Sign in to follow this  

Dear Complainers and CM

Maybe stop getting scattered by releasing games for multiple platforms and focus on PC-only market instead? ;-)

LMFAO - That would see an increase in funds for CM wouldnt it.  

PC gaming - Isn't that where the cheats play? 

@ThierryNeuville I hope you ask permission the real one to use his name lile that. As a Belgian I'm little upset you're using his name like that. Especially I doubt he would agree with what your putting down on this forum. Isn't Martijn good enough for you?

@berre Its clearly that I do not pretend to be Thierry, or do say bad things.
Everything what i write over here is my personal opinion, not Thierry's...

When I created this forum account ( 2 years ago or so) I choose this name because Thierry is one of my big idols, so I use this name with proud!
When the forum get back online and I logged in i couldn't rename this account.
But i will ask if they can change it,.. if it really is a pain in the ass for you.

@Photonik‌ 

Seriously though, if you are ever near by, do give me a shout :)

Racing on PC is alive and kicking if you ask me, it gives you the ability to build a full on simulator in your own home, steering wheels, triple screens, 3D, hydraulic seats, gauges etc etc the full immersion which is what hardcore PC racers like to do, they have always done it this way before consoles became popular and they will continue to do so.

The PC is much more versatile to do these things and also has the power to do it, most people build their rigs to last the test of time and will upgrade along the way, consoles simply can't compete with this, as said they are outdated as soon as they are released as tech moves so fast.

I for one care more about the core game being good than what platform it is on, if the core game is good it will live on (TOCA,GRID) and become a cult classic, in my opinion apart from the bugs which will get ironed out the game is actually very good and the addition of extra texture packs and add ons that the PC can utilise is a breath of fresh air instead of all the previous ports from consoles crippling the PC power (COD).

I don't have an issue with consoles ports as long as they do not hold the PC back which is what has been happening in the last few years of last gen gaming, I mean how old are they now?? I recently upgraded my PC and built a mid range one that will blow next gen consoles out of the water for less than £300 and I get to use those lovely extra textures on ultra!!

I hope devs continue to make games for consoles and also that they add extra things for the PC brigade, I for one would be willing to pay the same price for a PC game as an XBOX/PS game if they continue to do this kind of thing as PC games are quite a bit cheaper than console games at the moment.

I am very happy with this game and that Codemasters have returned to their racing roots, I know consoles have had a rough time of it lately but to be honest the PC side of things is going well and can only get better.

Good job CM keep it up.

P.S Gimme my mirror lol

MTonly said:
Loore said:
How many times have you found yourself saying "I wish I could have weather in Autosport", the reason we can't is down to technical limits with the engine.
@Loore
DiRT and F1 series' games by Codies have weather (e.g. snow, rain), so the EGO engine is already capable of weather. Isn't it?
Loore said:
We are working hard to get console patches out.
Maybe stop getting scattered by releasing games for multiple platforms and focus on PC-only market instead? ;-)

Ya because the pc market is what keeps codemasters going are you serious here ?

You know there's a outrageous licensing fee for console while on PC,  I don't think there is... That's why PC games is sold at lower price than the console version despite it look crap on console.

The EGO engine is fine, the problem come down to the power limit of the system. They can always go all out in graphic, but it might not be powerful enough to run it.

When it come for graphic, I'm very impressed how CM manage to balance it.

In my opinion as a long time gamer is CM should not upgrade the graphic too much except for the texture size & mostly target the framerate at 60fps for the PS4 & XBOX One. Ridge Racer is missing & there's a market there.

We'll support all major platforms, don't worry about that, maybe others as well depending on the game, platform etc

Lets not turn this into a PC vs Console debate, both are great :)

dancan said:

If you're terribly disappointed then stop supporting CM. If you firmly believe your getting shafted then why would you support them? Granted they have given you some resolve but the reality is that it'll never be perfect because the expectations of users is so broad they can't allocate enough resources to include everything so just suck it up and play or don't.

Just put yourself in their shoes and think about the following situation:

We need more money.

It'll cost more $$ for next-gen development so we'll just use the existing code.

Tweak it just enough to justify a release.

Hopefully we'll make enough on this release to fund the next. At least some parts are transferable to next gen, hopefully the good parts.

Proper testing cost $. Might as well skip it.

We'll need more $ down the road. DLC anyone?

----

I feel most gamers don't do their due diligence when buying games and end up complaining on def ears. Those who are chronic complainers show persistence and for that I acknowledge your dedication if that's what you want to call it. But for those who want to take action, simply use your wallet and if your that lucky kid that doesn't have to use your own wallet then this still applies.

