Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

kimdurose said:

I've heard if you stand on one leg at the top of a stepladder in just your underpants while the game saves it does not corrupt. The XBox must also be the only appliance plugged in to your mains outlets. I've also heard this could be the official fix, though it may be far fetched.

gonna try this, might have to go buy some underpants 1st. although i could always wear the misus g string :blush: 

Won't work with the M's gstring.....just tried it. DAMN!!

this is why when mine corrupted at lvl 149 I just started over because no reason to wait for patch when we were clueless about when we we're getting it. So now I'm at lvl 126 so not bad. 

check my XBOX  360 seeing people saying the patch it out an no look here yet fingers crossed maybe tomorrow. (UK bank holiday)

@papawhiskey89 sorry for messing up your name lol but I am playing on PS3 and have no way of sending them any info. And it did not restore my save either. Asked if anyone else was restored and no replys yet.

Don't worry about it. Seems like the patch has worked as it was intended for some and not others. Pretty odd.

BobA1001 said:

My save was restored! But racenet does not seem to have restored all my data?

there is light at the end of the tunnel. fingers crossed xbox tomorrow. thank you for letting us no. @loore @justbiglee thank you guys and the rest of the team at @codemasters

CM has said that if the file had been "altered" in anyway that the patch wouldn't be able to recover it.  I'm not saying that anyone has intentionally altered their save file, but who knows what the system might have done to it over time.  Especially on the PS3.  My corrupt file has been sitting exactly where it was when I first got the error message (Xbox 360).  I decided to just drop the game and wait for the patch.  Hopefully this will increase any chances I might have of getting it restored.

PS3, Germany. Patch Version 1.02 came in today. I left my second corrupt savegame where it was (in the savegame Folder) and after installing the patch Game started then before loading the red saving Lights appeared (Not the Information Warning of Autosave with the red Lights) and like a Wonder the Main Menue appeared and my Progress was completely restored. But i have to say that i only played offline the Career Mode with my second savegame. So THANK YOU i can only say hoping that it will last and never goes corrupt again.

Can confirm patch is here in NZ, fixed my save which is great as I really didn't want to start again. Honestly when I read the early reports last night I was really tired & I thought I was dreaming...

Sooo, i've installed the patch from xmb bar and everything is ok. Save is back and racnet works!!!

See ya on the grid B)

Not liking the new lobby timer. Yeah it's better but it just shows how long the race has been going. Would have preferred a lap counter or allow us to spectate

Oh and forgot to mention, upgrades have a noticeable difference now. You notice the extra power and less weight. It's a good thing for the people that grinded to get a high level car, but bad for Racenet and if your garage is full and you got to use a loaner. I liked being somewhat competitive in a loaner or low level car