Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

I won't vote unless they have 3 or 4 votes or have ruined my race. They need to do something about ramming. I think they should do some kind of penalty, like 10 seconds with no flashbacks if they hit a slower car, say 20mph faster, plus fix the ratings and reward/penalise on certain colours

Color changing seems to have been working properly for the most part in the few hours I raced online last night (Xbox 360).  I'm not sure how to clear cache on the PS3, but you might want to see if there's someway you can reset your game to get that system working right, or maybe it's a PS3 version issue.  My biggest issue with that system is that it's pretty flawed to begin with.  If someone does a PIT maneuver on me, I start to slide and because other cars hit me while I have no real control over my car, I'm the one that gets penalized as a dirty racer.  It gets old pretty fast. 

I won't vote unless they have 3 or 4 votes or have ruined my race. They need to do something about ramming. I think they should do some kind of penalty, like 10 seconds with no flashbacks if they hit a slower car, say 20mph faster, plus fix the ratings and reward/penalise on certain colours
They do turn on assists when you're have a red circle. The computer takes over when you get closer to other cars. Honestly, they should do it for orange too. 

@Batman1297 @Naberios I agree with you both on the player rating colours changing. (im hosting lobby) impact rating on. we was racing an my friend hit another car as he out braked himself, that car went into me and my friend stayed white an both me an the other driver went green so its not working properly at the moment. I no off topic but AL love Pit maneuverer (hope I spelled it right) GOOD RACING TO EVERY ONE  :D

@Naberios‌ I agree with you completely on the way it changes your colour when it was working. It often penalised me when someone else hit me. It is very inconsistant with handing out penalties and changing your colour.And also the colour problem is not just mine, race with a chap who is clean and good racer (reedy racer) and when the patch came out he was orange from being in a dirty room and he has numerous clean races since and it will not change.
Reedy racer, I raced him last night. He was ok for a few races but then he started taking me out on purpose because in 1 race, I was following him, waiting for him to make a mistake. He eventually braked late, I went to the inside and stayed there so he pretty much had the whole track to play with but instead turned into me thinking he was ahead trying to block me like he'd been doing all race, I hit the grass because I was that far inside on exit and span. He then blamed me for it. It's funny though because I was being clean all night and in the previous race, I accidentally span him (again he was trying to block me) and I slowed to let him through... He plays dirty all night blocking me at every corner and exit, yet its my fault he hit me.

@batman1297 Like I said, he was fine for a few races apart from the blocking. Put it this way, he'd line up on the inside, I'd go to the outside and then he'd shoot across the track to block in the braking zone. He did the same exiting corners as well, I'd get the drive out the corner and he'd cut me up last second so I was forced to back. Tbh, that didn't bother me until he blamed me for something that was his fault. My PSN - Rob-MUFC-1987 we were racing Touring cars with the GOM guys

Fair enough. He's the only person I've had an issue with when I've been in a GOM lobby. As for turn 1, theres always wrecks and I always stay to the outside or inside so I avoid most of them. Unless you're 1st or 2nd, death will happen if you take the racing line in any CM game

There's a red circle underneath orange, and that's when the assists get turned on. I, myself, am on PS3, but I'm sure this goes for all platforms. 

I'll try to get a video of it for you.

I got a picture of the red circle, but it didn't activate the assists like I thought it would. Maybe there's another trigger I don't know about.

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-0/10538566_840943679250817_3261599650534420591_n.jpg

I know rhis a save corrupt forum but aeems to be the one most people are still paying attention to. Does any one else think it is CRAP to sell DLC cars and then not be able to customize the livery? PS3 version at least, I bought the coupe DLC and you cant put sponsers on them to earn more money like all the other cars and cant CHANGE the livery AT ALL?  UTTER B.S.  Why pay for cars  that  cannot be used In career and not be able to modify them to earn the same money you woild by placing sponsers on any other car?  If you use them for challenges you cannot place sponsers or your own/club livery on them. And I know you can use them in custom cup and I think you can use them in offline TT.but what a crock od bologna.  Very upset even though it may seem trivial.
It seems to be a question of rigths, agreements and copyrights with the brands of some cars, or even with especific models and liveries.
I answered this at Loore when the Nissan GT V Spec comes with the DLC and he answered me this

"That car can't have custom liveries due to licensing restrictions from Nissan."

But i played with it if once i purchased and it could be tuned and upgraded, but no liveries in that case so no point for the club; anyway 4x4 cars in this game are sloooow!!! XD

Salute

TUSMBOX said:
I'll try to get a video of it for you.

I got a picture of the red circle, but it didn't activate the assists like I thought it would. Maybe there's another trigger I don't know about.

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-0/10538566_840943679250817_3261599650534420591_n.jpg

I recognize some of those names in that pic .

Naberios said:
For Codemasters:
https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/505065081000820736

This is how you treat your fans and paying customers.  And this^ was just because there was a release day install issue that was resolved within a day or so and could be worked around (though from what I read it was a bit complicated to do so). 

If you want to keep your fans, keep people looking forward to and spending money on your products when they come out, you need to do at least SOMETHING when you have a major screw up like this corrupt file b.s.  You're a business, I get that.  And you can do what ever want.  We certainly can't make you do anything.  Thankfully, you can't make me buy your games either.  Thank you for finally getting the patch out.  But as I've said before, if you aren't willing to show even a minor gesture of appreciation for our patience, then I'm done buying Codemasters games new.  I'll wait until it's been out for a few months to make sure there's no major issues left in the game and then look for a used copy to make sure none of the money goes to you.