Here's what I've learned from the past years of buying games and being happy with the decision:

Don't believe the hype. That goes for reviews, commercials and the Internet posts most likely paid to the writer by the developer. The only exception is independent game developers because they take their time with their games, treat them like their own children and cost relatively low (sometimes free) because they just want people to play it and hopefully love it.

Always look into what developer and publisher are involved. A company's history is a good starting place and where they are headed is just as important.

Never buy on the first day of release. Show some patience and wait it out and see what rises to the top (mainly complaints). CM Forums is still in BETA! Does that not tell you something?

Be very critical of franchises. I rather wait 5 years for a great game than 1 year for a game that only improves a bit from the previous one. Taking risks is necessary in any business and I appreciate CM for doing so (Grid 2) but I was pretty shocked that they just didn't code for the next-gen systems and take their time with it.

Most multiplatform games can do only one mode (single or online) well. I rarely played a game that are praised for both equally so be realistic with your expectations and don't think your entitled to anything once you buy the game.

----

The culture of gaming has come a long way in my case since the floppy disk so I'm glad to see that gamers are more involved now than ever because the tools to be an active educated gamer/consumer are available. Props to the complainers that make developers and liasions like Loore workload that much more fun. I honestly think they look at some of these posts and say

"We'll we're already working on that.."

"What is this person talking about, they're soo stupid HAHA, Loore come look at this."

"They have no idea what they're talking about.."

"We'll if it's that easy then take my job, please..with extra cherries on top"

"I'm bookmarking this user. It's just so ridiculous and funny. I can't believe people like this" 

"Haha I know..what's their name? I'll save them too. Should get a laugh at the bar. When is everyone meeting?"

"Are we putting this in the next update?"

"If we have time but most likely not, might as well keep the thread going. Where did I put my phone, Have you seen it?!?"

Brilliant effort so far CM but remember try not to take your audience for granted too many times.

Complaints are good. Because they show people care.

If the game was rubbish no one would complain. They would just bin it. End of. And never buy another. The problem is not people complaining - it's when they stop that you've got real problems.

People complain because they see great potential that can't be achieved because of some frustrating bugs. GA IMO is a good game, but the save corruptions wreck it.

Patches take what time they take, and generally can't be rushed. In many cases by rushing you can introduce new problems that make the whole situation worse if not tested properly.

Rather than focusing enitrely on the speed of the patch, we should be interested as well in what CM are doing to improve their QA in general so that the issues don't reoccur on future games. What they are doing to improve the situation here is not obvious.

Everyone needs to stop moaning. This is by far the most enjoyable racing game I have ever played.
The simcade balance is spot on, handling is great. The car choice is good and everyone is pretty even on track. No car is OP in any class. As for garage space and repairs and money and leveling up goes I think that is almost spot on. I like that it takes time to earn the right to buy new cars. It can get frustrating sometimes but how quick was it on G2 to reach level 30 and own everything and have 20mil spare. The game is still new give yourself some time and have patience. The only issue is the game saves, but that will be patched soon. Then we get a patch for more interesting playlist options- even better still. 
GET OVER YOURSELVES

Garage space isn't spot on in the least. I'm sitting on two million dollars that I can't do anything with because I'm 2 levels away from another garage spot. At level 148, level ups aren't easy to get to. I shouldn't have to wait for a level milestone to buy a car. I can only imagine how painful it's going to be getting to 250.

Yeah you may be right on that one, i got to level 120 before corruption and it was getting increasingly hard to level up. I'm just sick of all the moaning people do

TUSMBOX said:
Garage space isn't spot on in the least. I'm sitting on two million dollars that I can't do anything with because I'm 2 levels away from another garage spot. At level 148, level ups aren't easy to get to. I shouldn't have to wait for a level milestone to buy a car. I can only imagine how painful it's going to be getting to 250.

I got to where you are before mine corrupted. Be very careful . I would sell all your cars and use loaners . If u notice pricetags getting hi on your car's that a dead give away for corruption. I noticed my lvl 24 charger r/t at 770k , I was gonna sell everything the following day and when I powered up yesterday my shit was corrupted. I should have sold everything that night but I guess I love playing fire . 

Saves are CRUCIAL, is not the way to proceed with a game in 2014 but because of the situation and everything posted here about avoiding the corrupt data is a suicide not save, in 3 places, everytime the game is played.

Save at least once in a day and you only lose the advance in that day in the worst case. I managed more than 20 file corrupted file saves, exploit the garage, forces the corrupt issue and no problem with the corrupted data except that is not posible to have an upgrades car except the Golf and the Mercedes B. ED. wich are part of the game since the beggining.(and some other cars that are "random-rely" each others and acts like a boost price or a fix price; and NEVER use a second hand car, the 0$ issue).

