Sign in to follow this  

PS4 outselling the Xbox One 3-to-1 as total sales gap grows to 9 million vs. 5 million ...

The Xbox controllers are the right size for a mans hand. Not like those DS3's that only young women find comfortable ;)

I am a tiny 5 foot 5 Asian boy and I am greatly offended by your statement.  ;)

The Xbox controllers are the right size for a mans hand. Not like those DS3's that only young women find comfortable ;)

I found it comfortable 3 years ago, but not so much now, it isn't to bad but it is no where near as good as the DS4.

Ok so anyone got any opinions on which will be best for driving games ?

As I see it codemasters games, project cars will be on both consoles. So that brings it down to a straight fight between :smile: 

Driveclub and GT series vs. Forza and Forza Horizon.

GT is OK, but not my preference. I have no Xbox 360, so I have never tried forza. A lot of people complain about forza 5. Myabe this is due to the microtransactions rather than the game itself.

People seem to have a lot of goof things to say about forza horizon. So maybe forza horizon 2 /driveclub will be my decision point.

dirt3joe said:

As I see it codemasters games, project cars will be on both consoles. So that brings it down to a straight fight between :smile: 

GT is OK, but not my preference. I have no Xbox 360, so I have never tried forza. A lot of people complain about forza 5. Myabe this is due to the microtransactions rather than the game itself.

People seem to have a lot of goof things to say about forza horizon. So maybe forza horizon 2 /driveclub will be my decision point.

Microtransactions? There is none in Forza 5... There's car packs which are DLC, but you don't actually need them to progress faster or anything. It won't change your gameplay experience if you don't buy any DLC for it. Otherwise, the game is really really good. Forza 4 was probably better, but for a launch title Forza 5 is a great game and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. And comparing it to GT, GT may have a lot more cars, but Forza has gone for the 'quality over quantity' route, and in my opinion it's working very well for them.

dirt3joe said:

Microtransactions? There is none in Forza 5... There's car packs which are DLC, but you don't actually need them to progress faster or anything. It won't change your gameplay experience if you don't buy any DLC for it. Otherwise, the game is really really good. Forza 4 was probably better, but for a launch title Forza 5 is a great game and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. And comparing it to GT, GT may have a lot more cars, but Forza has gone for the 'quality over quantity' route, and in my opinion it's working very well for them.
I agree I'd never played Forza before Forza 5 on the XB1 as I've never had an X box until now amd I've found it extremely good fun with AI that's at my level as well which is something I can't always say with racing games. Never played Gran Tourismo though so can't comment on that but then the only racing games I've got for the PS3 are both F1 games F1 CE and CM's F1 2010.

dirt3joe said:

Having owned GT5 , GT6 and Forza 4 , I can say that theForza series is be far my favourite of the 2. Better physics , better sense of speed and you apply your own liveries.....

I still want a PS4 for The Last Of Us Remastered though because I haven't played it on the PS3. Other than I think I should go for the XB1.

dirt3joe said:

Actually there are bud, you can buy coins or whatever it's called to level up faster or gain more money for winning and was bad so people say when it first came out. Apparently you got f all money for races, but T10 listened and changed how it was. 

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:

Actually there are bud, you can buy coins or whatever it's called to level up faster or gain more money for winning and was bad so people say when it first came out. Apparently you got f all money for races, but T10 listened and changed how it was. 
Tokens I think they're called I'm just surprised they don't link that to the XP system so they build up just like you do as you do more races. Kind of like CM's erp system or like an RPG type system like what's used in games like ME

Ooooh yea, I remember the tokens now :p Tbh, they came up on screen for me once, I pressed to see what it was, decided I'd make do without and it's never come up again since :) So I guess they are there, but they're very unobtrusive.

dirt3joe said:

Having owned GT5 , GT6 and Forza 4 , I can say that theForza series is be far my favourite of the 2. Better physics , better sense of speed and you apply your own liveries.....

I still want a PS4 for The Last Of Us Remastered though because I haven't played it on the PS3. Other than I think I should go for the XB1.
Interesting. Maybe I'm a bit lightweight, but I much prefer the Grid Autosport/F2013/Dirt 3 physics to GT6 handling. I play on the controller. One thing that worries me about project cars is that it may be so sim like its imporssible with a controller. I wouldn't want that. Do you think forza is closer to handling like dirt 3 or GT6 ?

Looking at prices for Xbox 360, I could probably get a 360 plus Forza 4 and Forza Horizon for under 200 quid, which stacks up pretty well against next gen plus 2x driving games. I see amazon are doing ps4 and driveclub for 380.

To be honest, I couldn't say Forza has physics like any of the games you mentioned :p It kinda does it's own thing, and while it is kinda sim, it's also arcade enough to be fun. But if I had to answer your question, I'd put it in the middle of both, some GT6, but some Dirt 3 too. But again, it's not really like either :pensive: 

Forza on a controller is fine though, I play it with one and I've always been plenty fast on it. Just look at mine and Hughesy's laps in the F1 car in the game thread, we're both using a controller :)

And Project Cars will be able to tune the handling to a fashion you like. Forza has something similar too, where you can have an easier setting, or harder setting just for the physics alone.

