Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 3 GFWL Problems FAQ

Well sort of a result of the above post:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-09-layoffs-hit-f1-and-dirt-developer-codemasters

For those who haven't seen it on the Steam forums yet:
---Update 13/01/15 ---

Hi all, I know this is taking a long time and I can only apologise for the... Well let's call it what it is, massive delay. I know it seems like I've not been coming by but I can assure you I have and I want to thank you for continuing to put the pressure on us both here and on Twitter to get it sorted.

Now I still don't have a date I'm willing to give you just in case it bumps for some unknown reason but I can tell you it will be very soon and the next time I update the first post in the thread it'll be to tell you it's available.

I can however tell you that we'll be upgrading you all to the Complete Edition free of charge, we'll be adding Steam Trading cards and if you also happen to own a mac we'll be making the mac edition of DiRT 3 available to you as well. If you own a boxed copy dig out your CD key and keep it safe as you'll need that to redeem your Steamworks copy when the update goes live.

Again, apologies about the delay but we're almost there.

This is great news @justbiglee, and I would like to apologize for losing my patience once in a while in the past year ;)

I'm assuming Steam achievements will be included as well? Would love to redo those after all these years :D

Looking forward to the next update!

That is good news, and as I said in an earlier post, you'll get a sale here as soon as that's done. (I might not even wait for a sale, as I want to make a point about devs supporting their back catalog.)

I have the original CD from dirt 3 but can not save the game and if you've got an account on windows live. what should I do?

^ Try updating/reinstalling GFWL and such. And if that doesn't solve it, the only thing you can do is wait for the steamworks conversion.

ATTENTION TO ANYONE UNABLE TO SIGN INTO GFWL!

Your problem might be that you have special characters in your Microsoft account password. e.g. $&@
Your password must only contain numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters and be between 6 - 10 characters long.

This is a problem with Microsoft, it is not Codemasters fault.

If you are receiving error 80048821, then I strongly suggest trying the method above.

You should then be able to save game data and play online etc.
BUT, you will not be able to download any content from the marketplace.

Awww crap... my fingers are itching:

http://www.dlh.net/en/gaming-news/47365/dirt-3-complete-edition-now-out-on-mac.html

Hi im new here and ive been have played all 4 Dirt games so far, and i was wondering how you get the reward that the game offers you at the start of Dirt Showdown which consists of a Dirt showdown livery for a Ford Fiesta and $20,000 in in game cash. A reply would be great thanks.

Perprider said:
Any news?
Come on guys !! This is really bad ! I've been watching this thread now FOR NEARLY A YEAR !!! I've been playing Codies games since the Speccy and BBC days but i'll tell you now ...... If this is now their level of customer care then Codemasters have lost a customer.... I will not be buying another Codemasters game

Is that thing Dirt4? :-p
It's lots of things :P
Lots of things I won't be buying, thanks to your ****** support.

EDIT by PeteTheDuck: Watch your language please, don't want to have to give you a warning.

Few updates:
https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/572800452171055104

http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/?insideModal=1#c617329505857137898
Won't be tomorrow. Final few hoops to jump through on the submission side and one final QA check. Not much longer now guys and sorry again for the delay.

Can't wait :D (Really gotta hurry to finish my DiRT 2 playthrough on hardcore mode now in time)

Whens this gonna happen. Give us a date...never mind about soon....soon never comes

royjj said:
Whens this gonna happen. Give us a date...never mind about soon....soon never comes
I'd rather have them test it properly and release it when they know it's ready than have them commit to a certain date

It has arrived:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321040

OMG :blush: