DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT3 Custom Liveries, Mods & Tools, Discussion etc

789ifyz said:
@Anths95 welcome to the forums!

Nice liveries there.

Also, did you know they have an Anime and Manga thread here? It's in the off-topic discussions. You should consider bookmarking it. Here's the link to the thread: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/109/anime-manga-thread-vol-1/p1

Just a heads up: the next time I address you directly on this particular thread, it will likely be to bombard you with requests, so brace yourself!

So, yeah. Welcome to the forums. Hope you have a good time here!
Thank you very much! 

Glad you like them! I have a few for GAS and Grid, as well :smile: 

I'll check it out later, thanks for the link, I wasn't aware that was here!

And yeah, that's fine, just keep in mind I may take a while, and I am limited by what I can find renders of  (I do draw my own art, both of cars and of anime, but I do it all with traditional media, so it usually looks weird on video game cars). That being said I'd be happy to make some liveries for you! What shows do you like, so I know what characters you'll be looking for (this is just for my own curiosity)? 

Thanks! Nice to meet you!

@Anths95 okay, here we go. I should probably work on some of these myself, but I'm lazy and you seem to be a better livery maker...

The request bombardment will list the anime/manga in bold w/ requests from that manga under it. Most are just character requests. here goes:

Naruto

1. Itachi, ShaRinnegan Sasuke, Madara, Shisui

2. Rikudou Madara, Rikudou Obito, Rikudou/Ashura Naruto

3. Susano'o

4. Hagoromo, Kaguya, Hamura, Ashura, Indra

5. The Last movie characters

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood [Personal Favourite]

1. Anime as a whole

2. Elrics (inc Hohenheim)

3. Mustang and his crew

4. Elric Brothers, Winry, Pinako

5. Homunculi

6. Xingese characters

7. Scar

8. Father and Hohenheim

Oregairu

1. Hikkigaya Hachiman [Favourite Character EVER]

Attack on Titan

1. Levi/Leevai/Revaire (however you spell it)

2. Levi Squad

3. Mikasa (mostly), some other characters

Dragonball/DBZ

1. Saiyans

2. Frieza & Cell

3. Piccolo

Soul Eater

1. Death the Kid

Nozaki-kun

1. Nozaki

Angel Beats

1. Kanade

Death Note

1. L

2. Light Yagami

3. M, N

4. Shinigami

Zankyou no Terror

1. Spinx

2. Det. Shibazaki

That's it for now. I had more requests in my head, but forgot them as I typed. Though, I guess these are probably a bit too much already....

You can decide which cars to mod, but I would prefer the liveries for the EVO X, but again, the car is up to you. Hope this isn't too much trouble. and thanks in advanced.

@789ifyz 
Wow you seriously weren't kidding lol. That's a lot of liveries. I'll tell you what, I'll whittle this down and work on one or two next time I open up some liveries, and then we can go from there lol. I definitely would love to do the Mikasa car and the Death the Kid car (I watched half of AoT so I know and like Mikasa, and I've seen some of Soul Eater and I love Death the Kid), the rest I haven't seen. I know for a fact I don't like Naruto and Dragonball Z, so I probably won't do those two shows simply because I would never drive a car with those liveries on them myself, lol. But I'll try to do the Oregairu one too since you like that character so much, and I'd like to watch Fullmetal Alchemist so maybe when I watch it I can make some of those too! 

Doing the Evo isn't a problem although I do sometimes spread it across different cars, but I've already got an Evo template with all the base livery stuff cleaned off so that would be easy enough I think. 

@Anths95 heeeheeeheee :smiley:

Well, whenever you get round to watching FMA, try Brotherhood. It's better than the original and apparetnly closer to the manga. I haven't read the manga, so I can't confirm the latter point, but those on the anime/manga thread say it's true, so I'll take their word for it.

RookieOne said:
I wonder if ACAT will be updated for the new version that just came out today ^_^
So it doesn't work anymore? If the modder is still around, maybe he will. Hopefully it works now in LAN, too ^^.

Don't know yet, will have to test it, but i'm not sure that it will work with the new version codemaster got out

Now that this year's lectures are over, I have some more free time, between revising for exams.

So, I was planning on releasing my U. Gamr livery... after exams (around mid-May), or on my Birthday (start of August)...
I was also thinking of starting a new personal livery for next year. I do still plan on doing that, but how it progresses and whether or not it is finished depends entirely on how lazy I feel.

Also, @Marlec , if you still want me to do that Insane Particles for DiRT 2, just respond to this or PM me. I seem to have misplaced it, and I'd like to confirm someone still wants the mod before I go about trying to find that game again.

I'm just here to see some old friends and see what RallyGamer has been up to.
Need to get a bigger hard drive before I start downloading his mods again.

To Do List:
- get the China-Malaysia-Croatia better color mod
- Better Engine Sound Mod
- Better Physics Mod
- Reinstall my Hummer Skin 

as I read thru the comments, I'm realizing I reeeeeeally need a bigger hard drive.
so much more excellent mods and liveries.  
nice job to every one

IMHO, 789ifyz Particle Mod is long over due mod that most of us have been waiting for.
It's the Michael Bay of  Particle Mod that TRULY ups the eye candy of what Codemaster have done right about the this game.
Yes DiRT3 IS NOT A SIM, I get that since RBR is still King, but Assetto Corsa is creeping up fast on that Rally Genre.
Still, look at this
[img] http://i.imgur.com/PiDwCKB.jpg[/img]
can you make it any more sexier than that? this is eye candy with deep deep tooth decay and tooth ache of pain...so sweet you will want more.

