Jump to content Jump to content

ABS ruining the immersion.

MrDeap said:

What I would like to see is the game ABS being less effective. Too much players drive with ABS & the real sport don't use ABS. Kind of ruin the immersion especially when you want to be competitive online.

SIMPLE  fix if  your the custom race lobby host just go into race settings and ban abs JOB DONE ...

oeicoeic said:

MrDeap said:

What I would like to see is the game ABS being less effective. Too much players drive with ABS & the real sport don't use ABS. Kind of ruin the immersion especially when you want to be competitive online.

SIMPLE  fix if  your the custom race lobby host just go into race settings and ban abs JOB DONE ...

I'm sure he can find no assist leagues as well.

casual gamers who use control pads will almost certainly use abs so i dont think codies will remove it, if they were they would be as well removing every assist turn it into a full on simulator,,,then lose the license due to minimal sales. the fact they give you the option to turn it on or off should suffice!

MrDeap said:

Most can play without Traction Control, thus they definitely can play without ABS too.

I'm just sharing that ABS is too good & should give a small edge for those who don't use it & are totally in the immersion.

What exactly is your idea of most? Do you have proof that's the case? Did you send out a poll to every person who's ever played an F1 game? Please enlighten me. 

EdMa said:
MrDeap said:

Most can play without Traction Control, thus they definitely can play without ABS too.

I'm just sharing that ABS is too good & should give a small edge for those who don't use it & are totally in the immersion.

What exactly is your idea of most? Do you have proof that's the case? Did you send out a poll to every person who's ever played an F1 game? Please enlighten me. 

It's easy, those who are on top of the leaderboard have everything off except ABS. Users would do everything to get the best setting to promote the best performance.

Real enthusiast should be on top of the leaderboard, not the ABS users.

indeed assists users should not be able to appear on leaderboards, 'till they decide to try full assists off. It isn't that difficult to go assist off in this game by the way, compared to other tittles like forza, so I guess they are all scrubs and that's all. One reason more to not allow them to score high on leaderboards

I would agree with the creator of this thread that ABS seems to be the dividing line between assists & no assists these days, ever since F1 2012 was introduced in fact. I tried it once (with ABS) and found that I couldn't brake better but I could use High Pressure, Large anywhere. Also, in heavy rain, ABS is a massive advantage, so much so it needs addressing. Try the tunnel exit at Monaco in heavy rain/no ABS and you'll see what I mean.

people on this forum tak so much rubbish.

• if you have abs,tc,auto gears and racing line on you will be slower than if you turned assists off so op don't complain that other people are running abs you should be quicker than them.
  • on f1 2013 abs and tc off are really easy. f1 2012 abs was really hard, manul gears is easy after a few races.
  • the only assist that might ruin the immersion is racing line as it is the most difficult to learn and when you see some of the people at the top of the with the assists icon means more than likely that they have only racing line turned on(e.g ice cold andy on xbox he uses racing line). i run no assists, its the best thing you can do on f1.

TRLKarthikeyan said:

people on this forum tak so much rubbish.

• if you have abs,tc,auto gears and racing line on you will be slower than if you turned assists off so op don't complain that other people are running abs you should be quicker than them.
  • on f1 2013 abs and tc off are really easy. f1 2012 abs was really hard, manul gears is easy after a few races.
  • the only assist that might ruin the immersion is racing line as it is the most difficult to learn and when you see some of the people at the top of the with the assists icon means more than likely that they have only racing line turned on(e.g ice cold andy on xbox he uses racing line). i run no assists, its the best thing you can do on f1.

lots of laughs

Don't dictate how players should play the game, if you don't like ABS don't use it, if you don't like racing against people using it don't race against them.

I'm not dictating anyone, I'm just stating they all can drive without ABS. The only reason why they use ABS is not because it is easier, but it is in fact faster to use it. The most common sense would be a force ABS on instead of seeing force no aids.

I can handle both pad or wheel & I have no problem with the sensitivity. Real F1 have no aids & making ABS faster just make no sense in the love of the sport.