Sign in to follow this  

New tracks on the way

TUSMBOX said:

Donington Park is new? News to me. 

Might as well be. The graphics, physics, and car variety are completely different from GRID. You won't be racing it the same way.

@SparkRacer‌ I'm not sure that's how many people see it. I don't see any of the returning tracks as new just because of different physics. If that was the case, Gran Turismo has had hundreds of different tracks. 

Donington and Surfers Paradise sound awesome, so does Miami since I'm a sucker for street circuits but never played Grid 2.

1 worry I have is that Surfers won't be like the real track and just a made up version

Donington and Surfers Paradise sound awesome, so does Miami since I'm a sucker for street circuits but never played Grid 2.

1 worry I have is that Surfers won't be like the real track and just a made up version

Giant crash at first turn.

Loore said:

Pinch with salt please, not everything is 100% correct :)

Hope Codemasters does not make the big mistake they made with GRID 2 and sell the new tracks as a single track dlc and divide the online commununity so they could not enjoy these tracks online. New tracks need to be in just 1 track DLC.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1302.0.html

[quote=Purple44]
Here a great pic by Flumper to show how DLCs can't screw things up online for players that want to race DLCs online ( GRID 2 ):

Downloadable content required

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/664/oqvu.jpg

All the players in pic have the SPA track DLC, but can any of these players race the SPA track together?

Bugbear take note if decide to take the DLC route instead of using an expansion pack.
[/quote]

Silverstone is an amazing map , but happy to see again Cote d Azur  back !

Please please please let these be added to the playlists, pretty pretty please, please :)

Seeing i'm new to the GRID series these additions all sound great, can't wait to race all those tracks.

well Donington,Australia and Silverstone weren't in grid 2 if I'm not mistaken.

Donington WAS in GRID 1 though, and Silverstone has been making regular appearances in the F1 games. Surfers Paradise was in TOCA 2 and (I think) 3, but the model would be outdated.

Miami doesn't come from Grid 2 actually. The map in DiRT Showdown was almost the same I think.

Oscar97 said:

Miami doesn't come from Grid 2 actually. The map in DiRT Showdown was almost the same I think.

Yeah, some parts of Miami were in Dirt Showdown.

I don't think those parts of the map are directly lifted, though, but Showdown is where Miami first showed up.

well Donington,Australia and Silverstone weren't in grid 2 if I'm not mistaken.

Donington WAS in GRID 1 though, and Silverstone has been making regular appearances in the F1 games. Surfers Paradise was in TOCA 2 and (I think) 3, but the model would be outdated.

Yeah it was in 3. A whole section of the track has gone now and it looks pretty different. It would feel pretty nostalgic to drive on the old track again. Imagine if it does make the game; you could do a mini V8SC round and pretend you're SVG: Yas Marina, COTA, Bathurst and Gold Coast :)

confuced here.. what will be the possible new tracks..?? i did not understand! 

Am i the only that it would like more city tracks than circuits? I like to drive full speed with the bars beside me and not to get  any penalty than to get pushed by other car and to get penalty in circuits..  :p

confuced here.. what will be the possible new tracks..?? i did not understand! 

Am i the only that it would like more city tracks than circuits? I like to drive full speed with the bars beside me and not to get  any penalty than to get pushed by other car and to get penalty in circuits..  :p

That´s the reason i miss a lot road track like Grid 2, circuits are all over race games and will be always but the exciment of roads make more improvising and sort yourself out in a race while many people knows famous circuits like the palm of his hand. Honestly, sometimes i´m bored to run SPA, Brands Hatch, etc..in so many games. And what to say about 4 or 5 laps with a Mini in Brands Hatch?? for the love of god, is annoying to hell.

Yesterday i saw the photo reality from Project Cars...ok, impressive graphics... but...is almost the same again, same places to overtake, same places to brake, memory...i like rock´n´roll!! :p

Salute.

yeah circuits they have got boring to me too... you are right , SPA is amazing track but i can drive there with closed eyes after having played it in so many racing games same for brands hatch etc.. yeah codies we need more city tracks from grid 1 or grid 2 or those open road of grid 2  .... or why not a completelly new city like Rome or London! :p (i know i am dreamer) No  more silverstone or donighton plz! 
+ in city tracks you can have more layouts and versions cause they are not real tracks and devs can do whatever they want.. 
I have an exciting feeling when i run with over 250 km/h with a super street car with bars left and right and  i have to brake in a 90 deegres corner like those of San franchisco or Paris.. :D

Good to see Miami return, always preferred it to Chicago myself in Grid 2.  Real shame we didn't get a new city in GAS for street. Racing over the Harbour Bridge in Sydney would have been cool B)  

yeah i liked miami more than chicago too in grid 2... also i liked open roads like cote d azure and california...Workhorse i am sad i can not modify the text anymore with those colorful letter to make your  day better..  :p    :D