Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

well @justbiglee has gone quiet on the subject which either means the patch either failed MS's tests again and its been pulled or,MS dont see it as a priority to make the patch live.
What ever the reason,I dont think we will get the truth from CM considering the backlash they are getting from everyone on here.

@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌ 

I don't recall ever seeing confirmation that it was supposed to be released today. Do you have a quote I can see? Or at least a page number? 

TUSMBOX said:
@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌ 

I don't recall ever seeing confirmation that it was supposed to be released today. Do you have a quote I can see? Or at least a page number? 

Let me try to find it .

TUSMBOX said:
@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌ 

Let me try to find it .

Loore

August 14

Update on the console patches.

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks.

@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌ I'm seriously asking me questions about @TUSMBOX‌
I'm convinced he's an undercover agent working for Codemaster. He's always reacting like a pitbull when someone dares to write something down against Codemaster, or he's just a dedicated fanboy....

You would think that considering the extent and severity of the problem CM would update the patch progress DAILY!

"I checked with the guys in studio last night for you, we're just waiting on the all clear from Microsoft and the PS3 one is now scheduled in and has a live date.
You'll have to forgive me for not sharing that date though, I'd hate to post it up and then have something go wrong at the last minute. I'll let you know as soon as I know they've gone live".  

@justbiglee Why cant you give us the live date for PS3. Why reveal that you know the live Date but not tell us, so at least then we have some kind of hope even if it maybe delayed...Don't leave us in the dark like you have been for weeks.

Regards marty412

@justbiglee come on inform your clients on what the hell is going on with this so called patch.

so much hope has changed to complete frustration.

ok Cm, I'm playing and enjoying it very much, I've had 2 corrupted save data , no problem for me , the problem has happened with the unkept promises, who's playing until today will continue playing , it must be admitted that something is very wrong and you might not have repair .

you could then change the strategy and not promise more dates, so I suppose if CM don't respond quickly request for news , is because there's no news . at least update the game for who's playing and enjoying it, there are new changes ready that appear to be pretty cool but are awaiting  the solution of the problem of csd 

consider those who are playing CM best fans and customers and repay us with news.

Thank you

I rember him saying (loore) that it was supposed to go live at the end of this week but alsi that it was not written in stone. He was very careful to say SHOULD so when CM dropped the ball we would not all want to lynch him.

saxerrts said:
I rember him saying (loore) that it was supposed to go live at the end of this week but alsi that it was not written in stone. He was very careful to say SHOULD so when CM dropped the ball we would not all want to lynch him.

Loore

August 14

Update on the console patches.

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks.

why is intel sponsoring such a broken game with the intel challenge do they know how broken it is. Ive emailed intel to say its really good that they sponsor this challenge, but since the game is so broken the majority of us cannot play it and CM have been vague in response to there clients questions.

i hope intel didnt pay for this sponsorship, fact is they are not getting any value for their money.

berre said:

I'm convinced he's an undercover agent working for Codemaster. He's always reacting like a pitbull when someone dares to write something down against Codemaster, or he's just a dedicated fanboy....

Or maybe I just tell it like it is. If you've noticed, which you haven't, I have brought up several points against CM, like their recycled "Disc Locked Content," repetitive playlist rotations, the current "garage/level" limitations, upgrade glitches, etc. But, no, someone as simple minded as you doesn't see anything past surface level. You are but a mere troll here to gain popularity by going with the flow of hatred for Codemasters.

And my original point still stands. Loore never confirmed the patch would be here by now, he said "expected to be" live. But, people here are known for reading only what they want to see, instead the entire story. 

TUSMBOX said:
berre said:

Or maybe I just tell it like it is. If you've noticed, which you haven't, I have brought up several points against CM, like their recycled "Disc Locked Content," repetitive playlist rotations, the current "garage/level" limitations, upgrade glitches, etc. But, no, someone as simple minded as you doesn't see anything past surface level. You are but a mere troll here to gain popularity by going with the flow of hatred for Codemasters.

And my original point still stands. Loore never confirmed the patch would be here by now, he said "expected to be" live. But, people here are known for reading only what they want to see, instead the entire story. 

I read where it said expected to be I guess I thought of his wording that they were right on it that it would be here by Friday , and I bet he also thought the same thing . 

I guess no one doing review ever went far enough to buy $100 000 garage spots, that seem to be the common point for the corruption among my 3 accounts affected.

BTW, we ARE at the end of the "Next week" now... Where is the fix ? :(

TUSMBOX said:
berre said:

I'm well aware that it was never officially stated and set in stone that the patch would finally arrive no later than today.  However, "should" creates an air of expectation.  See if you can follow me here:  If I have a friend who is for whatever reason in need of a car ride to or from somewhere and he calls up and asks me if I can give him a lift, and my response is "I should be there around 4".   How does he process that?  He's thinking, maybe a little before 4, maybe a little after 4...  But if I show up at 11, and don't even bother to inform him of this and provide explanation, how do you think he'd react?  How would you react?

I've only seen your posts in this particular thread, but I certainly don't know how your response on my comment about hoping for the patch by today was in any way "telling it like it is."  Sorry, just don't see it.

@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌  sorry I said SHOULD when his terminology was " expected" surely that is not why you pulled my post? Expect and should go live are fairly the same way of saying if it does not happen dont bite my head off.

@Naberios‌ I have no idea who you are, honestly, and nothing I said had anything to do with any of your comments. My "tell it like it is" statement was in response to being labeled a fanboy. I don't simply go on about how good the game is. It has flaws, I know this, and I've brought them up.

And as for your other statement, that entire situation is all in your hands. From what we've been told, the patch has to go through Sony/MS before it gets to us and that's the reason for the delay. Whether you believe that or not is your choice.

saxerrts said:

@V8R3L3NTL3SS1‌  sorry I said SHOULD when his terminology was " expected" surely that is not why you pulled my post? Expect and should go live are fairly the same way of saying if it does not happen dont bite my head off.

Wrong post man sorry.

There has got to be a way as consumers we can light a fire under CM asses to either tell us something or refund our money and call this abortion a loss. If anyone has any ideas on what can be done, that would be a good post. I for one am tired of creating new screennames and starting over only to be let down and disappointed.  It Is an unfinished unplayable game tjat has nearly had two months to be fixed and they cant do it. GIVE ME A REFUND NOW! I refuse to wait for no word when they give an " expected " live date. Dont make the date POST WHY WITH NEW DATE OR REFUND ALL THE PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THIS!!!!!

Well I just sent GameStop a request for a refund for my broken game. Of course I explained in detail what the problem is and what CM has done about it, which is nothing. I did this through the Official Contact at the bottom of their website. Will post here when I get a response. I didn't want to just do it at my local store, I wanted to let GS know what is going on also. I say well all spam any and all outlets, including online magazines, on what is going on with this game and all other devs who continue to give us the shaft. That is what we can do about it, help take money from CM's fat wallet for their terrible service, and broken games and broken promises.