Jump to content Jump to content

RS Dash telemetry companion app for F1 2016 & F1 2017

cjorgens79

Based on "pCars Dash", the must have companion telemetry app for Project Cars, RS Dash builds on that popular app to add support for F1 2017, F1 2016, RaceRoom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa, AutoMobilista, iRacing and rFactor2.

Please note, this app is not free, in-app purchases are required to activate each racing game interface depending on which of these racing simulators you own.

RS Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry of crucial vehicle data. Designed by a race car driver for race car drivers it includes graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown. 

Get the advantage over your opposition by knowing exactly whats going on with your car at all times. Every litre of fuel adds extra weight and costs you time, not sure how much fuel you need for a race? RS Dash provides live fuel usage statistics so you can see exactly how many liters you need to put in your tank for each racing lap.

Want more? There is also a HUD and one of the most important things, a dedicated race page showing you critical fuel, tire (wear/temps), brake (temps), damage and lap timing, a must have for any racer.

Note: Feature availability in RS Dash depends on the racing game this app is being used with as the different games offer varying degrees of telemetry data. 

This app will work with both the PC and Console versions of F1 2016 and F1 2017 

Links to get the app and more info about the apps capabilities can be found here 
http://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash. For assistance with setting up the to work with F1 2017 and F1 2016, see the RS Dash support page here http://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash-support

If you have any issues or need assistance with the app please get in contact via our contact page http://www.pocketplayground.net/contact-us or by emailing us directly at support@pocketplayground.net 

• Codemasters Staff
Moved to General Discussion, there isn't an issue to discuss here.

I'm not sure about promoting a paid app on our forums but it's Christmas so I won't worry about it. Be careful F1 legal don't have any reason to take it off the app store though.
Lozzy said:
Moved to General Discussion, there isn't an issue to discuss here.

I'm not sure about promoting a paid app on our forums but it's Christmas so I won't worry about it. Be careful F1 legal don't have any reason to take it off the app store though.
Apologies for putting it in the wrong section. There shouldnt be any issue with F1 legal (i hope), the only reference to F1 is in relation to the app linking to the telemetry feed from your game "F1 2016".  Merry Christmas :)
Hi Patrick,

Can you please confirm if you have followed the setup instructions on the RS Dash support page linked in the first post above?

Did you choose to use broadcast mode or did you enter the IP address of your iPad into F1 2016. Please try using the direct IP address rather than broadcast mode as some routers wont work properly with broadcast mode. Based on your signature you are using PS4, please be aware that you need to redo the settings to enable the telemetry in the game each time you start it. Hopefully this is something codemasters will resolve in a future patch.

Another thing to try is if your PS4 is wireless, make sure your iPad is connecting to the same wireless network and ideally using the same frequency (The PS4 will be using 2.4ghz)
I am following the directions, but still
no luck. I'm very interested to make this app work because this is something I've been wanting for this game. I'll continue to tinker with it.  Should I select broadcast mode or not select broadcast mode? Which one are you saying I should do? It's not that clear.    The reason I ask is, the instructions on the website suggests that you should select broadcast mode. But, in  the comment above you suggest that we should not suggest broadcast mode.  Maybe I am reading it incorrectly...  

Either way, I just want to solution. I really want the app to work. 
no luck. I'm very interested to make this app work because this is something I've been wanting for this game. I'll continue to tinker with it.  Should I select broadcast mode or not select broadcast mode? Which one are you saying I should do? It's not that clear.    The reason I ask is, the instructions on the website suggests that you should select broadcast mode. But, in  the comment above you suggest that we should not suggest broadcast mode.  Maybe I am reading it incorrectly...  

Broadcast mode is the "Easy" setup option, but it doesn't work with some mobile devices and routers. So since you are having issues getting it to work, i suggest not using broadcast mode and specifying the direct IP of your mobile device instead (as is shown on the RS Dash starting screen on the device). Also please remember that the app wont start working until you are on the track and driving in the game as F1 2016 does not output its telemetry stream until you are on track. 

Let me know how you go.
cbenci21 said:
Is it possible to use two iOS devices at the same time? One iPhone and one iPad?
Yes, this is what broadcast mode would usually be used for as it goes out to all devices on the network. On the PC version of F1 2016 you can actually set up to 4 individual IP addresses to receive the telemetry stream (instead of using broadcast mode), however i think for the console version you must use broadcast mode if you want multiple devices.

