Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T500RS/T150 or G29

Hello All,

Its been a while since i have played this game, so I recently bought the 2016. But this black Friday planning to get me a set of racing wheels. I was looking at Thrustmaster T150 or T500RS or tje Logitech G29. Steering, Pedal set and gear lever as well. I was reading about them, can you suggest the best one to get? I know this might have been asked 100s of times. But just wanted some more info on it. And is it ok, to mix and match? I heard the Thrustmaster pedal set (i think its called the T3PA add on) is not very good compared to the Logitech one.

I've had the T150 and its a ok wheel with a very basic hardware package. after 9 month I returned it due to a spring snapping on one of the pedals. I returned it and got my money back as, Currys no longer stock this wheel. You get a 1 year warranty with it. 

I currently own the g29 and its very smooth when on a driving game. Only problem I can say with this is after 11 days I took it back due to the gear down button starting to become unresponsive. Good thing with this wheel is you get a 2 year warranty, so I took it back and I got it replaced. 

After my experiance I would stay clear of the T150, unless you just want the very basic of wheels. 

I've got the T150 w/ T3PA pedals,and the T300 w/ f1 wheel and the T3PA pro pedals. Get the T300, and the pro pedals. You won't be disappointed, and you'll never look back. The motors in the 300 are much stronger, the pro pedals are all metal construction, and very strong. The f1 wheel is killer too, especially for this game, but not necessary. Just adds to the cool factor. 

I've had a few issues with my G29. The dodgy upshift paddle really costs me in league races and in terms of lap time. Wheel is very loud and clunky and the force feedback delivery isn't very smooth. Go with Thrustmaster t300, probably your best bet.

If i do get the T300RS Alacantara version, it already includes the T3PA pedal set. And TH8A shifter. Good choice?
Very good choice. The Alcantara wheel feels amazing. It really has that real racing wheel feel to it. The TH8A can be a later buy if you plan on playing some GT/Rally style games. And you can also change the wheel for the F1 replica if you want.

go with the thrustmaster, just so you can get the f1 rim addon...its more immersive and fun. i cant stop playing f1 2016 because of it and only drive formula cars/lmp in project cars because of this rim:)

I had the T300 and sold it as I didn't use it, but when I got F1 2016 I got the G29 and it's a better wheel, but that's just my opinion 

Recently got a T300, there was a minor problem (wheel had to be set to PS3 when being used on PS4, but their support was pretty good and fixed it very fast).

I really like the wheel but the default pedals that come with it are pretty bad to be honest (I knew this in advance).

Will upgrade the pedals and buy the shifter in a couple of months.

Man, I've been looking at the prices on some of these steering wheels cause I'm interested in the thrustmaster t300rs with the ferrari f1 add on and there's only word to describe it : OUTRAGEOUS! I mean, c'mon Thrustmaster, seriously? Expecting people to pay about $800 for your products is just ludicrous.

T3PA pedals are good, the T3PA Pro pedals are amazing. 
Are they worth the extra money?
If you have the standard 2 pedals, definitely. If you have the 3 pedals, it's up to you. Then you can prioritize getting the F1 wheel, the shifter, ...