Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

berre said:

hiow many times do i need to say this, codemasters can not say date until its been given the ok by sony and microsoft so its NOT pasting the buck as i said in another post its in a TESTING PHASE, 

I know what you try to tell us, but fact is that CM told us during 5 weeks the patch was submitted. And finally only this week @Loore‌ admitted they were submitting that Patch to Sony/MS.
And the problem is that when someone lies, and even more keep lying, the day he eventually says the truth, well it's difficult to believe.

Like I mentionned on this Forum already, the anger is not about a patch that is still not coming, the anger is that the game NEEDS a patch, that CM is not capable to sell a finished product in 2014. As I know CM is not such a cheap chinese studio where they are using children in a cellar as labour. No it's a game studio made in Britain for god sake!  And I'm not mention the cake of the story: the season pass.

Loore has admitted that they planned to submit the patch a few weeks ago but found another problem that they needed to fix. With that in mind I've come to pretty passive about it because I'm sure if he'd let that patch go through with that problem, we'd have all been raging at him for it even harder.

I've got my Xbox One anyway. Hey, at least Grid Autosport doesn't crash the console on an hourly basis like Rivals does! I'm actually impressed that the Xbox One handles games as a separate process so it just kicks me back to the dashboard instead of freezing the console up. And Rivals has been out for a year, and still crashes. ;-)

I've got my Xbox One anyway. Hey, at least Grid Autosport doesn't crash the console on an hourly basis like Rivals does! I'm actually impressed that the Xbox One handles games as a separate process so it just kicks me back to the dashboard instead of freezing the console up. And Rivals has been out for a year, and still crashes. ;-)

That's another problem, do like I did: buy a PS4     :D    LOL

No offence, I'm just kidding... o:)

So, we have people complaining about a game that was created in, what, a year? They say it was rushed, not tested, and it's full of bugs. Well, not full, but there are some issues. This much is understandable. 

However, these same people are now complaining about them taking their time to test and put out a patch to fix the majority of the bigger problems, even after being told that the initial patch had some problems. Seriously? The hell is wrong with you people? I bet you're the folks who will receive a hundred dollars, and then complain about it not being in 20's.

berre said:

That's another problem, do like I did: buy a PS4     :D    LOL

No offence, I'm just kidding... o:)

Does the PS4 hang if the game hangs? =P

TUSMBOX said:
So, we have people complaining about a game that was created in, what, a year? They say it was rushed, not tested, and it's full of bugs. Well, not full, but there are some issues. This much is understandable. 

However, these same people are now complaining about them taking their time to test and put out a patch to fix the majority of the bigger problems, even after being told that the initial patch had some problems. Seriously? The hell is wrong with you people? I bet you're the folks who will receive a hundred dollars, and then complain about it not being in 20's.

well if you like to be screwed it's your call, i've been beta-tester for some games, and as I far as I remember, I never had to pay € 60 + € 30 to be a beta-tester. When I pay for a finished game  I hope to receive a finished game.
I wonder if for the "Destiny-Beta", if everyone who did the beta, if everyone had paid for. (And for Destiny I would in fact, because it was less buggy than GAS) LOL

But of course when you receive the money from mum or dad, you are too young to realise how long you have to work in order to have € 90 LEFT  to spend for a game.

Does the PS4 hang if the game hangs? =P

In fact I played that arcady game because last year there was nothing else as (racing) let's say car-game on the PS4. I didn't like it but I platted it and it never crashed on PS4. Honestly I didn't encountered any problem

berre said:

TUSMBOX said:

well if you like to be screwed it's your call, i've been beta-tester for some games, and as I far as I remember, I never had to pay € 60 + € 30 to be a beta-tester. When I pay for a finished game  I hope to receive a finished game.
I wonder if for the "Destiny-Beta", if everyone who did the beta, if everyone had paid for. (And for Destiny I would in fact, because it was less buggy than GAS) LOL

But of course when you receive the money from mum or dad, you are too young to realise how long you have to work in order to have € 90 LEFT  to spend for a game.

I would respond, but you seem pretty dense. Not only did you miss the point of my post, but you made a terrible assumption about my age. There's no getting through stupidity on that level. 

berre said:

I did play the beta test for destiny and it was buggy, a lot more buggy than GAS in fact ( it is a beta of course) it had at least 20 different bugs named after animals, they were all resulting to one common problem, connection and player to player syncing issues. which resulted in alot of people not being able to play the beta at all (and  that does not include the day one bug with resulted in a big patch to be implemented  in order to play again).... when a game is online based with no offline capabilities you gonna run into issues and its going to be very very complex.  If they dont get it right it will turn out to be another "defiance" game which was a major let down.

