Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

I've just about given up on ever seeing this game working correctly now. The whole experience has left the sourest of tastes in my mouth. 

Although I've been playing online games for 15 years I've never played a real racing game online. My appetite was whetted by racing on GTA V and me and a group of friends decided to try the multiplayer of a real racing game online. I wish I hadn't bothered. If I'd known then what I know now about Codemasters' ineptness when it comes to fixing and patching their games I would have avoided them like the plague.

In all the time I've been playing games online I have never been subjected to this kind of incompetence and I have never abandoned a game because of its lack of support. I've played games developed by one man on his own that had much better support than G:AS. 

I've decided to stop waiting for something that seemingly is never going to happen. No regrets (it is, after all, just a video game) and I don't care about the wasted money, but I will never, ever use a Codemasters' product again.

I hear people saying that they've found a work around for the save file corruption on the ps3, can someone provide a link or explain?  I heard on guy say that he just sells all his cars before saving. And since you don't know if the save file is corrupt until you load the game, the cloud service is useless also. So should I just back up to a different location every other time I log off, that way I should have at least one good file in theory?

@BUCKTREADWELL‌ 

1. sell all the cars which values have multiplied by 4 or more
2. back up your save on 2 USB stick and alternate: f.e. today back up on stick A, tomorrow on Stick B, day after tomorrow on stick A etc.. Doing so if your save got corrupted you only loose 1 day of gaming
3.Avoid doing Racenet challenges as my last corruption was after I return to Racenet challenges after avoiding it for 2 weeks

Yes that's how we have to play with codemaster games! Great stuff isn't!

@berre‌ 

Thank you, that's what I was thinking. This time when I corrupted all my racenet challenges for this week are still intact unlike the last couple times I've lost everything. This is ridiculous.

I've heard if you stand on one leg at the top of a stepladder in just your underpants while the game saves it does not corrupt. The XBox must also be the only appliance plugged in to your mains outlets. I've also heard this could be the official fix, though it may be far fetched.

kimdurose said:

I've heard if you stand on one leg at the top of a stepladder in just your underpants while the game saves it does not corrupt. The XBox must also be the only appliance plugged in to your mains outlets. I've also heard this could be the official fix, though it may be far fetched.

gonna try this, might have to go buy some underpants 1st. although i could always wear the misus g string :blush: 

kimdurose said:

that's how I save my game. you do the same do you :D

I just created a club dedicated to all the victims of the save game corruption... (Lol)

Club name is: Save Corrupted
Tag is : COR

Logo is obviously a red warning sign with a tool in center (Warning, fix it !)
Let show the world that we do exist and  how namy we are... All accounts with corrupted save games are welcomed !!!

Humm, that could end up to be the biggest club filled with all level 1 members and no XP.    >:)

See you on the track... Ho wait... We cant race !!! Save is corrupted !
Hahaha   o:)

Note: No need to race for that team, just make it one of your 2nd inactive team... so we know who we are among us and have a proof that we are not alone !

ZalexQc / GTQCZalex / AlainAlexandre ... One Guy, Tree Corrupted Accounts, One Big Frustration !

Playing on PS3

kimdurose said:

ahahaahha funny! lol  :D

I just created a club dedicated to all the victims of the save game corruption... (Lol)

Let show the world that we do exist and  how namy we are... All accounts with corrupted save games are welcomed !!!

Humm, that could end up to be the biggest club filled with all level 1 members and no XP.    >:)

Note: No need to race for that team, just make it one of your 2nd inactive team... so we know who we are among us and have a proof that we are not alone !

ZalexQc / GTQCZalex / AlainAlexandre ... One Guy, Tree Corrupted Accounts, One Big Frustration !

man, i love this idea and sure as hell will be looking over my teams shoulder if the patch ever arrives,

should duplicate the club onto all formats and takeover the GAS world.

i predict your club will be the fastest growing club on the game and u will probably hit the 100 max members in a couple of days.

what console do u play on?

also u should post in the clubs section so u can rally some support and get members signed up ready.

i hope the patch comes soon and wish u all the best of luck.

My team is on ps3 and currently have over 30 members out with SC. hopefully see u on track eventually.

was gonna play GAS today but after i finally got signed in to my acc i found the game didnt work properly, rebooted and guess what? soooo could not be bothered to access my backups yet again.

Lol..mine corrupt 2 times today I'm level 143 

I keeping on top of it by 3way saving usb cloud 

and playing off hardrive save until it corupts

then over right with usb or cloud ... 

A fix wold be ace but this looks tuff if at all possible ?

I've had my money's worth in 2 months :) 

But yeh anoying all same BACK UP DUDES

Playing on PS3

Should change you Club Tag to: FaQ  Since that is what Codemasters is basically doing to us. 

I tend to agree with the theory that its the garage expansion slots that are causing the problem. Purchased level 70 slot (yes Second time!!) And day later save data corrupt for the second time.

So I either start from scratch for the third time or wait for the patch which means missing Intel cup!!!

Oh also is anyone élse annoyed that the exclusive black content is now available as a download?

Rutter72 said:

I tend to agree with the theory that its the garage expansion slots that are causing the problem. Purchased level 70 slot (yes Second time!!) And day later save data corrupt for the second time.

So I either start from scratch for the third time or wait for the patch which means missing Intel cup!!!

Oh also is anyone élse annoyed that the exclusive black content is now available as a download?

I only got to level 65-ish online so it's not that.

... And I'm not annoyed by that, no. I expected it. I'd rather the bloody game work, though!

Rutter72 said:

I'm level 189, no corruption.

About the Black Edition DLC, they have to pay extra for it, so I don't really mind.

36 mb and DOES NOT RESTORE CORRUPT SAVE FILES.  So I lost all that and waited for a patch and not played for weeks for NOTHING!!!!!!!

Oh dear,if that's true then some one is going to get a lot of abuse when they get back from holiday. And i'm going to get a refund!@Loore

Updated over the XMB then joined with my corrupted accounts: IT WORKED !!! :)

Removed  recent save low level on temporary working account, loaded old corrupted save game from USB, started game: IT WORKED  !!!

THANKS !!!!!!!!! :)

Said this the other day when @whiskey said he got patch for PC and didnt restore his lost files and @looe said to send it to IT and I said dont give me much hope for the xonsole patch. I mean REALLY?  Save messes up lose all your progress then wait for patch and lose even more time and possible progress and then not fix the files? If I had known that would never haave waited for the damn patch. What was the point? PISSED TO SAY THE LEAST.

Yeah, I sent them my save files and system specs. Hopefully it can shine some light on the problem.