Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

Damn' .... what if these guys were BRAIN SURGEONS  huh?      huh?

........Well these days they keep the numbers on all kinds of surgeons.  Hah.... now we can find out the percentages.   You know..... how many this one killed last year,  oh yes,     ...Or how many never walked again after Sir Blastington-Farnarkle FRCS  fracked their hip joint right up ..........

SO NOW THE GAME IS  UP FOR USELESS QUACKS!

For once in our lives the likes of you and I get to find out the <real dirt> on 'em.

They don' like all this?      Well pass me my handkerchief so I can dry my cryin' eyes!

Quacks, half of 'em,  ...stand on me...

Innit!     yeah ......   what you say?   innit..... what you say?  .....innit?

THE ASSHOLES  TAKE THE EASY CASES?   WHAT?

And the dead-set real good talented & caring surgeons are left with all the difficult patients that need some kinda magic beyond mortal hands .........   and so the real good guys are the ones that end up looking CRAP on paper.

You know,  low low down on the league tables of surgeons. That's where the good guys can end up.

Perhaps it's a bit like that with g..g ....ger  g  ger ger GAMES an' stuff.......

<be a shame to bad-mouth guys away from the cutting edge>

Huh .......... I reckon .............innit.

le jeu de drive club sur ps4 a été reculé de 10 mois car il n'était pas au point . a mon avis grid autosport est sorti beaucoup trop tôt et maintenant on a 1  jeu pourri par les sauvegardes corrompus , je suis dégoûte et je crois que je n'achèterais plus de jeu a codemasters . 

Gimme a crew of  messy savants,  men & women able to deliver something <special> in the blend of purity and arcade-ism that defines the dynamics of a lotsafun driving experience.

I don't care if the thing takes awhile to clean up.

I want a touch of flair, a canny bit of talent .... not desktops as tidy as ten-year-old-girls' pencilcases..........

Think of it as the beta-build you get in a world of consoles that sure don' do beta builds.

Think of console hardware/architecture as still being in something like a first-world-war fighterplane era.

Don't force developers to work within a less risky envelope that robs us of the lotsafun factor. 

By my standards Codemasters look like a crew worth watching.  Keep yer eye on the ball I say to all.

It's a g..g ...ger  g  ger ger GAME  ....... even real cars that kill people have recalls.......

But Kim,   that's suuuch a negative image...   (recent scienterrific analysis of the optical imprint of the shroud reveal blah and bore and on & on & jeez I'm rolling round the floor laffing my ass off...)

NoSskilz said:

I say the patch will be here on Wednesday, Im saying that cause its my birthday

What year are you referring too? your 2021 birthday? lol   It'll probably be here before most of die but all I'm hoping for at this point is before holloween.

Anyone reading this thread for actual hints to the corrupt save reason or is this just a room to complain? Im sure someone in programing knows what is causing the corrupt files but I just wanted to share my personal experience yesterday. I owned 15 cars, all touring and open wheel. Did the touring challenge with my owned ute and it progressed from lvl 29 to lvl 30. I bought the brake upgrade and then went to online racing. The first time the ute came up in the lobby we all got stuck with it for 4 races in a row. We all left the lobby suspecting something was wrong. I turned off and restarted my xbox and save was corrupt, same thing for a friend of mine that was in the room. Hope this helps in some way to get us a fix on this incredibly fun and entertaining game. Thank god for backups!!!

Unfortunately our Plus online backups get overwritten that next morning with the corrupt file. I just shut mine off when done playing. Overnight the game uploads the - now - corrupt file onto plus. Next time I load game, I get corrupt file notice. And my online backup is corrupt too. Screwed.

