Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 3 GFWL Problems FAQ

Comprei através do Steam o DIRT3 que não funciona. É muita sacanagem do Steam estar vendendo o DIRT3 com o problema com o GFWL. Depois querem passar confiança para o consumidor.

Seriously! We deserve this? It was announced a year ago that come with Steamworks support. And no. This is unacceptable. I bought so many games from Codemasters (Dirt 2, 3 Showdown, F12012, and Grid 2, Operation Flashpoint Red River and Dragon). But I'm not going to buy more. 2K solved, Warner solved. Codemasters why not?

What a false hope... Dirt 2 was abandoned and now GFWL is still running on Dirt 3...plz do something for your fans, It become continually worse.

continue waiting for a fast resolution. If this will continue for too long, I will never buy another Codemasters game, I will play pirate versions of your games. This is what Im going to do ! This is unreal for a company like yours, stealing customers.

I just realised that you are releasing new F1 game every year but fixing one problem with D3 is taking you more, seriously guys you are worse than EA.

Half a year and nothing.
Seems codemasters run the same policy like EA and Ubisoft.
After game is bought customers are slighted.
Additionally the game still can be purchased even it does not work.
It is deeply disappointing how codemasters take care of customers.

Hi!

I just wanted to drop a note here saying that I've heard good things about Dirt 3 (I'm looking for good "couch multiplayer" games for PC), but I've never played it. I'll get it as soon as GFWL is gone. :smile: 

Attention! DIRT owners! Boycott Codemasters games! Do not buy anything from them! As long as you do not have the support Steamworks Dirt 2 and 3! Let's join together for the game! And to keep their promise!

Everyone annoy the players EA, Ubi, CM ... Enough is enough!

I continue waiting for a solution Codemasters!!! I cant play DIRT 3 anymore because of GFWLive shit.
Please resolve this until the end of this year. We are all waiting for that. Its not fair from you guys.

I've not had any issues with GFWL with my brand new Win8.1 64bit PC. However the first GFWL game I installed was Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends, which possibly comes with a newer GFWL installer.

Another game (Street Fighter IV) with GFWL was also fine (though the GFWL service was down temporarily the other night).

For Dirt3 (which I won't get to installing for a while) I'd just suggest uninstalling GFWL then installing the latest client from Microsoft http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/Live/PC/DownloadClient

You might have to use Win7 compatibility on the installer I read elsewhere.

Attention! DIRT owners! Boycott Codemasters games! Do not buy anything from them! As long as you do not have the support Steamworks Dirt 2 and 3! Let's join together for the game! And to keep their promise!

Everyone annoy the players EA, Ubi, CM ... Enough is enough!

Completely agree, CM ignoring their loyal fans is the last drop, I've always supported Codemasters up until they pulled this shit with GFWL.
Saying you're going to do something within a few months and then proceeding to never say anything again to your clients for OVER A YEAR, guess you already have our money right? no more need to give a shit...
I thought you were better than this CM, turns out you're just a smaller scale EA, very disappointed, don't expect to see my money in your pockets ever again.
Money grubbing corporations trying to make a quick buck without any regard for their clientele, disgusting...

I've not had any issues with GFWL with my brand new Win8.1 64bit PC. 
Well, some do have issues and some don't. But even if you ignore the issues with the saves and countless others bugs, at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact, that a fresh install of Dirt 3 means no DLC for people who bought it. And every body has this issue. And it also wouldn't hurt if CM improved their communication with the community (progress on the Steamworks Patch).

I'm not pointing my finger at you JustBigLee.

Don't know how it is but, the way I see it JBL is just the middle man, so I guess - don't kill the messenger, right?

I know it's not nice but I guess it could have been worse. I mean not by a lot but CM could have just said we don't care about the past Dirt installments and given the fact I'm an optimist by nature I'm still silently hoping there will one day be a patch that removes this GFWL menace.

My personal opinion.

Even if GFWL works fine, why not make it more simple for players? Steamwork is just better. Launch the game, then play it. We dont need Uplay or GFWL shit.

Anyway, I came to see any news about it. But nothing.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition got transfered to Steamworks today, still waiting for such an announcement on the DiRT 3 Steamcommunity group...
Are there still no new information that can be released to us at all?
No mate I'm sorry, believe me I'd love to tell you but something keeps throwing a spanner in the works and it keeps getting delayed which is why I'm keeping quite on it. I know its a pain but we are still committed to doing it.

Hi,
Me and some other dudes around the Europe have problems with GFWL since 24th Dec 2014. During the day, it works fine, but in the evening it's impossible to play, we get disconnected from GFWL, then connected again , but then we get disconnected for the last time. It doesn't work 'till 10 a.m. next day.
It used to work 'till Dec24 normally and we haven't changed a single thing.

Is there a way to fix it please?
Could anyone help us? Thanks a lot for answers :)

- Kulibob ,  BUGman czech , Sevi czech , Pon3h liborekii ,  Asty , Codemasters213 , Garage1647 ,  Levikee7 // yup , all of us :(

KulibobCZ said:
Hi,
Me and some other dudes around the Europe have problems with GFWL since 24th Dec 2014. During the day, it works fine, but in the evening it's impossible to play, we get disconnected from GFWL, then connected again , but then we get disconnected for the last time. It doesn't work 'till 10 a.m. next day.
It used to work 'till Dec24 normally and we haven't changed a single thing.

Is there a way to fix it please?
Could anyone help us? Thanks a lot for answers :)

- Kulibob ,  BUGman czech , Sevi czech , Pon3h liborekii ,  Asty , Codemasters213 , Garage1647 ,  Levikee7 // yup , all of us :(

I have the same issue...  although I can never login to GFWL, It just says "The Window Live ID you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect.", however, pressing the forgotten password link sends you to a page which does not exist.
Xbox live, windows live, I can login to these places without any issues through the browser.
Games for windows marketplace however, won't even start. It just says something is wrong with the program or the LIVE services.
I have the Dirt 3 retail version bought around a year ago. I'm also wondering if it is possible to convert it to steam?
Entering the key from the box doesn't seem work Maybe this can be done manually somehow through a support ticket?

Edit:
As for the GFWL issue, I tried uninstalling it and the marketplace, then I reinstalled it.
After that I got into the marketplace program but I still couldn't log in there.
To fix that I logged in on windows live through the browser and changed password with less weird characters.
I guess it's the usual thing there, you can sing up / change password and login on some places but in others there are "restrictions" for what characters a password can have. Now it works and I can login again in Dirt 3.

I still would love to know if it is possible to transfer the retail version to steam though.

Mattiasjp said:
I still would love to know if it is possible to transfer the retail version to steam though.
It's not possible yet, it should be possible to transfer your retail game to Steam once the Steamworks transfer has been completed.

Mattiasjp said:
It's not possible yet, it should be possible to transfer your retail game to Steam once the Steamworks transfer has been completed.
Around 8 years from now, after dirt 5 is out and it proves to be another arcade fail like showdown instead of giving the fans the rally game they want, at least if codemasters keeps doing what it's been doing this last year... I hope I'm wrong, but only time will tell if codemasters becomes the new EA.
 Hope you get your shit together for 2015 codemasters, but don't expect to see my money ever again either way.

I just bought Dirt 3 on steam and cant buy anything on gfwl so really the game is not complete and I see its been months and nothing done.I see a class action law suit in the works.BTW great no USA phone number for support pffftttt.

I think the following link will let everybody know EXACTLY what Codebrea...  I mean Codemasters is doing to improve things next time around.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/64791#Comment_64791