Sign in to follow this  

If Codies think.......

they can get away with producing games with serious bugs, they are eventually going to pay the price. It's not just a few people complaining on here, they should listen to the gamer's complaints online when playing. People are furious with what's going on and that's putting it mildly. 

Grid Autosport, a way of an apology for grid 2 but make you pay for extra garage slots, probably the basic part of any racing game. Then the 'Booster Pack', because of the lack of winnings, xp and crazy repair costs. Whoever coded this and came to these decisions are seriously taking the proverbial. Whoever tested this game before release shouldn't be in the industry.

Yesterday I got a corrupted save but luckily backed it up the day before and that's only because of reading posts on here, thank you. Having to level the cars up online, sell them repeatedly is a grind. 

Whoever coded the A.I, doesn't play racing games it seems, being aggressively competitive is well done, the 'on-rails smash everything in it's path' is lazy programming, period.

It's a shame because certain elements of this game are excellent, one of the best and that is a high compliment as I've played many over the decades. After patching, hopefully it will be an enjoyable game again.

It's when other game companies start rolling out their racers, Codies will have to be at the top of their game. What I've heard online and read here, has enraged some of the fan base.

Agreed on all points. It's a good game and could have been one of the greatest if Codies had not implemented stupid restrictions and balanced the game well. Garage slots and booster pack are fueled by greed, plain and simple.

The company has been on a downward spiral since the Toca series.  I keep buying into it cause I like racing games, but each and every game codemasters puts out they just make me more leery. 

jon43 said:

Grid Autosport, a way of an apology for Grid 2

Nope, not really. With all the issues and DLC greediness I don't see it that way anymore. Grid Autosport is really the result of the community pushing for changes. It's Grid 2.5. It's some of the good that was Race Driver Grid, filtered through some of the bad that was Grid 2, with a couple of updates here and there. Other than that, Codemasters' development philosophy and marketing strategy has remained unchanged, hence the history repeating with save game corruptions, patches and fixes delays and DLC exploitation. Grid Autosport isn't an excuse, it never was. It's a desperate attempt from Codemasters to save some of their fan base and a logical follow up to Grid 2: a game that was dead online within 6 months of its launch. And for that it's bound to fail in the same miserable way as its predecessor.

thats what happens when the orginial TOCA devs are no longer at codies. the latest grid 2 and grid autosport are coded by young folk i can almost guarantee it.. folk who never had experience with TOCA or even played it.. lately CM have become a joke.

NhraRacer said:

Sure it has it's bugs, but i am having a great time with it! Lighten up a bit guys. :)

I'll lighten up when I'm able to resume my career, because I'm two seasons away from being level 9 in everything and I am not starting over ¬_¬

NhraRacer said:

Sure it has it's bugs, but i am having a great time with it! Lighten up a bit guys. :)

I'll lighten up when I'm able to resume my career, because I'm two seasons away from being level 9 in everything and I am not starting over ¬_¬

That would suck.

I agree, it's an excellent game when you can play it, like i said, it's one of the best, they just need to sort it out.

When Project cars and some other top racing games come out, they will definitely need to improve their quality testing and programming. I really want Codies to get back to their former glory in that respect.

NhraRacer said:
NhraRacer said:

Are you on pc? That would suck.

jon43 said:

I agree, it's an excellent game when you can play it, like i said, it's one of the best, they just need to sort it out.

When Project cars and some other top racing games come out, they will definitely need to improve their quality testing and programming. I really want Codies to get back to their former glory in that respect because they are nearly back on the right path.

I have project cars. It's a different type of game so i don't believe they would hurt sales either way. Project cars is way more on the simulation side than grid autosports. I like all sorts of racing games so i will continue to buy them all. I'm just like that. lol      

Oh cool, have you got a beta version of Project Cars or ?.....

Yeah as long as Codies keep striving towards the style of the old TOCA games or keep improving GA,  they are heading in the right direction :)

jon43 said:

Oh cool, have you got a beta version of Project Cars or ?.....

Yeah as long as Codies keep striving towards the style of the old TOCA games or keep improving GA,  they are heading in the right direction :)

Ya i got a tool kit early on. Everyone will be VERY pleased with Project Cars! Very exciting title!  :)

NhraRacer said:
NhraRacer said:
NhraRacer said:

Are you on pc? That would suck.

jon43 said:

When Project cars and some other top racing games come out, they will definitely need to improve their quality testing and programming. I really want Codies to get back to their former glory in that respect because they are nearly back on the right path.

I have project cars. It's a different type of game so i don't believe they would hurt sales either way. Project cars is way more on the simulation side than grid autosports. I like all sorts of racing games so i will continue to buy them all. I'm just like that. lol      

Actually Kazzy's on Xbox I think. The PC version has already received  the fix for the corrupt saves it's the console users that are still waiting for it.

Codies have the F1 license and that's a licence to print money, for now. But if Project Cars and Assetto Corsa both turn out well then I agree CM are going to have to up their game to stay competitive.

jon43 said:

Whoever coded the A.I, doesn't play racing games it seems, being aggressively competitive is well done, the 'on-rails smash everything in it's path' is lazy programming, period.

