Sign in to follow this  

If the AI hasn't gotten considerably better at passing...

... and isn't atleast 1-2 seconds faster on the hardest difficulty.

I don't see the point in buying it.

F1 2012 Slow AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SURD1GLWTGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=106zqFgmGGg

F1 2013 Slow AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9EyPCziWY

gorey said:

... and isn't atleast 1-2 seconds faster on the hardest difficulty.

I don't see the point in buying it.

Play online...

Career is always dull.

I raced in an online series for awhile. But that was only once a week. I have no desire to race with random people, so 90% of my gameplay is against the AI.

The AI in previous games was HORRIBLE at driving side-by-side. Both vs the player and other AI cars. I just want to know if the AI has grown some **** and doesn't lift off the gas 200m before the turn if someone is along side of them. Make us work for the pass like in real life.

I agree with Gorey.... I too play with AI , don't have time for online league , etc... Plus half the time one tries to play online you get horrible drivers crashing into you..... If Mr Hood has worked on GP4 in the past, why can't CM make the AI as in that game.... No one can argue BEST AI was the Crammond Gp4 .... I thought Hatta was going to get as answers once the game was announced. 

I'm sure they will have had another little go at the AI, but also that they will still be too slow at the start, too timid overtaking and block you on quali laps. To be fair, no company has ever really got this right with an F1 game.

I agree with Gorey.... I too play with AI , don't have time for online league , etc... Plus half the time one tries to play online you get horrible drivers crashing into you..... If Mr Hood has worked on GP4 in the past, why can't CM make the AI as in that game.... No one can argue BEST AI was the Crammond Gp4 .... I thought Hatta was going to get as answers once the game was announced. 

GP4 was a game made by F1 enthusiasts for F1 enthusiasts. These games are pushed toward the casual market with no active interest in Formula 1.

I personally think its a joke that in 2014 an F1 game cant meet the standards set 20 years ago by GP2

To be fair, I think Codemasters are concentrating on next gen F1 rather than F1 2014. They keep saying that it isn't a bridge between the old and new gen but really that is all F1 2014 is. I don't expect many new features in F1 2014 but I expect next gen F1 to be one the best games I have ever played because they started working on next gen F1 pretty much straight after F1 2013 was released. The was October 3013. They will have had 18 months to develop the game which is more than enough time to make the game everything it should be. Brilliant!

I think the Evaluation System will help who play offline.I played offline for a while and didnt keep up the pace against AI but online is very competitive

MUZZARIOL said:

GP4 was a game made by F1 enthusiasts for F1 enthusiasts. These games are pushed toward the casual market with no active interest in Formula 1.

I personally think its a joke that in 2014 an F1 game cant meet the standards set 20 years ago by GP2

True True .... 20 years ago.... I can't believe it..  Hopefully Mr. Hood is a big fan.. I just can't understand , they can't match the AI of GP4... I have been playing GP4 lately and man the AI is Amazingggggggggggggggggggggggg 

It would be great if the ai could be faster and less passive when driving on track. It annoys me how they can be scared out of an overtake if you make any movement whatsoever on the straight and how they slow down when you are right behind them letting you get an easy pass. Sadly after 4 games the ai is still crap and will seemingly never improve

MUZZARIOL said:

True True .... 20 years ago.... I can't believe it..  Hopefully Mr. Hood is a big fan.. I just can't understand , they can't match the AI of GP4... I have been playing GP4 lately and man the AI is Amazingggggggggggggggggggggggg 

Honestly I need to invest in a PC optimised for GP4, with that + all tue available mods I am set for life.

GP2/GP3/GP4 are timeless games made with true passion without the greed and selfishness used by modern developers to adhere to the mass casual market.

GP series are games of the people who love F1

^^^^ no, personal opinion. I play Codemasters F1 because I currently have no other option. My love and passion for F1 exceeds any logical decision making in relinquishing my hard earned green for an inferior product, and Codemasters know it

Yes I agree with you, but you must remember GP4 was a great game due to the modding community. Out the box the game was not great, once all the mods came out then it became a much better game.

Why would you want to race AI? 

Get a snickers,  and race online. 

Kick the rammers, then you got a room with randoms who want to race clean.  

Maybe make some friends in the process.  

Or if you find the AI a challenge, better to stay with career mode I'd say.  

:smile: 

Rayg1979 said:

Yes I agree with you, but you must remember GP4 was a great game due to the modding community. Out the box the game was not great, once all the mods came out then it became a much better game.

I can understand what your saying, the game was buggy as hell.. but you must admit, the AI was fantastic and the substance of the game was absolute quality. I used to select no drivers and just watch the AI race on screen sometimes. This even goes back to GP2, that game was just pure brilliance. I know it sounds like a case of rose tinted glasses but I promise you if I could get a decent PC which was DOS compatible and could run GP2 at its optimum performance id never touch another Codies game again, I swear to you thats the god honest truth...

Yes I understand where your coming from and I couldn't guess at how many hours I played on that game.... I might even load it back on this weekend as I'm sure as good as the Ai was compared to current games (being more aggressive) they were also the opposite and were to aggressive and use to try banger racing with you