Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 - BLACK SCREEN MID SESSION SAVE GLITCH

So, its happened again. I do a mid session save, in a race, when I go to re-enter, I get a black screen. I can hear the sounds of the buttons if I press them, but they don't actually do anything. It's supposed to load on a replay of the end of what I last did, but it hasn't. Half way through my second season with McLaren and was winning the championship before this happened. So this means two out of three career modes I have done have ended in this way, is there a fix?

P.S. I am on PS4 and this is version 1.7.0 of the game.

Hi LukeMontgomery, I'm sorry to hear that you've hit this problem once let alone twice.

Please can you send me your save game? You should be able to copy it on to a USB drive and then put that in your PC, zip the files and send them to me via a private message. If you need any help with this let me know.

The solution to the problem is to delete the mid session save via the PS4 dashboard. Please only do that once you've taken a backup though because I'd really like to look in to this problem but without a save to reproduce it from I'm stuck.

Ok I've copied it onto the USB and am about to send it, how do I delete it from the dashboard? Also, if I do delete, how far back into the career mode will I go?

When you delete a mid session save you'll go back to the start of that session.

Make sure you've got a backup before you do this! To delete it go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Delete -> F1 2016. You'll see files that say Mid-Session Save. Delete those only!

Hi, just wanting to make you aware I have exactly the same problem.  Got to round 16 Malaysia in career mode.  trying to load a save, get black screen with the faint sound of cars. I will attempt to delete the mid session save.