So sorry but i think there´s a lot of info around that, even if CM doesn´t want to advice with it for obvious reasons, here at the forum many people helps and advices with tips and many other things to avoid it.

There´s two options:

1º Play the game as it is and how it should be and stop when corrupted data happens and wait for a patch.

2º Sort yourself out.

Salute.

P.s. Personally i have not too much interest in when the patch arrives in consoles; in the best case i´ll wait two weeks or so to see what happens or divide the game in pre-patch and post-patched, if the online is not restricted to install the patch).

To whom it may concern.  The current Caterham Party Challenge (week of 8/4/2014) is terrible.  I've come to accept a lot of bump & grind in these but to not even be able to achieve a bronze medal after literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of mindless restarts (I kid you not) and the inability post a time that will at least get me some stupid credits.  I don't expect to do Platinum or even Gold in my attempts.  But this challenge has really ticked me off to the point of the game not being what it's supposed to be, fun.  I understand there is a fine line in trying to put these challenges together.  But the folks who came up with this one should be (deleted for fear of being arrested by the local authorities). I'll settle for horsewhipped.

I got a silver on my 4th try, and I did this by turning stability control on.  This will keep you from spinning when they slam you..................and they will.  Go try it.

oldmodelt said:
The current Caterham Party Challenge (week of 8/4/2014) is terrible. 

I started it 3 or 4 times - never finished the first lap.

It is a disgrace - I might finally decide to forget about the racenet challenges. I play for fun, not to get frustrated.

Everyone needs to stop moaning. This is by far the most enjoyable racing game I have ever played.
The simcade balance is spot on, handling is great. The car choice is good and everyone is pretty even on track. No car is OP in any class. As for garage space and repairs and money and leveling up goes I think that is almost spot on. I like that it takes time to earn the right to buy new cars. It can get frustrating sometimes but how quick was it on G2 to reach level 30 and own everything and have 20mil spare. The game is still new give yourself some time and have patience. The only issue is the game saves, but that will be patched soon. Then we get a patch for more interesting playlist options- even better still. 
GET OVER YOURSELVES

I disagree, missing text chat on PC version for the second time ( no text chat in GRID 2 ) is a big issue for online racing!! Will PC version of GAS online be a ghost town by Christmas, like what happen with GRID 2? Codies got the online right with GRID 1 and online was strong for 3 years before the online PC servers got turned off. :(

Took me a month in G2 online to reach lvl 28 so I could finally buy a tier 4 car and quit using that crappy tier 4 loaner car. GGRRRRRRRR

oldmodelt said:

To whom it may concern.  The current Caterham Party Challenge (week of 8/4/2014) is terrible.  I've come to accept a lot of bump & grind in these but to not even be able to achieve a bronze medal after literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of mindless restarts (I kid you not) and the inability post a time that will at least get me some stupid credits.  I don't expect to do Platinum or even Gold in my attempts.  But this challenge has really ticked me off to the point of the game not being what it's supposed to be, fun.  I understand there is a fine line in trying to put these challenges together.  But the folks who came up with this one should be (deleted for fear of being arrested by the local authorities). I'll settle for horsewhipped.

Keep trying, i found it hard too at first. Follow the guys in last then move to inside on first turn, stay inside till the next turns that should put you in 4th or 5th then its not so bad. Practice being fast on the first turn. If you have bad luck with the AI back out of it and load it up again and the AI should be slightly different.        I had about 3 full races to get a time, each full attempt required about 3 restarts. My last full race got me 2:51.5 so i ended there, ranked 30-35 on ps3 at the mo. 

Apply the same to the party mode too where i got 46,991ft. Not boasting, the scores aren't the best anyway just showing u that i have actually done it and i'm not being a trolling git.

Also if u keep getting frustrated by crashing or whatever, leave it then try later or the next day with a fresh head. Quite often i do that then get it first time

Also if u keep getting frustrated by crashing or whatever, leave it then try later or the next day with a fresh head. Quite often i do that then get it first time

Thats true, I just dont do challenges after a beer because I know Ill be cr4p.

