Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

PC Patch 20/08/2014

Just to let you know a new patch is currently scheduled for deployment today (20th Aug) for the PC and the full list of changes can be found below:

·        Stability Improvement - Improved the stability of the game when navigating through the front end menus of the game for extended periods.

·        Save Fix - Fixed save issues which caused corruption when uninstalling previously used DLC packages.

·        Stability Improvement - Resolved issues which could cause multiplayer hosts to crash if clients became desynced during online eliminator events.

·        RaceNet Fix - Fixed certain instances of players not receiving their awards or achievements when competing in certain RaceNet challenges.

·        Stability Improvement - Fixed issues which could have sporadically caused players to crash when entering or leaving Time Trial events.

·        Stability Improvement - Resolved Time Attack related crashes which occurred during certain RaceNet challenge scenarios.

·        DLC Fixes - Integrated multiple fixes for upcoming DLC packages to optimise stability and compatibility.

·        Online Fix - (Drift) – Fixed issues which in some cases could have caused players to become stuck in a black screen when competing in online drift sessions.

·        Messaging Improvement - improved game messaging under certain scenarios where players are attempting to access online functionality without an active internet connection.

·        Save Fix - Added prevention measures to ensure save file does not read as corrupted if certain save file components are deleted.

·        Save Fix - Added a preventative fix to stop save game corruption if controller action maps are invalid.

·        Save Fix - Added chunk header to DLC initialisation to help prevent future corruption of save games.

·        Text Fix - (Japanese) - Fixed issues which prevented certain text strings from appearing correctly in Japanese language.

·        Audio Fix - (Splitscreen) - Added a preventative fix to stop mode specific music from playing incorrectly within the menu selection screens after a race session had previously finished.

·        Online Fix - The online repairs/wear and tear functionality has been reworked following feedback from the community.

·        Online Fix - A restorative fix has been implemented to ensure that players who had previously lost vehicle level data (reset to level one) will now have this data partially restored.

·        Graphical Fix - Resolved issues on certain PC configurations which caused lighting artefacts on night races when advanced lighting was enabled. 

so @pappawhiskey89 you have the new PC patch and it did NOT restore your corrupted save? Doesnt give me very high hopes to get my save restored when they release the console patch. If it does not restore my save I will move heaven and earrh to get a refund. I refuse to wait any longer for CM to fix something that has been going on since release of game.

as of 9th September, i officially wont care anymore as i have pre ordered destiny as well as the rest of the world.

Really?.....This is the whole problem, this is exactly what keeps this snowball of Devs releasing unfinished games!! Stop the madness with your wallet!

Check this out and think before you preorder.......preorder is the tool that perpetuates this unacceptable behavior.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/10/well-fix-it-later-why-do-gamers-accept-brokenunfinished-products/

Zebrawire said:

as of 9th September, i officially wont care anymore as i have pre ordered destiny as well as the rest of the world.

Really?.....This is the whole problem, this is exactly what keeps this snowball of Devs releasing unfinished games!! Stop the madness with your wallet!

Check this out and think before you preorder.......preorder is the tool that perpetuates this unacceptable behavior.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/10/well-fix-it-later-why-do-gamers-accept-brokenunfinished-products/

I'm behind this guy 100% -- please check my post:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3301/graduate-calibre-the-key-to-success-and-failure

Rather than bitch and moan -- how can we change the system?

Post your ideas all you like -- but let's get some grunt behind this -- I'm open to messeges -- let's make a change.

This is the start -- change starts now.

Get involved.

Had high hopes for this PC patch but still not able to fix my corrupted save. I thought the patch would recover corrupted data?

Really sorry to hear it hasn't @apawhiskey89, the dev team have asked if they can get a copy of your save file to take a look at.

If you can go to into “*steam install dir*\userdata\*userid*\255220” and send all the files in this folder to communitysupport@codemasters.com I'll pass it on to them. It would be helpful to know the spec of your rig so please send that over too.

Im on the 360 and it looks like upgrading the cars is corrupting the files. All I did was run the Lancia Delta challenge and went from Gold to Plat and when I was done went to my cars and to the Lancia. One thing I thought was strange was the car jumped from lvl 14 to level 20. I upgraded the car in 2 more spots now a total of 3. Iwent and cosed the game out like I should then went back to check it before I back it up and it was corrupted. Luckly I backup my save after each session so I dont get pissed off if it does happen. Backing up to a USB might take afew minutes cause you have to check your save first but its worth it.