Thanks. Thing about GT6 I don't like is the tyre squeal, which seems to be there all the time at every corner for me.  Maybe this is realistic when you throw a road car round a track, but I don't like it.

I guess dirt 3 is less of a comparison for Forza, as its supposed to be a different surface. I find the Grid autosport handling very good in general compared to GT6 if we are talking about track rather than dirt.

I guess I probably need to spend more time messing around in the GT6 menus, as everything else seems configurable.

To be honest, I couldn't say Forza has physics like any of the games you mentioned :p It kinda does it's own thing, and while it is kinda sim, it's also arcade enough to be fun. But if I had to answer your question, I'd put it in the middle of both, some GT6, but some Dirt 3 too. But again, it's not really like either :pensive: 

Forza on a controller is fine though, I play it with one and I've always been plenty fast on it. Just look at mine and Hughesy's laps in the F1 car in the game thread, we're both using a controller :)

And Project Cars will be able to tune the handling to a fashion you like. Forza has something similar too, where you can have an easier setting, or harder setting just for the physics alone.
I'm probably still going to get a wheel though, I can't help myself haha. I want to get it before Forza Horizon 2 comes out if possible.

@Hughesy A wheel for the Xbox doesn't bother me to much :p I'll probably get Project Cars on PC too eventually so I'll race it with your old G27 ;)

@dirt3joe Same on the tyre squeal! Always one of my hated things about GT :p

Can't wait until that gets released as at the moment I'm a lone wolf, as I've been part of Pcars since the beginning. I don't post on the forum for it anymore though as there's a lot of A holes who always shoot you down. The amount of tracks in Pcars is awesome.

Ooooh yea, I remember the tokens now :p Tbh, they came up on screen for me once, I pressed to see what it was, decided I'd make do without and it's never come up again since :) So I guess they are there, but they're very unobtrusive.
Yeah I clicked on it once too helped boost my xp quite a bit but tbh I don't think it's worth ploughing money into for a booster I'd rather play without them than spend actual money doing that. Even if it does mean I have to do certain challenges again for extra credits you can still progress without them I think it just takes longer.

dirt3joe said:
Thanks. Thing about GT6 I don't like is the tyre squeal, which seems to be there all the time at every corner for me.  Maybe this is realistic when you throw a road car round a track, but I don't like it.

I guess dirt 3 is less of a comparison for Forza, as its supposed to be a different surface. I find the Grid autosport handling very good in general compared to GT6 if we are talking about track rather than dirt.

I guess I probably need to spend more time messing around in the GT6 menus, as everything else seems configurable.
If you like Autosport then I think you'll like Forza 5 as it plays in a very similar fashion I think. Took me a couple of races to get used to the controls as I'm used to playing on keyboard for PC but after I adjusted I got better

dirt3joe said:

Isn't DLC another word for Microtransactions?

No, microtransactions are small things. EG In CoD, you can buy weapon skins. I expect in a racing game, you can buy in game money (GT6) or buy upgrades for cars or something

dirt3joe said:

No, DLC to me is something game extending, like new cars and circuits, or a new single player mission, something along those lines. Microtransactions tend to be something along the lines of "pay a bit of cash and get access to highers levels/better weapons/stuff that's already in the game faster". You don't really get anything for the money you pay, but with DLC you actually get something that's adds to the game.

dirt3joe said:

No, DLC to me is something game extending, like new cars and circuits, or a new single player mission, something along those lines. Microtransactions tend to be something along the lines of "pay a bit of cash and get access to highers levels/better weapons/stuff that's already in the game faster". You don't really get anything for the money you pay, but with DLC you actually get something that's adds to the game.
Yeah I agree that's how I see DLC as well

I agree I'd never played Forza before Forza 5 on the XB1 as I've never had an X box until now amd I've found it extremely good fun with AI that's at my level as well which is something I can't always say with racing games. Never played Gran Tourismo though so can't comment on that but then the only racing games I've got for the PS3 are both F1 games F1 CE and CM's F1 2010.

Forza 5 might appeal to some gamers who never played any prior Forza games, but to many (if not most) long-time fans of the series, Forza 5 seemed to take many steps backwards from the installments that preceded it. The official Forza forums were flooded with dissatisfied fans when they saw what had become of the once-great series. There's been an enormous exodus of fans, and the Forza community has seen a rapid decline in activity & interest compared to how long the community remained active in prior installments.

Operator1 said:

Forza 5 might appeal to some gamers who never played any prior Forza games, but to many (if not most) long-time fans of the series, Forza 5 seemed to take many steps backwards from the installments that preceded it. The official Forza forums were flooded with dissatisfied fans when they saw what had become of the once-great series. There's been an enormous exodus of fans, and the Forza community has seen a rapid decline in activity & interest compared to how long the community remained active in prior installments.

Well I never played any of the earlier ones so can't comment on that I got Forza as one of the first games for my new system along with Fifa 14