@restapuken‌ In case you didnt know CM is not a new developer we should keep our eye on they have been around since ps1 days and should never have these growing pains.  That is why I for one am so pissed. They have made some of the very best car racing games I have ever played and have no excuse other than greed for releasing a game with this many GAME KILLING problems.

nah, in 2021 we will be on grid 6 on ps5 and still get save file corrupted. :wink: 

In 2021 Codemaster will already be 6 years bankrupt after the Grid Autosport game save bug, if they aren't no way I will buy grid 6. At my place we don't buy "garbage", we get rid of it!

Im thinking the save corruption has to do with the autosave. I have a backup save for the 360 and any one little change I do to it it no matter what it is it goes corrupt. If I turn off TC it goes corrupt it dont maater what it is it happens

saxerrts said:

@restapuken‌ In case you didnt know CM is not a new developer we should keep our eye on they have been around since ps1 days 

I suspect he was joking, but CM been around a lot longer than that. They've been making games since the 80s.

@scottishwildcat‌ yeah and they use their so-called reputation to sell crap nowadays!

@scottishwildcat‌  if he was joking i didnt get it, lol. And I meant as far as consoles. PC and other gaming devices are I expect quite different than console gaming. CM have made some of what I would call the best user friendly without being NFS games I have ever played. It really makes me wonder what has happened. How can a company that was the best in the business of making this type game go so wrong wih the last few titles?

berre said:

nah, in 2021 we will be on grid 6 on ps5 and still get save file corrupted. :wink: 

In 2021 Codemaster will already be 6 years bankrupt after the Grid Autosport game save bug, if they aren't no way I will buy grid 6. At my place we don't buy "garbage", we get rid of it!

U sure love talking about codemasters and grid . You got corrupted like everyone else but your acting like a spoiled little brat. If I'm the only one thinking this , well I'm not . Quit moaning it happened and it happened in grid2 , do I think its wrong yes. But you need to put your big girl panties on and deal with it . 

can i remind you its a bank holiday weekend this weekend but now i need a small bit of time as my internet has played up at the wrong moment

can i remind you its a bank holiday weekend this weekend but now i need a small bit of time as my internet has played up at the wrong moment

A bank holiday where?  Since it's currently in MS's hands (reportedly), then I don't think a holiday in CM's home country will have any effect on the patches release.  Unless it's denied, again.

berre said:

U sure love talking about codemasters and grid . You got corrupted like everyone else but your acting like a spoiled little brat. If I'm the only one thinking this , well I'm not . Quit moaning it happened and it happened in grid2 , do I think its wrong yes. But you need to put your big girl panties on and deal with it . 

As a paying customer, berre and anyone else has the right to be upset and voice their frustration when sold a broken product.  If everyone just kept quiet, then we'd be effectively saying that it's okay to release a game in this kind of state.  Which it is not.  If you don't like reading all these negative comments, then I guess you'll just have to deal with that.

MLT24 said:

Unfortunately our Plus online backups get overwritten that next morning with the corrupt file. I just shut mine off when done playing. Overnight the game uploads the - now - corrupt file onto plus. Next time I load game, I get corrupt file notice. And my online backup is corrupt too. Screwed.

Turn automatic save/upload to Cloud off. Upload the file yourself

@Loore, I'm so Freaking Mad at you and your Team right now... I can't understand for the life of me why my Online (Cars and Stats are directly linked to MY SAVE GAME) Why can't this data be kept online, like my stats?????????? WTF???????????? Its bad enough to get a Data Corrupt, but then you expect us to wait until the patch or start over!!!!!  How would you like to work on Gaming Code for 3 weeks only to come into work and it be Deleted!!!!!! This patch can't come soon enough!!!!  :s

I guess no one doing review ever went far enough to buy $100 000 garage spots, that seem to be the common point for the corruption among my 3 accounts affected.

BTW, we ARE at the end of the "Next week" now... Where is the fix ? :(

The Garage Spot has to be the link. I purchased one last night, and sure enough Game Data Corrupt this morning. I just don't understand why Online and Offline have to be linked together. I will not be Purchasing F12014 if these issues aren't resolved quickly. We were told Patch would go live by the end of the week, which has come and gone.