Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

Every darn day I come on here looking for, "Hey the patch is out". lol, so does everyone else cause it has hit everyone. 

Operator1 said:

Very sorry to hear about your troubles FostBitten. Best of luck.

I understand "it's just a game," and of course it's not the highest priority in anyone's life. This is the game's official forum, so this is naturally the most obvious place to discuss the game. I don't come to a game forum to talk about the rest of my life - I come to a game forum to talk about the game. It's only natural that all of the discussion on a game's forum revolves around that game.

Just because the game is the sole focus of discussion on the game's forum certainly does not mean that the game is the sole focus of anyone's life.

If customers just silently roll over on issues like this, then game companies will have no incentive to do better. If CodeMasters thinks that customers will keep buying broken games, then they'll just keep selling us more broken games.

I'm not personally or hatefully attacking anyone at CodeMasters, nor am I discounting the hours of effort anyone put into creating this game. I'm only expressing my extreme disappointment in buying a broken game. I'd love to be Grid AutoSport's biggest fan & tell everyone who will listen that they should be playing this game, but I can't when the game doesn't work.

You could not possibly have said it better. This seems to be a new trend...releasing unfinished games, tons of bugs, etc. I don't remember this happening hardly at all in the past, say 4-5 years ago. Now it is the norm, not just Codies.  Someone needs to stop this ridiculous trend, if the Devs cant regulate themselves. It's every single game, over and over and over.

I'm glad that there was some attention given to this and an update that includes information about more fixes and new features. I too would like to see some sort of reparations. I'm not asking for much, even a new track would be cool.

I kinda knew that if you started a new game you were out of luck for fixing the corrupt ossue. But really had I waited til they released the patch I would have gone weeks with not being able to play  a game that I bought to do just that, play it. Codemasters needs to do something above releasing a patch. They need to somehow compensate those who have lost hours and days of hard work leveling up. Not sure ehat they can do, but know that I payed for two expansions to a game that I would have just sitting around for weels had I not started over. Maybe a freebie would lessen the pain of this issue. I called Sony to try to get a refund but because I have 37percent pf tropies on my gamertag they did not accommodate my tequest. But I dont have those trophies really cause I had to start over again. Maybe a free expansion pack of the consimers choice would be a good idea? I know I will certainly think twixe before buying another CM product after being burned on the last two Grid games I bought.

Also, not sure if this helps, but, the corrupt save file happened to me twice when I purchased a Mini. And had trouble leveling up my Ute from the start. Just thought I would pass that along. Not the Mini miglia but the standard Mini. Pass that to CM.

saxerrts said:

I kinda knew that if you started a new game you were out of luck for fixing the corrupt ossue. But really had I waited til they released the patch I would have gone weeks with not being able to play  a game that I bought to do just that, play it. Codemasters needs to do something above releasing a patch. They need to somehow compensate those who have lost hours and days of hard work leveling up. Not sure ehat they can do, but know that I payed for two expansions to a game that I would have just sitting around for weels had I not started over. Maybe a freebie would lessen the pain of this issue. I called Sony to try to get a refund but because I have 37percent pf tropies on my gamertag they did not accommodate my tequest. But I dont have those trophies really cause I had to start over again. Maybe a free expansion pack of the consimers choice would be a good idea? I know I will certainly think twixe before buying another CM product after being burned on the last two Grid games I bought.

You could have saved your corrupted file elsewhere and then continued to play the game until the patch came out. Not idea I know and it means you have two save files but at least you can carry on playing without losing your main save file.

Not sure how i could have saved that corrupted file elsewhere? Playing on the ps3. Dont really matter now, but once the file was corrupted it was imppssible to do anythimg with. 

saxerrts said:
Not sure how i could have saved that corrupted file elsewhere? Playing on the ps3. Dont really matter now, but once the file was corrupted it was imppssible to do anythimg with. 

Are you not able to save to a USB stick or the cloud on the PS? Sorry have never had one so just assumed it was similar in tha respect to the Xbox.

me and my partner got corrupted, we would like to know when patch is coming and will we be compensated for the time we put into a game that weren't obviously ready.

Thanks for the update Loore. I think we all need to realize a couple of things.

1. You have done your best (within the bonds of corporate bureaucracy) to communicate to us directly how things are going and why they failed. If anyone deserves some sympathy it's the guy like you Loore, who takes all the heat but had nothing to do with the failure.

