Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 3 GFWL Problems FAQ

Whats The Deal With Games For Windows Live?
We are working on removing Games For Windows Live from DiRT 3 and when the work is finished we'll be pushing an update via Steam and you will all be upgraded free of charge. I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know when that work will be complete but I will let you know as soon as I do.

I Have a Boxed Copy of DiRT 3 - What about me?

The current plan is to allow anybody who has a boxed copy of DiRT 3 to redeem their CD key via Steam which will add DiRT 3 to your Steam library - there is a chance the process of how you get your copy might change and we're working with Valve to make sure it's as painless as possible.

Why Can't I Download The DLC?
Because the GFWL market place is currently shut down unfortunately you can't purchase or download the DLC for DiRT 3, we will be making the DLC available on Steam when the Steamworks version of the game is available.

WTF! My Game Won't Start
Some users do have trouble starting the game, this seems to be an install/GFWL issue and something users of Windows 8.1 have. Try downloading and installing the GFWL client manually, then loading the game and it should work fine Link 

How Can I Contact You?
You can obviously contact me here on the Steam Forums or on Twitter I'm not going to be much use for technical questions in 140 characters so if you are having problems with the game it would be best to contact custserv@codemasters.com, let them know as much as you can about the problem, your rig set up and they will do their best to help. If you want to keep up with what the DiRT team are currently up to then you can follow DiRT on Twitter and Facebook and the CodiesBlog

Can I Re-download content I have already purchased on GFWL?
Turns out you can, 10 cool points each to Axe and Aergistal on the Steam Forums. Details here

I'm pretty sure that's the major questions that come up answered but I'll keep adding to the list as and when they come up.

Don't know i'd be pushing my luck or not, but do you think when GFWL is removed, those who own DiRT 3 could get upgraded to the Complete Edition?

I know it seems too much to ask, but it happened for both of the Batman Arkham games, they were upgraded to their respective GOTY versions which includes all the DLC.

Don't know i'd be pushing my luck or not, but do you think when GFWL is removed, those who own DiRT 3 could get upgraded to the Complete Edition?

I know it seems too much to ask, but it happened for both of the Batman Arkham games, they were upgraded to their respective GOTY versions which includes all the DLC.
It is something I had put forward and suggested based on what others have done but I don't have any details to share than what I've said above right now sorry.

I´ve bought a used Dirt 3 with original Key and Box, but i can´t use it in steam or "GFWL". How i could register in Steam?

I´ve bought a used Dirt 3 with original Key and Box, but i can´t use it in steam or "GFWL". How i could register in Steam?
You can't as the GFWL marketplace is now down. Though if its a used game then the key would have been used and it wouldn't work anyway.

Hey :-)

I still go back to DiRT 3, mainly for outbreak at Battersea (still don't understand why this mode wasn't in Showdown but o well!). Be good if you could try and get some sort of update this week on an ETA; I'll really looking forward to welcoming more people into the DiRT family!!!

Will i be able to get my DiRT 3 pre order super teams bonus back?
Its the nordic edition, if that makes any differance

Donut52 said:
Try contacting the store/website you ordered the game from to see if you can get them back.

Hi any idea when i can use my Retail Copy on steam as currently Steam is not allowing the key to activate on their platform.
Reason i ask is because i want to start playing it again. Its only the Standard version as well so not sure why steam won't take the key.

Donut52 said:
Try contacting the store/website you ordered the game from to see if you can get them back.
I didn't  actually redeem it. I sort of lost it and found it again now. I was just wondering if i would be able to redeem it when DiRT 3 is moved to steamworks

July 1st is approaching. Do I understand correctly that if Steamworks isn't done by then, we won't be able to play the game at all (at least not without progress being lost)?

Please explain the logic behind your on-going loyalty towards Grid 2 and it's senseless inclusion on the Racenet website seeing as not a single person seems to play it online.

Dirt 3 has a much larger community of players but they are being pushed aside on a daily basis. I find it troubling(to say the very least) that this GFWL issue has not been dealt with since the news has broke out.

By the looks of things Codemasters are disorganized(at best) or could care less about their current user-base. You seem hellbent on releasing new titles,yet you forget to pay attention to the titles that has already established a loyal following.

Any news for removing GFWL of Dirt 3? I cant play the game i buy in Windows 8.1 PLEASEEEE

i am using steam on Windows 8.1 and i can play dirt 3. (try installing GFWL application). But I cannot buy any DLC and this is so annoying! Come on Codies.. Remove that shit of dead program

I have the boxed copy of Dirt3 and they key says "Invalid Code" when I enter it on Steam "Add a product". Why is that ?

Its because the key is for the Windows marketplace not Steam, if you had just purchased the copy I would reccomend taking it back for a refund as retailers shouldn't be selling it anymore. If it is one you have owned for a long time you will be able to redeem the key eventually on Steam but not until the work to move the game to steam works is done.

Now that GFWL apparently isn't shutting down, is Codemasters still porting DiRT 3 to Steam regardless? GFWL might not be dying but I'd love to get the DLC which I can't do.

this dlc http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257967729   is legit? can i add it on dirt3?