Those nabs at Birmingham Studios. Already in use since F12012-'13.  Racing Studios guys just copy/pasted that AI code into their GAS game. We couldn't have been any more unlucky when It comes to this, certainly.

You can take for granted this laughably blind and on rails (and of course cheating) AI will make It again for f12014. We could see It being used even in F12015 for next gen lol.  Believe

All AI is bad in console racing games.  I mean really...have you ever come across a good racing AI on console?  After I realized this fact, I have much lower expectations and it saves me a lot of whining when I get rammed from behind. 

If you want to see bad AI, try racing offline in Gran Turismo for a while.  The AI in that game should just be called obstacles for you to navigate around.

F1 2013 at least has AI that is somewhat aware of you.  They will occasionally move out of your way if your the faster car.  If a corner is coming though, they'll swerve back over in front of you!  I've learned what to expect from them and deal with them appropriately

Forza 4 AI on event list (not the season mode) has some pretty acceptable AI  Forza's4 AI on season mode is the worst ever of course, but on individual events is pretty good actually.

Forza3 AI was even better If I recall well

OGFedfan said:

All AI is bad in console racing games.  I mean really...have you ever come across a good racing AI on console?  After I realized this fact, I have much lower expectations and it saves me a lot of whining when I get rammed from behind. 

If you want to see bad AI, try racing offline in Gran Turismo for a while.  The AI in that game should just be called obstacles for you to navigate around.

F1 2013 at least has AI that is somewhat aware of you.  They will occasionally move out of your way if your the faster car.  If a corner is coming though, they'll swerve back over in front of you!  I've learned what to expect from them and deal with them appropriately

I have seen great A.I. in a few games 2 that come to mind are World of Outlaws 2002 on the ps2 and Saturday Night Speedway. I do not know how this was done 10+ years ago but imo it was done well. The A.I. in those games had Actual Intelligence but only when racing. If they crashed or left the track then all bets were off. At least there was cautions to tighten things back up. These guys will hold lines, not block, & attempt to miss you if you spin out! They are also not on rails.

I will say it again, if you think the A.I. is bad on GAS. Do not I repeat, do not play Nascar 14 the A.I. in this game look like the best A.I. ever. Those are out of control, bricks on the deepest set of rails ever.

I also race high and low magnetic force slot cars. These guy's are worse than the highest magnet cars I have ever seen. When I say these cars are "dug in" I mean it is a small wonder the track does not come up with them. 

So as far as A.I. in racing games that have been released this year. GAS wins hands down. Not saying much, but hey it's something I guess.

I really don't ask much of the AI.  Just some space awareness.  F1 2013 AI is adequate as they will move over if you are the faster car, but you have to watch out if you are near a corner as they'll swerve into you also.  I've played it enough to know what to expect from the AI in that game and take precautions.

@Frostbitten-Thanks for the warning on Nascar 14.  I've been wanting a good Nascar game since I played Papyrus's Nascar back in the 90s and it was a blast.  Looks like Nascar 14 is one to pass up.  I guess its GT5 for my nascar needs right now.

F12013 and GAS share same exact AI, in case you didn't know

@hola - They may be similar, but not exactly the same.  You have to expect some similarities due to the same developer.  I know for a fact that rubber banding occurs in GAS, especially in touring which is why they stay in a pack the whole time.  Doesn't happen in F1 2013.  Also, I don't get rammed in the back 90% of the time on the first corner of every race like in GAS.  So no, not exactly the same. 

The only problem I have with the AI is that unless you're exactly 50% alongside them at a corner they act like you aren't there.

Plenty of times on Abu Dhabi I've had them fly into me around the last corner and smash my car into the wall because I was next to them, but then when I was behind or ahead of them in other laps they would keep a car's width from the same wall. Funny. They show they can give room when nobody's there but crush me in the grandstands when they know I'll get out of the corner faster...

It's okay though, I just do it back to them in the next lap and usually end up making them come last. :) Also, turning rubber-banding off makes them noticeably less aggressive, especially under braking. They're just absolutely rubbish without it on though.

OGFedfan said:

@hola -  I know for a fact that rubber banding occurs in GAS, especially in touring which is why they stay in a pack the whole time.  Doesn't happen in F1 2013.  Also, I don't get rammed in the back 90% of the time on the first corner of every race like in GAS.  

You can't be serious

hola said:
OGFedfan said:

@hola -  I know for a fact that rubber banding occurs in GAS, especially in touring which is why they stay in a pack the whole time.  Doesn't happen in F1 2013.  Also, I don't get rammed in the back 90% of the time on the first corner of every race like in GAS.  

You can't be serious

I can easily prove the rubberbanding exists. The AI are terrible without it - and the Oakley Cruzes keep coming 5th/6th with it off lol.

I was referring to the part he talks F12013. Of course there's rubber banding on GAS, and so is on F12012'13 as they share the same exact retarded AI