It's within your power, and costs you NOTHING, to put on some kind of XP boost weekend, or week, or month.  And you would sacrifice very little by providing the bonus XP dlc to those of us who were affected, and would gain a great deal of goodwill in return. 

@Naberios I agree with everything you said ^... I just rebought the game like an idiot just to get it done.

Lol, the XP system is really the most important aspect about the game. I hope you delete your CM account even today so i dont have to read such idiotic posts no more.

Lol, the XP system is really the most important aspect about the game. I hope you delete your CM account even today so i dont have to read such idiotic posts no more.
Of course the XP counts... Why wouldn't it?  And no I am not deleting the account when I can keep pissing off people like yourself!

I'd like to confirm for anyone reading this that car upgrades are busted on Xbox 360 after the patch.

They're now doing what people reported weeks ago on PC/PS3. They only work in custom playlists online where tuning is disabled. In official playlists and in single player, upgrades do not work at all. I tested this in split-screen at Indy Oval using the Indy car, one fully upgraded one without. I hit 231mph on both cars at the ends of the straights, no slipstream. The upgraded one should have gotten 235+.

Needs fixing. Makes buying car upgrades pointless.

Was not the host. I have raced many different open lobby rooms and still no color changes either way even when I have braked too late or taken a bad line and caused a crash... still green. Rooms are getting messy with crashers starting to realize they dont get flagged for it. 

I redeemed some bing points to put $5 in my Microsoft/Live account so that I could buy the Boost Pack dlc without actually spending my money on it.  It's worked great in the career up until today.  Today I started the Grid Grand Slam series and noticed that I no longer have the "Boost - 50%" bonus listed on my Discipline Rewards screen.  This is kind of a bummer.  I plan on doing some searching in these [piss poor] forums to see if anything has been mentioned about this.  Web searches have turned up absolutely ZERO results.  Oh well.

Finally gone "white" after many many clean races but also just joined a club and finished my 1st custom lobby last night. Not sure if it has been fixed or just a different playing field changed things. Will try open lobbies tonight and see what happens.

Impact Ratings work in Custom. So you can "boost" your rating to White then go public and crash into everyone
And you'll get kicked anyway because people are wising up and starting to kick based on behaviour not impact rating/points. Last few days I've easily played to 4-500+ points in a lobby without a single complaint from anybody, no votekicks, whilst a few people that came in and got dirty were gone within two/three races.

:x

TUSMBOX said:
But were you winning every race? I still get kicked once in a while dominating a room.
I was getting consistent podiums, but the last six/seven races were clear 15-20s+ wins with no challenge. Nobody complained, but I left on my own accord because winning so easily - even from first - is boring.

@Loore...

Just wondering when the next console patch is coming and whether it will have the repair cost patch?  The repair costs are getting a bit out of hand now, £30K to fix the B class Audi after each race and it's not even level 50 yet lol.

andaya said:
ZalexQc said:
andaya said:

Glad it works, at least you can play the game till the patch come out, many people should investigate instead to leave the game and wait fr the fix, but i´m not saying or defending anything, is a trick that sometimes becames complicated and is not idea of a race game should be, in fact any game XD, but circunstances forces to dot hings like that wich hasn´t nothing to do with the game purpose.

Keep on Racing!!

Well, all people that get save corruption and relied on PS+ With autosave overnight are screwed when they realise next day there is a problem, cuz good save been replaced with corupted save online... So how do we investigate when we cant play ? ;p

In my case I did another PSN account and restarted from scratch on that one to keep 1st intact, in case they fix it one day. Sadly yesterday second account got corrupted. The common thing between the two is that I maxed out a car last day I got corruption. Level 50 on the car with all options bought, next time I want to play: BOuM ! In your face adicted gamer, you cant play anymore... mouhahahahahaha !

Meh ! :(

Do you really say "Keep on racing !!" to guys that cant play because of a bug that dont allow game to start ?!? 

lol

I said keep on racing as a way to salute or whatever, if you can´t figure out how this issue can be avoid at least to KEEP PLAYING while the patch comes out, i recommend to you read the forum and find the tips to do it. Or read other post by me and other users.

I´m talking about saving, not auto-saving and all those stuff that doesn´t rathers to mention. You can´t play beacuse of a great bug, right, but you can avoid it following some BASIC operations like SAVE cumulative and watch the garage and car sell prices; that´s all. If you overwrite the file or do not watch and test your saves is your problem.

The only thing here is the help i was trying to tell to another user; i don´t know, and don´t mind, your mouhahahaha!!, your Meh! or your lol.

Read and learn.

" Te lo diré más claro en mi idioma:

si no tienes ni idea de lo que estás hablando, al menos deja el sarcasmo, lee, aprende y te ruego que no uses mis palabras para sacarlas de contexto; graciosetes, bufones y lammers no forman parte de mi tiempo; confórmate con que te haya contestado. Nadie te ha pedido que interfieras en la ayuda a otro usuario. Si eres tan listo recupera tus datos por tus medios, si no, mantente al margen o al menos no vengas a hacerte el gracioso o el ofendido, yo no tengo la culpa de tus carencias"

Salute.

And Keep on Waiting!!

Duh !
It was all irony but the last part where I ask if you were really saying that to a guy with a corupted game.
Dont take things so personal man, not good for ealth !
And for the wait... I'm now waiting a fix for the last races of sets that hand half of the time on PS3...
So yea, I keep on Waiting.