So @berre, If you are going be cocky at least get your facts right. -_- Grid is nowhere near as bad, at least you can play it, you might have to start again but it still playable. If Destiny does not fix those issues you might not be able to play it at all. 

SASBlink said:
berre said:

I did play the beta test for destiny and it was buggy, a lot more buggy than GAS in fact ( it is a beta of course) it had at least 20 different bugs named after animals, they were all resulting to one common problem, connection and player to player syncing issues. which resulted in alot of people not being able to play the beta at all (and  that does not include the day one bug with resulted in a big patch to be implemented  in order to play again).... when a game is online based with no offline capabilities you gonna run into issues and its going to be very very complex.  If they dont get it right it will turn out to be another "defiance" game which was a major let down.

So @berre, If you are going be cocky at least get your facts right. -_- Grid is nowhere near as bad, at least you can play it, you might have to start again but it still playable. If Destiny does not fix those issues you might not be able to play it at all. 

The problem is that Bungie bothered to test in order to find these teething problems. I didn't really run into any bugs on Destiny, but if other people did then that's what Bungie wanted. :/

Thats not my point but your point does still stand true and I agree. Also I thought professional racing drivers did the testing on the game. I'm sure i remember them giving out interviews with drivers who claimed they tested the game and helped develop it, maybe that led them to believe the game was ok and a public testing was not needed?

As for beere, My point was he was comparing a beta with a released game and giving out out false info or at least half truths to imply that grid is worse. My post was purely on stating that it was not true. 

Anyways, im done, im not commenting any more as I seem to be arguing more than discussing which not really productive. :(

The biggest problem i see is that people are comparing a paid for product ie Grid to a FREE test product. I didnt pay to play Destiny and had no issues with any bugs. I did however PAY for Grid and DO have corrupt save files that make the game unplayable in my opinion because i put time onto the game only to have to start over. I have a job and I know its only a game but I didnt have this issue with GT6 for instance. So its not just about being able to restart. I invest VALUBLE time in a game to remain competitive and gets old to restart all the time. I bought this game before release and put faith that when I did I would receive a finished product. I have not been able to use the RaceNet properly since I bought it, have yet to be able to join a club. Get scrolls that I have am invite but cannot access this . Paid to use it though.

May I ask what is Destiny? If it has horsey's, wizards, & faire maidens. Then I will skip it, I see all that and more when I close my eyes.

lets get back on topic should we. I wonder want size of patch we be downloading when we get the go ahead to down load it onto our consoles

I just hope that if CM makes another racing title they will have learned from the last two debacles. I know I for one will NEVER pre order another product from CM and will wait til they prove themselves before I do purchase it, if I do purchase it at all. It is really a shame too, because I have purchased almost every game they ever put out all the way back to PS1 TOCA series and was never as dissappointed as I have been with the last 2 GRID games.

lets get back on topic should we. I wonder want size of patch we be downloading when we get the go ahead to down load it onto our consoles

Why does that matter? That's like surviving a terrible car crash with only scratches and being worried about what size Band-Aids the Para-Medic's will use.  

We should be patient at least with MS & PS! First testing a patch that was nonexistent and then testing a large bug, sorry i meant patch that also needed a patch! I heard their patchers told their debuggers it will be next week sometime. 

Also its nice to see this forum is cleaned up and consolidated with easy to find topics! It was filling up with to much negative ,  and free speaking posters(customers)! Anyway a forum should be heavily filtered, monitored, one sided and happy to be in a forum because they have nothing exciting to do otherwise! What would maybe make this better separate topics by country and color code posts. Red for complainers,  nonbelievers of everything their told , dissatisfied customers, non suckups,  thinker's and wolves! White for  100% Pro CM, pacifists, and sheep!  

well here's to another week gone by and still yet not a patch. truly hope that in the next couple of days we get the patch or yet again another lie from Codemasters

I have one save going which is backed up to HD and USB stick.  I can load this save however after playing the save becomes corrupt.  I cannot move forward at all in the game.  I have to restore the saved file onto my cloud each time before I play the game.  Then load the save from the cloud space.  Every time.  Then the save becomes corrupt again after playing.  Wash, rinse, repeat.