After reading the forums and the influx of new threads it seems quite clear most people are disappointed with CM last effort in terms of the Grid franchise. I'm hoping the next installment, IF it materializes under the CM name will be next gen and if so should be free of all the major bugs because of the sheer feedback on these forums and the chance to start fresh on a new platform, in terms of consoles. I can sympathizes with the dissatisfaction for gamers because of the time commitment needed to enjoy the game but to some truly enjoying the game means having a solid game in the first place. No one knowingly uses their hard earned $$ to buy a incomplete game, unless your a paid journalist, reviewer, or parent of a spoiled brat. I stopped playing GAS for a good 3 weeks until the patch was released and to be fair they did resolve the save issue but it was too late and I've never been a fan of DLC because it's a cash grab UNLESS it's warranted and actually adds value however under the pretense of releasing a broken game it's just not fair to gamers but some just crave DLC because they must have EVERYTHING. I simply look at the game at its core mechanics and GAS get a C ( 7/10 ) because when you factor in all the variables (past success, innovation, release dates, testing, competition, PR, etc) it was obvious, just look at my first post and how it was tactfully responded by the moderators. I don't need anymore convincing. I'll be keeping GAS and if CM wants a fan of quality gaming to keep buying their games they should release a quality product and stand by it. The first GRID is a classic and I'm not alone in this statement so please CM listen to your audience, the smart ones, heck you might want to take advantage of your fanboys and just trick them into alpha/beta testing your next release since it's the only logical choice until then I'll be observing your market position, checking these forums for sound threads and comedy relief, and waiting to play my friend's copy of  the new Halo, I mean Destiny :) lol.

dancan said:

If you're terribly disappointed then stop supporting CM. If you firmly believe your getting shafted then why would you support them? Granted they have given you some resolve but the reality is that it'll never be perfect because the expectations of users is so broad they can't allocate enough resources to include everything so just suck it up and play or don't.

Just put yourself in their shoes and think about the following situation:

We need more money.

It'll cost more $$ for next-gen development so we'll just use the existing code.

Tweak it just enough to justify a release.

Hopefully we'll make enough on this release to fund the next. At least some parts are transferable to next gen, hopefully the good parts.

Proper testing cost $. Might as well skip it.

We'll need more $ down the road. DLC anyone?

----

I feel most gamers don't do their due diligence when buying games and end up complaining on def ears. Those who are chronic complainers show persistence and for that I acknowledge your dedication if that's what you want to call it. But for those who want to take action, simply use your wallet and if your that lucky kid that doesn't have to use your own wallet then this still applies.

Here's what I've learned from the past years of buying games and being happy with the decision:

Don't believe the hype. That goes for reviews, commercials and the Internet posts most likely paid to the writer by the developer. The only exception is independent game developers because they take their time with their games, treat them like their own children and cost relatively low (sometimes free) because they just want people to play it and hopefully love it.

Always look into what developer and publisher are involved. A company's history is a good starting place and where they are headed is just as important.

Never buy on the first day of release. Show some patience and wait it out and see what rises to the top (mainly complaints). CM Forums is still in BETA! Does that not tell you something?

Be very critical of franchises. I rather wait 5 years for a great game than 1 year for a game that only improves a bit from the previous one. Taking risks is necessary in any business and I appreciate CM for doing so (Grid 2) but I was pretty shocked that they just didn't code for the next-gen systems and take their time with it.

Most multiplatform games can do only one mode (single or online) well. I rarely played a game that are praised for both equally so be realistic with your expectations and don't think your entitled to anything once you buy the game.

----

The culture of gaming has come a long way in my case since the floppy disk so I'm glad to see that gamers are more involved now than ever because the tools to be an active educated gamer/consumer are available. Props to the complainers that make developers and liasions like Loore workload that much more fun. I honestly think they look at some of these posts and say

"We'll we're already working on that.."

"What is this person talking about, they're soo stupid HAHA, Loore come look at this."

"They have no idea what they're talking about.."

"We'll if it's that easy then take my job, please..with extra cherries on top"

"I'm bookmarking this user. It's just so ridiculous and funny. I can't believe people like this" 

"Haha I know..what's their name? I'll save them too. Should get a laugh at the bar. When is everyone meeting?"

"Are we putting this in the next update?"

"If we have time but most likely not, might as well keep the thread going. Where did I put my phone, Have you seen it?!?"

Brilliant effort so far CM but remember try not to take your audience for granted too many times.

My 2 cents on all this:

The number one complaint about Race Driver games, Toca, Grid etc is that the AI is too aggressive, if Codemasters hasn't heard that by now they have their heads firmly in the sand, no one who buys a racing game wants a demolition derby.

If they do they can go here and get one for free: http://www.bgames.com/racing-games/demolition-derby/

I will go out on a limb here and say this without even having played Grid Autosport (I am playing Grid 1 & 2 at the moment).

"You will start from near the rear of the grid, there will be a huge pile up at the first tight turn, AI cars will be scattering like roaches when you turn a light on, if you slow down to hit the apex of the turn on the racing line, you will be rear ended by some out of control AI car, who will simply bounce off you and speed ahead with no penalty for damage, unlike you."

How about it Codemasters, why not  turn down the aggression of the AI cars?

You can do it I know you can, don't ignore the crowds shouting it from the roof tops, they are the ones paying the bills.