Sign in to follow this  

Racenet Challenges for Tuesday August 5th

@Loore‌ 

The tuner challenge that just came out is a repeat from last week and it is not paying for medals. I think it is not paying for medals because it thinks I already have the platinum from last week. Could some one at CM please looke into this? Also, why do the vehicle rewards for a racenet challenge always start at level 1 and not where the car is levelled at? Is this one of the issues causing the tuning upgrades to multiply?

You know, given the limited available tracks in playlist events (some classes race on as little as two courses, like the 4C), you would think global challenges would give you some more variety. This is the second instance of a challenge being repeated......wait a minute. Are these challenges, like......randomly generated? There's no way they can look at a challenge and say "this was the challenge for last week, let's give it to them again."

Just an update. None of the challenges are paying for medals.

TUSMBOX said:
You know, given the limited available tracks in playlist events (some classes race on as little as two courses, like the 4C), you would think global challenges would give you some more variety. This is the second instance of a challenge being repeated......wait a minute. Are these challenges, like......randomly generated? There's no way they can look at a challenge and say "this was the challenge for last week, let's give it to them again."

Gee thanks for the sarcasm. That was helpful. Idiot. And if they are randomly generated, their randow generator is horribly designed, because there are two different variables, class and track, with multiple choices from each. Which, given the math that you probably don't understand because you spent your whole life honing that razor-sharp wit, the chances of picking the very same class on the very same track is incredibly low. Plus, it would be very simple to build in a check to make sure the challenge is repeated. Besides, the point of the comment wasn't even about the repeated track, it was about the fact the challenges aren't paying for medals, so you only earn around 8000 dollars when you complete them, regardless of your medal. But again, you probably were working on those sarcasm skills instead of comprehension.

How was that sarcasm? It was pretty much the truth. The challenge should give you more variety than the playlists. And yes, challenges are created randomly, I think loore mentioned that when talking about the 'AI being too slow in Time Attack'-problem being fixed by increasing the possibility of Time Attack. :neutral_face: 

Not being paid for medals, yeah, that was mentioned in many other threads. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. It's like winning the lottery.

todd said:
TUSMBOX said:

Gee thanks for the sarcasm. That was helpful. Idiot. And if they are randomly generated, their randow generator is horribly designed, because there are two different variables, class and track, with multiple choices from each. Which, given the math that you probably don't understand because you spent your whole life honing that razor-sharp wit, the chances of picking the very same class on the very same track is incredibly low. Plus, it would be very simple to build in a check to make sure the challenge is repeated. Besides, the point of the comment wasn't even about the repeated track, it was about the fact the challenges aren't paying for medals, so you only earn around 8000 dollars when you complete them, regardless of your medal. But again, you probably were working on those sarcasm skills instead of comprehension.

Holy crap, where did that come from? Dude, first off, take a breather. Second off, you brought up a point about a challenge being repeated. I simply added to that point.

In regards to your point about me not knowing mathematics,  let's take the street discipline. There are nine classes in street. Let's say each class, hypothetically speaking, races on five different circuits (as I said before, some classes only race on as little as two tracks). That would be a total of 45 combinations, meaning the odds of them being repeated in any given two weeks is 1 in 2025. Low odds, yes of course, but not impossible.

And as for your point about not getting medal rewards, welcome to last month, this has been happening since week 2 of global challenge.

TUSMBOX said:
 This is the second instance of a challenge being repeated......wait a minute. Are these challenges, like......randomly generated? 

This sentence is wise ass and sarcastic. The math you just did is partly correct. Using your hypothetical, the chance that a challenge would be repeated is 1 in 45.  You wouldn't multiply 45*45  for the next week because you already know this weeks challenges. You stated the odds for a challenge being repeated in the next two weeks. Finally, I don't read all the threads on here, so I had not seen it. With Codemasters, if you don't bring it up repeatedly, they will ignore it. The sarcasm was pointed out in this comment mostly for Photonik.

It's also true, The Endurance GT Class 1 Spa GP Circuit Reversed Time Attack event was repeated (weeks 1 and 3), and it has been confirmed in a few threads that the events are actually randomly generated, which I previously didn't know. And I'm not gonna turn this into a math thread.

