Sign in to follow this  

Pick a team....any team!!

Just seen the reveal about in '14 you can now start your career with any team, be it Caterham o Mercedes..... But i ask myself will the career mode be a bit pointless now if you jump straight into the quickest car and win the championship? Unless career has changed alittle and we will 'live the life' like in '10...... Any thoughts people? :smile: 

If you don't want it to be pointless don't join a top team? I don't get what people's problem is with this. If you want to start at a smaller team and work your way up then do

It's all good to me APR193 just questioning how different will career mode be this year... Maybe each team has it's own  character, and therefore expectation of you, and if you fail to reach a set target you get canned and kicked out to a lower team..... Could be interesting!!

It's all good to me APR193 just questioning how different will career mode be this year... Maybe each team has it's own  character, and therefore expectation of you, and if you fail to reach a set target you get canned and kicked out to a lower team..... Could be interesting!!

Wasn't trying to have a go at you or anything its just the people that do complain about this seem to think they're being forced to join a top team, or are somehow bothered that other people can join a top team and win a title earlier than they can if they join a small team. Why does it bother some people what others do in single player?

Sure mate but then again these forums were designed for people to complain about everything it seems LOL! ;)..... really looking forward to Oct 17!! If the career mode is how i think i will be it should be great!!! Imagine if you perform badly and get rejected, maybe you then have to resestablish yourself with better performances... it could also become a bit RPGish in the future on newgen, it could bring a system where if you perform badly, you may have to reduce you stock (how much you would charge a team to drive for them, like a salary system) but with better performances your price will then go up again.... good idea no?

This is a good decision in my opinion. We've had four games now of having to work from a lower team to get to a higher team. It gets a bit tedious having to do that every year so being able to choose any team now is a welcome option.

This is good news, no more having to waste time doing a season or two to get to a top team!!

Definitely joining Mercedes, will love being Hamilton's team mate! :D

Yeah of course hammyfan123 at least that way you will never have a problem with your no 6 Merc whereas HAM will get all the bad luck!! LOL!! ;)

Definitely joining Mercedes, will love being Hamilton's team mate! :D

Yeah of course hammyfan123 at least that way you will never have a problem with your no 6 Merc whereas HAM will get all the bad luck!! LOL!! ;)

hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Good feature, hope it stays for next years release. No different from fifa career mode where you can start with Real Madrid for example.

I think it's a smart idea from the devs, as I've been playing from the start so the way I look at it I've served me time and now I'm going to drive for a top team, 

I also think it's a good idea. I don't always want to start at a lower team and take three seasons to get to the top, because I just don't have the time. I think now I'd probably start at somewhere like Force India and then I'd maybe go to Williams and Mercedes.

Araqiel said:

Where was it revealed that you could start with any team?

Steve Hood's twitter (T4RG4)

Maybe I'm being stupid,  but I don't see anything of the sort there. I assume it's from after the reveal. Could you link to the tweet for me?

Araqiel said:

Araqiel said:

Maybe I'm being stupid,  but I don't see anything of the sort there. I assume it's from after the reveal. Could you link to the tweet for me?

https://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/496604519388938241

I love this actually. I often restart my career (sometimes mid season, sometimes after 2 seasons) when I think of another scenario I want to run through. Most of the times I want to start with a challenge for the first season, but it would be nice to start with Mercedes or Ferrari for a change.

I think though in F1 2014 Marussia would be my first choice for career in the lower tier, anything but that ugly Caterham nosecone. Force India, Williams and Ferrari would also be interesting choices for me.

Araqiel said:

Araqiel said:

Here it is!!!! :wink: 

mike96 said:
Araqiel said:

Araqiel said:

Thanks (and thanks hammymansell as well) - I didn't click 'Tweets and Replies' so I didn't see that. Not a Twitter user, see. Great news though, time to start thinking about a decision I guess... McLaren is my first thought, seeing as they had a rookie this year.