2. Codemasters is flawed, and maybe deeply (except Birmingham), but at least they have tried to communicate with us directly instead of walling us off. Many companies do...in fact the majority do. That does not excuse it, but it should put this is perspective. In the end, we need to communicate our disappointment and frustration in a civil manner and, if necessary, vote with our wallet. That's how commerce works. If a company screws up too much, they go bankrupt. I'm not wishing this on Codemasters at this point, but it's a ying and a yang. Remember, most developers would not have even attempted to "make it right" for GRID2 in the first place. Once the patch is out, hopefully all will be right.

me and my partner got corrupted, we would like to know when patch is coming and will we be compensated for the time we put into a game that weren't obviously ready.

Compensated for ? Did you not know about the corruption bug ? I sure did but kept playing with the attitude of hopefully it won't hit me but it did. I was at lvl 150 online and almost finished offline besides a few things. I'm not asking for compensation. C'mon that's a joke right ?

Compensated for ? Did you not know about the corruption bug ? I sure did but kept playing with the attitude of hopefully it won't hit me but it did. I was at lvl 150 online and almost finished offline besides a few things. I'm not asking for compensation. C'mon that's a joke right ?

Wouldn't hurt for them to give us a freebie, although I wouldn't expect free DLC or anything.   Rockstar gave everyone $500,000 in game cash because of the problems with GTA5 online, maybe CM could do something similiar :)

Wouldn't hurt for them to give us a freebie, although I wouldn't expect free DLC or anything.   Rockstar gave everyone $500,000 in game cash because of the problems with GTA5 online, maybe CM could do something similiar :)

wouldn't hold your breath.

Not for nothing also, but I just played Jarrett Labonte Racing from before turn of the century and it has WORKING REAR VIEWS AND WORKING COCKPIT GAUGES and PIT STOPS. Why can they not do the same 15 years later? Also a ton of tracks 12 and 16 cars on track at the same time. Just saying why PC and not consoles to get rear view mirrors that work? Codemasters game too by the way.

And OctoberDusk06 If you meant makin it right by "SELLING" us another game with major issues that also existed in the Grid2 game I am confused, I would hardly say that was "making it right". And I read that the glitch is different, but it is another MAJOR oversite on CM. Nothing personal but its not making it right by "SELLING" us another product. Not like they said everyone who purchased Grid2 will get Grid Autosport at a discount so we can make it right.

Code Masters take responsibility for your crap game and give us a release date for the ps3 patch and stop passing the buck of on sony or microsoft

@Tatasandbeer, I don't know how you're still on this site, How have you not gotten banned already? 

Seriously, you should be banned with the disgusting comment history on you profile. :( 

give us a release date 

I'm sure he said next week.

SASBlink said:

@Tatasandbeer, I don't know how you're still on this site, How have you not gotten banned already? 

Seriously, you should be banned with the disgusting comment history on you profile. :( 

give us a release date 

I'm sure he said next week.

Of course, it's already 5 weeks he says next week LOL.

hiow many times do i need to say this, codemasters can not say date until its been given the ok by sony and microsoft so its NOT pasting the buck as i said in another post its in a TESTING PHASE, 

hiow many times do i need to say this, codemasters can not say date until its been given the ok by sony and microsoft so its NOT pasting the buck as i said in another post its in a TESTING PHASE, 

I know what you try to tell us, but fact is that CM told us during 5 weeks the patch was submitted. And finally only this week @Loore‌ admitted they were submitting that Patch to Sony/MS.
And the problem is that when someone lies, and even more keep lying, the day he eventually says the truth, well it's difficult to believe.

Like I mentionned on this Forum already, the anger is not about a patch that is still not coming, the anger is that the game NEEDS a patch, that CM is not capable to sell a finished product in 2014. As I know CM is not such a cheap chinese studio where they are using children in a cellar as labour. No it's a game studio made in Britain for god sake!  And I'm not mention the cake of the story: the season pass.

i don't know which post I read by @Loore that said something about the patch hit a snag when it went through  QA testing. So I think that is the reason for the delay of the patch. 

In my mind I would like to think that CM would like to get a fix out as fast as possible. Although in my mind there is always a circus going on.