OK. no more math. I just wish they would put a fix in to stop that from happening.and get the payouts working correctly.

Is the Party challenge for the superhuman? I can only pass a single car if it crashes ahead of me.

Party Challenge this week is abysmal. Being spun out is frustrating, but it's even moreso when you're watching the AI drivers slam into and shunt one another with no consequences.

I got silver last night. It would have been Platinum, but I was spun out by Rick Scott in turn 1 which damaged my steering.

Please repair the AI. Repair it and patch it into Autosport, don't save the changes for the next GRID title!

That's just ridiculous. The AI was hard and ignorant, we already knew that, but that's a whole new level. I only managed gold so far, because I was scared of overtaking 2 AI cars close together in front of me. I knew, whatever I do, the 1st I get will slam into me and probably total me into the wall, or if I survive, the next will crush me in the corner. So for that I had to wait for 3 corners behind them, until I could safely pass them.

But not only that, in this challenge the giant flaw in AI cars is shown. They literally are driving walls! These are RWD-cars, so when I hit someone with a higher speed, chances are high, that the hit car should spin, cause it immediately loses traction on the rear, while on full throttle. But instead, they behave like nothing happened, not even slide a bit. I on the other side, due to hitting a driving wall, have too much traction on the rear that can't go nowhere and lose the car inevitably. And no, I don't even want to hit them. But they hit the brakes so damn hard in every corner, while I'm able to drive with at least 30km/h more through them, that I hardly can avoid them without holding a distance of at least 50m. This is even the problem with that maniac AI. They, as wall, burst into me and hit me with a force I cannot widthstand. 

So for future games, that has to stop. AIs shouldn't be driving lorries, but cars, that react exactly like my own when being hit or hitting others. If people decide to crash every AI out, let them play that way (you don't do anything to prevent that online, either)... or, as in RD3, give a return to drive throughs when deliberatly crashing others out of the race.

Last point, medal awards are, again, done with no sense. :D I achieved silver at first ang got 10k for that. After that, I got gold and earned 15k! That is ridiculous. I shouldn't be able to earn more, if I achieve lower medals first and get paid for them. For gold, in my case, I should have gotten only 5k, as I already got the 10 for silver and consequently, if I reach platinum, that should again be only 5k to sum up the whole 20k I can get for platinum.

Ajax075 said:

Party Challenge this week is abysmal. Being spun out is frustrating, but it's even moreso when you're watching the AI drivers slam into and shunt one another with no consequences.

I got silver last night. It would have been Platinum, but I was spun out by Rick Scott in turn 1 which damaged my steering.

Please repair the AI. Repair it and patch it into Autosport, don't save the changes for the next GRID title!

The party challenge is tricky but I've managed to get platinum.... I found the best thing to do is hang back a few feet from the car in 11th place on the first corner.  Take the corner wide from the left and just as the last car is exiting the corner, turn in and stay to the right up the hill.  The AI tend to stick to the left and very often will crash allowing you to power up the hill and get into 4th or 5th place before the next corner.  You can then pick the remaining cars off one by one.

Don't attempt to overtake any AI on the outside as you go round a turn, they'll just smash into you and send you off into the grass.  I always go on the inside and use their cars to get round the turn (which btw would be a big no-no in multiplayer lol).  

Hope this helps.

XoxFlukeXox said:

Don't attempt to overtake any AI on the outside as you go round a turn, they'll just smash into you and send you off into the grass.  I always go on the inside and use their cars to get round the turn (which btw would be a big no-no in multiplayer lol).  

Hope this helps.

I plan on giving it another go when I have some spare time. You know, I actually was on the inside when I went for the overtake, but all that speed off the straight coupled with a late brake means you can't  risk contact. I thought I was in the clear but I was mistaken.

Ajax075 said:

I found the best thing to do is hang back a few feet from the car in 11th place on the first corner.  Take the corner wide from the left and just as the last car is exiting the corner, turn in and stay to the right up the hill.

Traction control - on or off?

DLT222 said:
Traction control - on or off?

I got my best run with traction on.... It seemed to put me in the right place at the right time for the first corner.