Jump to content Jump to content

@loore read please , question for people that have had data corruption?

I was fine until last week when I bought my first $1mill car. It was the open wheel car in RaceNet last week. Made a few upgrades, then the next time I started up the game I got corrupt file. Figured it had to be that car cause all others I was using for a while and upgrading them with no problems.

My Grid AutoSport save on Xbox 360 got corrupted when the only 2 cars in my online garage were the VW Golf R that the game gives you free by default & the KTM X-Bow (the only one I had upgraded was the VW). I had a lot of in-game credits that I had been saving up, along with a lot of single-player progress, so I don't want to start all over from scratch just to risk losing it all again. They say the patch will restore our corrupt saves, so I'll pick up where I left off if the patch ever arrives.

TUSMBOX said:
I think it's when they hit a specific percentage. Anything over twice the new retail price, I sell it. I have a couple cars just under twice the retail, and I haven't experienced a corruption yet. That seems to be my issue.

I sold an "overpriced" car last week... I loaded the game and sold the car, that was all I did but when I got home from work the game had corrupted.  My friends have had corruptions from doing nothing at all so I'm not sure there is anything you can do to protect yourself 100%.   But it's all worth a go !!

my car with biggest price difference is the charger RT which is at 770k. I have like 3 or 4 others that are in the 250k range and original price was only maximum 50k. My mini miglia is 220k . so what should I do sell em all or just not use those that are getting pricey? I'm just getting up there in lvl 129 total and don't want a corruption. Any suggestions?

If you haven't been hit yet, then I suppose you can keep playing as you are. Just keep making backups, and I mean multiple. I always have at least two, because you never know when the save will actually corrupt. If/when it does, reload an earlier save, sell the cars, and save again. Quit and reload the game just to see if it worked. If not, you may have a different issue. 

I save after each session to the cloud and to USB stick. Once I turn game on I leave it running for the whole day. So I turn it on about 9 a.m. and off about 9 p.m. I don't play it the whole time but I don't want to keep turning it on and off so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing I feel really lucky that nothing's happened but boy will I be upset if I corrupt.

I've noticed some of my cars getting towards 1 million dollars , does the price of vehicles have anything to do with corruption?

Yes.

It is explained acroos many posts in the forum; is very randomly but is the trick if you have the patience to watch every car everytime and make cumulative saves. I forced many times the corruption and experience a lot with files, cars, garages, etc. Sell the cars one by one and watch the effect it has over other car prices. Aty least yo´ll make millions but never could have many cars upgraded.

In fact i´m not gonna install any update or fix till i´m pretty sure that works. There are cars that boost the price of others, even cars that doesn´t rise in price never, and all of them must be at least modified wiyh ONE of the I+D upgrades.

Salute.

TUSMBOX said:
I've never had the $0 glitch, so I wouldn't know how to get around that. Is there even a workaround for it?

Me too but if i have time i´m gonna force it with the Brtish Cars Pack wich it seems to happen, but i´m scared that in this point there´s no much to do it.

Salute.

P.s. or with the new Coupé DLC......also i´m scared with the car 22 or so; garage slots around 21-22-23 is causing this issue too.

andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:
I've never had the $0 glitch, so I wouldn't know how to get around that. Is there even a workaround for it?

Me too but if i have time i´m gonna force it with the Brtish Cars Pack wich it seems to happen, but i´m scared that in this point there´s no much to do it.

Salute.

P.s. or with the new Coupé DLC......also i´m scared with the car 22 or so; garage slots around 21-22-23 is causing this issue too.

The $0 glitch is irreversible. Once it happens, that car is buggered. It doesn't matter which garage slot it's in. You can't sell the car, and attempting to drive it results in a crash after finishing the race.

I heard it's caused by cars in the 'used' section going out-of-stock. The only true solution is to just use Loan Cars and not your own. Although, even if I sell all of mine, my game corrupts so ... I'm stuck.

andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:

Salute.

The $0 glitch is irreversible. Once it happens, that car is buggered. It doesn't matter which garage slot it's in. You can't sell the car, and attempting to drive it results in a crash after finishing the race.

I heard it's caused by cars in the 'used' section going out-of-stock. The only true solution is to just use Loan Cars and not your own. Although, even if I sell all of mine, my game corrupts so ... I'm stuck.