My Wishlist is ACAT also get a resurrection so we all can enjoy this game at its fullest
http://youtu.be/naJ4jOl8Tc4
http://youtu.be/46dKVy7kTgU

@Ledanek Glad you like it! I'll go dig out DiRT2, then, but the mod will take a rather long while, especially with revision, since the Particle Systems aren't nearly as neat and easy to mod as DiRT3's are... plus there's like a kajilion more of them!

As for your question:
Ledanek said:

Still, look at this
[img] http://i.imgur.com/PiDwCKB.jpg[/img]
can you make it any more sexier than that? this is eye candy with deep deep tooth decay and tooth ache of pain...so sweet you will want more.

I'm hoping the next engine will be, and I'm pretty sure the next DiRT game will be at stock... and once I've played about with it a bit, well... I can't wait to see what it will be truly capable of. :wink: 

One question: for a while, I've been wondering whether the glitching with the particles disappearing in multi-car/stadium events and sometimes in Kenya Rally has something to do with a lack of V-Ram on my end. I only have 1GB. If you have more, can you let me know if you experience those glitches, or if it's the same.
Thanks. :smiley: 

Will do

Since you a modder, can I make a personalized request: 

I don't monopolize/make money on DiRT3 Youtube, but, I would like to personalize the watermark
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwPPkRvaxkQ6QTVhQmowX0lqYlU/view?usp=sharing
Personalized watermark by KGIXXER7 years ago, but when I tried to reinstall again, the PSSG file got corrupted.
Please, help me get a working pssg file for the frontend folder, please thanks

@Ledanek I'll take a look. I've never edited pssg's besides the livery ones, though. Do you remember the name of the pssg, and/or the folder wherein it's located? That would be great help. Thanks.

Is there anyone with some ambition to write a bit of code that would automate changing liveries?  It would be great to have a GUI to select the skin then pick the slot to load it to without all the hunting a picking.  Maybe Im a little lazy.

789ifyz said:
@Ledanek I'll take a look. I've never edited pssg's besides the livery ones, though. Do you remember the name of the pssg, and/or the folder wherein it's located? That would be great help. Thanks.
I'm at work, I'll try to dig up the name of the pssg file.
meantime, just in case you don't have this awesome website for working on modding for various DiRT games http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/
It has the pssg editor and other mods

thanks in advance

nice thing in the completed edition : 
Every DLC is actually integrated in the game completly, so we see every car liveries in the games files

RookieOne said:
nice thing in the completed edition : 
Every DLC is actually integrated in the game completly, so we see every car liveries in the games files
I still want ACAT to get resurrected ....
4/5/2015...the current ACAT4 available at rallygamer's playground doesn't work...it removes the free DLCs

Hey,

Some of you may know me from RaceDepartment, but for those who don't:

Hi, I'm Wizrd - I usually make F1 2014 Mods - The Formula E Mod amongst other random skins - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/wizrdzombi.207102/

These are my first DiRT 3 skins, its a bit different working without a 3D template, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done:

Stickerbomb Livery for the Mini Rally Car - 'Slimebomb'

Black VW Race Touareg - 'Black Bull'

I wasn't planning to upload these, but if anyone wants them, I'd be more than happy to share them. Please don't hesitate to give your opinion.

Wizrd

789ifyz said:
Finally figured it out, and got it working on my replays.
If I start finding time, I'll make another replay video, highlighting your mod.

@hoonhead

Hope you wouldn't mind, about the my co-workers Subbie STI, I'll use your: 
Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI SRT USA
Livery: SRT USA 4x Rally America National Championship titles car
Driver & codriver: David Higgins & Craig Crew
Rally: Olympus Rally 2012
...as my base....only thing I'm changing are:
- replace the license plate with her actual license plate
- add her name on the windshield ....as seen here:
http://youtu.be/XXJPC_wOYUw

So I just discovered somebody added cars to the game:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/subaru-wrc-mod

Well they aren't actual new cars, as they are Gymkhana cars ported to the rally discipline.

Just tried with the FREE DLC STEAM version. Unfortunately, it removes/does not show in My Dirt with the FREE DLC with this mod.
I'll wait for the ACAT

Oscar97 said:
So I just discovered somebody added cars to the game:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/subaru-wrc-mod

Well they aren't actual new cars, as they are Gymkhana cars ported to the rally discipline.

@Oscar97 I think there was also a mod that actually did add cars. It added the EVO IX, I think the Nissan... and one other one to DiRT3, and, apart from some texture glitching in wet/rainy weather, it worked pretty well. Not sure if it works with Complete Edition, though.

Speaking of CE, or, as @Ledanek rightly put it, Free DLC Version (D3FDLCV), it doesn't seem to want to let me record it... I was planning to do a playthrough, but it seems that will have to wait, or perhaps be in windowed mode.
I'm also having trouble finding my DiRT2 copy. I did recently find Colin McRae Rally, and the poster that came with it, but that's the PS1 version, so no recording possible for me.

Hey,

Some of you may know me from RaceDepartment, but for those who don't:

Hi, I'm Wizrd - I usually make F1 2014 Mods - The Formula E Mod amongst other random skins - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/wizrdzombi.207102/

These are my first DiRT 3 skins, its a bit different working without a 3D template, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done:

Stickerbomb Livery for the Mini Rally Car - 'Slimebomb'

Black VW Race Touareg - 'Black Bull'

I wasn't planning to upload these, but if anyone wants them, I'd be more than happy to share them. Please don't hesitate to give your opinion.

Wizrd
how can ı dowmload vw black bull?