Jump to content Jump to content

rdmp2 said:

@Loore Loving Autosport so far, great job guys. Just a quick question- how will the addition of DLC tracks affect online racing? Will the community be split into haves/have nots, or can everyone be kept together?
Cheers

You should still be able to race with others, I wouldn't expect anything to change how the playlists work for example.

If you own the Sprint Pack and I don't, we can still race against each other, the only time that won't be able to happen is if the Sprint Pack is being used as I'd lack the necessary content to take part in those events.

Loore said:
rdmp2 said:

@Loore Loving Autosport so far, great job guys. Just a quick question- how will the addition of DLC tracks affect online racing? Will the community be split into haves/have nots, or can everyone be kept together?
Cheers

You should still be able to race with others, I wouldn't expect anything to change how the playlists work for example.

If you own the Sprint Pack and I don't, we can still race against each other, the only time that won't be able to happen is if the Sprint Pack is being used as I'd lack the necessary content to take part in those events.

Maybe I'm not understanding the last paragraph its worded really weird @loore . You can either use them in the regular playlist or not ? Or can they be used in custom cup only. That's my deciding factor if I'm buying track packs. If they can be used in open playlists I'm buying if not then no sale . Please clarify , btw any word on console patch release this week ?

Oscar97 said:

And BTW, if I own the Sprint and Touring Cars DLC, will somebody who only has the Sprint DLC be able to join me as long as I don't use the touring car DLC?

I played with two gamer without DLC, i played McLaren F1 (endurance), suspect that the file already exists on disk, because 10-18Mb not enough for 4 cars

I guess you guys don't know what DLC stands for anymore. This is just like the Street Fighter X Tekken fiasco where they had 12 characters KNOWINGLY locked on disc for content MONTHS after release. Only difference here is that this has a smaller audience, so it's not gonna be as much of a backlash.

Disc Locked Content, the new DLC.

The cars you see in game are low LOD (level of detail) versions. As such, if you, as a player were to drive them you'd notice that they weren't up to the same level of quality as the other cars that are in the game. They also don't have finished handling or physics applied to them.

We took the decision to place the low LOD versions into the game as it ensures compatibility. If you played GRID 2 you will remember that compatibility for DLC cars was one of the biggest complaints we had. The low LODs being in the game ensure that compatibility is there, meaning you can use the DLC cars in online playlists, even with those people who haven't got the DLC.

We then take the low LOD versions and improved the artwork of the vehicle, setup the handling as well as the physics. When you buy the DLC packs (or they unlock with the season pass) you will notice you do download date. 

There's no 128kb .xml file unlock going on, you'll still have to acquire the complete versions of the car.

In short: the cars are unfinished from a player's point of view, but we were able to get the low LOD versions into the game to ensure full compatibility, as well as improving matchmaking and the online experience.

Worth mentioning that this only applies to the Car Packs, the mini-expansions are not on the disc.

@Loore does that mean cars in the mini-expansions are all part of new classes? If not, there should be a compatibility pack or update (which adds these cars but doesn't unlock them) to download in order to play the game online. So people with DLC cars can use them in open playlists. Don't make the Grid 2 DLC experience again.

TUSMBOX said:

Donington Park is new? News to me. 

Might as well be. The graphics, physics, and car variety are completely different from GRID. You won't be racing it the same way.

Donington Park itself has changed a bit since then. Dunlop and Starkey's bridges removed, Sparkplug commentary box removed from Schwantz Curve infield, and the esses at the end of the Exhibition Straight (National Circuit) have been moved back away from Goddards.