Thanks. I´ll try, before saving, a trick around wich cars could affected the 0$ and look if is possible to return to its normal state, but as you tell i´m scared that is a "non-return-point", anyway...what a big dissaster!! and a new car pack that we could´t use, almost for sure...

Salute.
andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:

Salute.

When I buy a car I always check  to see if its $0 and 4 in a row now have done that but I'm smart enough not to use those cars.  My concern is with the high dollar cars that are in my garage at the moment. 

@loore any suggestions mate.

I've been through quite a bit with this game so far and even though i don't really feel like writing it all down i do feel like sharing it with the community, so heres my (stort) story.... 

With the high repair bills of some cars at first i thought the higher bugged sell values were some way of financing the high repair bills of the more expensive cars. A new bought bugatti at lvl 46 costed me about 80k repairs only per race, huyra rouchly 60k while driving a 1 lap race not touching anything....
It would be logical in some way as autosport is an expensive sport where sponsors put in money etc etc

I had my first corrupt at lvl 130, i had a backup at 121 but with the idea of the "coming soon patch" that would fix the corrupt data i didn't touch it and restarted from 1 on my 2nd account. (rougly about a month ago, 3-4 weeks i think so i dunno what soon means anymore, but i'll read it as "somewhere in the future"
So back to lvl 1 off i went, on my 2nd account i had my 1st corrupt at lvl 101, backup at 63, (damnit i made a lot of backups but why did i not make one every 5-10 lvls or so), but i just picked it up at 63 and went on, making backups more frequently, never found any problems untill 140, where unfortunatly my backup got corrupted, will tell later how it happened, but the game should come with 2 usb sticks as with 2 accounts i didn't have enough of them and constantly making copies on my pc, meh, if not labelled immediatly and right it would result in a mess of ps3 files anyway so that wasn't gonna happen...

while going through all these levels i noticed nearly all the cars that i owned do the things already discribed on this forum. 
About the prices i have written down some things to be able to tell friends and clubmates that barely believed me or wondered where and how i got the money to buy a bugatti, a formula A and a F1GT all at once. 

So here are some stats...
The highest i've seen a car go is roughly x30, which was the C1 drift car that i could sell for 3.2mill but i didn't sell immediatly and after driving it again at some point the price went back to normal.
The 2nd car was a S2000 tuner modif that went for roughly  1.2-1.5m, i immediatly sold it and a few other cars aswell got sold for a REAL good price compared to what i payed for them.
So i thought the higher the price of the car the more the profit so i bought a new bugatti (only because it was the most expensive in it's discipline,and was curious to see how high that one was gonna peak but at 17.8million i sold it together with my supercar pagani 6.5mil. I was low on money because of all the upgrades and repairs on my cars and replaced them with another bugatti a furai and while buying anyway bought the 4.3mil new formula A along with it as i lost my carlevels and damn that Huayra selling did hurt my feelings in some way :p. 

All together i have had A LOT of saves that didn't corrupt my data, shortly after selling the bugatti, f1gt and huayra on my 1st acc my game corrupted, i was sitting at roughly 20mil and 18 cars of which i think 12 were 500k or more new buy price even had a new fully upgraded formula A (engine upgrade for that one was 1.2mil for those who wonder)

So starting again on other account didn't seem like the best idea, but the best idea didn't come to mind and with the idea of "seen it, been there, and done it" things would go faster now, so i saved a bit sold a few cars to buy more expensive models with and after a while at some point my whole garage was booming, bugatti could sell for 23.3mil, F1GT 24mil, and a few other cars, Furai-7.9m. lancia delta-725k, mercedes gt street-4.1mil, audi rs5 performance-605k, subaru supermodif-2.2mil) just to name a few,again after selling a bugatti i had the corrupt at lvl 101 (7.6mil) as again i was low on cash cause of all the repair bills that were just out of control, 5 races with bugatti = 400k cost repairs only, not hitting walls or anything just "wear and tear". so i traded the bug for a cheaper to repair new one + the f1g1 + formula A and a few 0.5mil cars. All cars that i sold had stats, lets say as average stats out of 50 races won 15, 40 podiums if it was a new one, some better some worse. 