Broadcast mode is the "Easy" setup option, but it doesn't work with some mobile devices and routers. So since you are having issues getting it to work, i suggest not using broadcast mode and specifying the direct IP of your mobile device instead (as is shown on the RS Dash starting screen on the device). Also please remember that the app wont start working until you are on the track and driving in the game as F1 2016 does not output its telemetry stream until you are on track. 

Let me know how you go.

Haven't had any succes either way. It just hold the screen saying waiting for F1 to start. 

Let me know how you go.

Haven't had any succes either way. It just hold the screen saying waiting for F1 to start.
Could you tell me what the IP address of your console is and also the IP of your iPad and your router? If possible can you also send me a screenshot of the settings in F1 2016 you are using, perhaps i can spot something thats been missed. You can email me the screenshot to support@pocketplayground.net

Do you have a PC at all connected to the same network? if so email me at the above address and i can send you a test program that can help determine the issue. You should also try and ping both your iPad and console from the PC to make sure they are both visible on the network.

I assume both the console and the iPad are connected to the same wifi SSID?
cbenci21 said:
 One last quick question. Is there any specific Android devices that don't work well with Broadcast mode? Want to use multiple devices but one is an Android
The following are devices i know have had issues in the past with broadcast mode.

Asus ZenPad c7.0
Asus ZenPad 10
MotoG
MotoX (1st Gen)
HTC - some other HTC devices (maybe just older ones) are expected to be problematic based on internet searches
Samsung Tab A 580 (2016) - have had reports these latest generation samsung tablets dont work properly with the UDP stream

If you have access to the Project Cars forums, i have a list of known good and bad devices here (which the above was taken from)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app

• 8 months later...
JuanCarMR said:
@cjorgens79 for those who bought F1 2016 app and was so poor (not for your work, I know), it should be great if you give us the F1 2017 app for free. 
The F1 2016 telemetry was very limited in comparison to the new telemetry in F1 2017, hence why the F1 2016 interface is RS Dash had a lot less features. This was all clearly documented on the website in the spreadsheet which showed the functionality available in each interface. 

It takes A LOT of time to make these interfaces and then to provide ongoing support to answer peoples questions when they have issues with their devices or routers or questions about why the telemetry doesn't provide this or that. Not to mention the ongoing costs i have to incur just to make these apps available, so that is why the app interfaces are charged and why that will not change.
Based on "pCars Dash", the must have companion telemetry app for Project Cars, RS Dash builds on that popular app to add support for F1 2017, F1 2016, RaceRoom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa, AutoMobilista, iRacing and rFactor2.

Please note, this app is not free, in-app purchases are required to activate each racing game interface depending on which of these racing simulators you own.

RS Dash features real-time vehicle telemetry of crucial vehicle data. Designed by a race car driver for race car drivers it includes graphing of rpm, speed, gear, throttle and brake position per lap and a lap chart system including sector by sector breakdown. 

Get the advantage over your opposition by knowing exactly whats going on with your car at all times. Every litre of fuel adds extra weight and costs you time, not sure how much fuel you need for a race? RS Dash provides live fuel usage statistics so you can see exactly how many liters you need to put in your tank for each racing lap.

Want more? There is also a HUD and one of the most important things, a dedicated race page showing you critical fuel, tire (wear/temps), brake (temps), damage and lap timing, a must have for any racer.

Note: Feature availability in RS Dash depends on the racing game this app is being used with as the different games offer varying degrees of telemetry data. 

This app will work with both the PC and Console versions of F1 2016 and F1 2017 

Links to get the app and more info about the apps capabilities can be found here http://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash. For assistance with setting up the to work with F1 2017 and F1 2016, see the RS Dash support page here http://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash-support

If you have any issues or need assistance with the app please get in contact via our contact page http://www.pocketplayground.net/contact-us or by emailing us directly at support@pocketplayground.net 

I have been using this app for some time now, works great. It's quite simple actually.

1. Download the app
2. Purchase the version of the game you want to play
3. Check your mobile or tablet device for it's unique IP adress and fill that in under your telemetry settings in the UDP Telemetry settings screen in the 2016-2017 game for instance and keep broadcast mode switched off.
4. Start the game and it works :)

JuanCarMR said:
@cjorgens79 for those who bought F1 2016 app and was so poor (not for your work, I know), it should be great if you give us the F1 2017 app for free. 
The app was far from poor and I had much more than my moneys worth out of it throughout my time with F1 2016 and can fully recommend the latest version for F1 2017. Great work which is much appreciated. 

Archived