itself is all kinds of stupid, but hey... I guess you have to give people a reward of sorts for pre-ordering DLCs with content from GRID 2 that should have been in the game from the get go.

I bought the season pass, but still see nothing regarding garage slots.

@jerrymackturner‌ 
You can buy 5 additional slots. You don't get them immediately. So instead of the 30 slots for 'normal' users you can buy up to 35 slots. Still ridiculous. 5 years ago you could simply buy every car.

Did you download something or were they just available when you went to view your cars?

I just went into my garage and i had 5 more garage slots open to buy cars.

Don't forget the cockpits that look worse than a PS1 title, amazes me this is not in the above list.

Hmmmmm, well, maybe I have too many cars already.  Did you already have a bunch of purchased cars?

Well. I had only like 16 cars, but if you got your garage spots you should have 5 over what you did before the pack released. I am on pc.

Goresh said:
Don't forget the cockpits that look worse than a PS1 title, amazes me this is not in the above list.

It would definitely be better with high lod cockpits, but are you really looking at the cockpit when you are racing? Maybe as well the extra load may present performance issues with the current engine? Idk.

sgll said:

ha youll be lucky. did you not see CMs announcemtn a couple days ago on facebook? yup a new F1 title.. its typical codies. release have finished game then dlc, then move onto next game and forget their users... shold worry about fixing a game before announcing another title

Two different teams. I don’t care a jot what the F1 team announce, none of their staff will have been working on Grid or fixing its bugs, nor would it necessarily be productive to bring them on board to help. (The Mythical Man Month, and all that.)

Yes I am looking at the cockpit, in racing one needs to look at mirrors and motecs. Well in real racing, not whats offered here I guess. If other developers can manage such basic aspects of racing its not impossible. The fact this title was promised to include cockpits and then to see what was delivered is a joke. Codemasters needs to give up on racing titles and move on to something more intune with their skills. Virtual checkers comes to mind.

Maybe you should take a look at Asetto Corsa! I never bought this game thinking it would be a sim racer! I knew what i was getting into. It's a sim\arcade title!

I get the distinct feeling that Loore is as much in the dark as the rest of us. He's not a developer. And I don't think the actual developers touch these boards.