Sign in to follow this  

LED TV

I am thinking of buying a new Samsung led curve 49" tv and would like to know if I will have any issues with screen burn,I play an hour or so on f1 2016,I had an LG lcd about 5 years or so ago and had screen burn from playing f1 2011.
I have a Samsung 43" plasma at the moment which I have had for 3 years and had no issues,but not too sure on the new led technology.
Any advice would be greatly  appreciated.

Plasma TV's are more prone to screen burn than LED LCD TV's. If you leave a static image on screen for a while any screen will get screen burn. Just having a fast moving object displayed will get rid of any burn in. My monitor has a program built in to get rid of any. As for the TV itself, curved TV's are pointless and make no sense. For a monitor it makes sense as you are a lot closer to the screen, but for a TV it's just a gimmick to sell more TV's but at a higher price.

But they also suffer from burn in a lot more than any other type and also degrade in quality fast compared to LCD. IPS lcd is the best, it's what my monitor uses and most high end phones.

I have to agree with onetwothree. I have an OLED screen and the colours look phenomenal!