So back at 63 then grrrrr didn't felt like racing or gaming at all after the 2nd corrupt at such a moment. 
Eventually i took my courage and went on again from 63,... prices have gone up a lot, sold a lot of cars earned a lot of money till last week my ps3 froze (1st freeze in all this time) and i kinda had a bad feeling about what was coming, yup, 3rd time corrupted but i had a more recent backup this time so i copied that one and went on from there. I had lvld an indycar since my last save and ofc my backup was taken before i lvld the indycar GRRRR..... when i had the indy lvld up again (3rd time, 2nd time on this account) i made another backup, when restarting the game my backup got corrupted !!!! I have a backup on my pc but couldn't be arsed anymore so i continued on my 1st account at lvl 121 as since a few weeks had passed and not a single sign of a patch yet only DLC being released like mad. 
Sometimes i really feel like crashing into the side at 300kmh (200mph) fucking up the race of those driving those DLC cars to punish them for buying the DLC packs, because i believe most of us share the idea of priority that 1st fix game 2nd DLC,.... since they were driving those cars i see them as deserter towards the ppl suffering from the corrupted bullshit, but i haven't actuallly done any of that (yet) although i swear it's tempting at times.

So back to 1st account from 140 (on 2nd acc) back again to 121, i'm now 145 and after some research descided to sell any car that had the slightest doubt of being a bugged one. i sold 14 cars, bought all lvl 1s again, and tbh, i feel like being lvl 1 again eventhough i'm 145.... Just got more lvl 1 cars then i would have if i was lvl 1. But so far no new corrupt data, not that i trust it, starting up a game never been more exciting then this one, press start and cross your fingers...

All in all the corrupted backup was the worst as in some way it felt to me like i failed backing up but goddamnit if they burn a game onto a disc in xxxx copies and pre-sell it promote it and all the known bullshit around it they can aswell make damn sure that those things simply don't happen, learn from the past? 
Also another spicy detail to add up on all the other things and to illustrate my experience with it, the freeze of my ps3 was during the racenet challenge at okutama with my formula A lap 3 where lap 2 was 32.432 and i was clocking 0.4 ish under that after section 2, in the last section (2me the easiest) the ps3 froze, i dunno where i'd have ended in the end, i could have missed last turn, but that 32.432 lap nr2 i had completed, i was in the mood to break my earlier best time, car was lv50+ and fully upgraded where my previous time it was still low lvl only with a few tuning... nearly every lap i did was "hot" and with 32.663 (with lower lvl  indycar) currently best own time i was at top3%.....I think that i don't have to explain that i was a little bit pissed off to express that without using the F-word multiple times. 

All in all i really love the game but i swear if i see the guy responsible for releasing it in such a state in front of me someone s gonna have to hold me or i'm gonna punch him straight in his F-face and put my foot in it after that. It's not gonna fix the game but i'd feel a lot better, i'm sure it would make me feel damn good :p it already does just by thinking of it. 
Apologies if  there are errors or if i repeat something, which wasn't needed to repaet, yes i did re-read and made a few adjustments but this took me some time to write this while i could have been racing so fuck it i'm posting it,... 
C u on the track in my cockpitvieuw mirror (LOL) or if u have questions about anything, shoot.

Greetz

andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:

Salute.

Ahh, I always by my cars new, so that could be an issue. 

TUSMBOX said:
andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:

Salute.

Ahh, I always by my cars new, so that could be an issue. 

Me too, again XD, that´s the reason i want to experiment in a "probe saved game file" what happens with second hand cars. I always buy new cars!! and because of the so randomly issue don´t do this at home!! XZD...nah.. joking, but everything around the garage is the f**** problem with the corrupt issue.

I´ll tell you if i have time to try it. Even if the patch comes out i´m not going to install if lets me play online, if not i should have to install and cross my fingers and again save, save, save and save :p I never did all these things with a game, i´ll run into 2 different saved games, one with patch and one without it, always if it possible to use all the game without the patch; soe customers uses to force to update or the online not works.

Salute.

andaya said:
TUSMBOX said:

Salute.

This should be fixed in an upcoming patch (is fixed on PC already). Once the patch is applied, start the game > trigger an auto save > restart game > cars should be fixed.