Had high hopes for this PC patch but still not able to fix my corrupted save. I thought the patch would recover corrupted data?

Really sorry to hear it hasn't @apawhiskey89, the dev team have asked if they can get a copy of your save file to take a look at.

If you can go to into “*steam install dir*\userdata\*userid*\255220” and send all the files in this folder to communitysupport@codemasters.com I'll pass it on to them. It would be helpful to know the spec of your rig so please send that over too.

Will do.

@justbiglee I take it there's no console info besides Sony is ready to go ?

Great, after promoting this game even after two account blocked with the save corruption bug here is what I get as a reward 30 minutes before a club event I tried to do to keep guys playing: my 3rd account just got locked with same problem. WHOOOoOOOOOoHOUUUuUUU !

Restarted it with a save game I made this week... Just lost a bunch of cars, 27 online levels... About 8 hours racing. Is it coming or what ? Most addicted fans are getting REALLY pistoff. Not for loosing save game... No, for loosing it constantly and have to wait for a fix to be released among 354 other fixes.

Please, other time something major like this affect the game, fix that alone, then release other fixes.

Save corruption are driving customers nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!

After my Corrupt Save on my 360, I was able to start over with two separate save spots using copy onto the backup spot every time I finish playing the game. I no longer play any portion except the challenges every week ,without any purchases of vehicles or upgrades to the only car in my garage. This Sucks, but I have almost made a million dollars so.. I guess the fun of car purchase/upgrade will wait for the coming winter..I mean Patch. Most likely a Sasquatch will come by the garden first....

Went to a NEW REVIEW released yesterday on this game and you guessed it, not one mention of any bugs or pronlems? How the hell could a  reviewer not hear of these issues or did he just not want to mention them for fear of the big bad wolf knoxking his door down. Disgraceful. I am not saying I dont like the game, but for any consumer yet to have purchased it, I would certainly want to know about them. And I find it hard to believe that the person reviewing the game didnt.

saxerrts said:

Went to a NEW REVIEW released yesterday on this game and you guessed it, not one mention of any bugs or pronlems? How the hell could a  reviewer not hear of these issues or did he just not want to mention them for fear of the big bad wolf knoxking his door down. Disgraceful. I am not saying I dont like the game, but for any consumer yet to have purchased it, I would certainly want to know about them. And I find it hard to believe that the person reviewing the game didnt.

I really think we need to start to inform the game media about this issue on consoles so that everybody knows.

@loore if it is true that the ps fix is ready why are rhey not releasing it? Surely they are not in bed with Microsoft so why not get the fix live first? Seems to me that would be what they would want to do, beat xbox.

saxerrts said:

Reviewer are usually paid and only play a small amount. Reviews are just first impressions of a few hours of gameplay

@loore said as soon as microsoft or sony give go ahead patch will go live next day . biglee says sony is but has said to guy it wont probably go live by friday 22, hum more lies cm ? 

saxerrts said:
@loore if it is true that the ps fix is ready why are rhey not releasing it? Surely they are not in bed with Microsoft so why not get the fix live first? Seems to me that would be what they would want to do, beat xbox.

@loore is on vacation try asking @justbiglee‌ .

pc pc pc pc....... And Console? Is our money less then from pc gamers?

Only bla bla bla from cm...

Everey game the Same.....full of fails 

from what i heard playstation have patch and it was ok and microsoft rejected patch so they had to look over the patch fix and re send to microsoft

saxerrts said:

Maybe you should start sharing these sites with the rest of us so we can make some comments or try to contact someone there to voice our frustrations with their coverage, or lack there of, of known issues.

if you click support on this site and then there is a contact phone number it takes them about 30 mins to answer but its a local call so i held on and complained i think more of you should do same

We have offcom offtel etc.

Surely there must be a governing body we can complain too.

People power let's put a stop to these cowboys once and for all.

We have offcom offtel etc.

Surely there must be a governing body we can complain too.

People power let's put a stop to these cowboys once and for all.

See my earlier post. I got a refund from MS. I've seen at least one person on this forum getting a refund from Sony and Im sure Steam would cave if you kicked up a fuss in numbers.

Take the money away from 'em.......Thats the only solution and the problem with Codies over the last 4/5 years will not be fixed until this solution is taken up by the consumer.