Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

babaluk said:

I have one save going which is backed up to HD and USB stick.  I can load this save however after playing the save becomes corrupt.  I cannot move forward at all in the game.  I have to restore the saved file onto my cloud each time before I play the game.  Then load the save from the cloud space.  Every time.  Then the save becomes corrupt again after playing.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Sell te cars in your garage that are overpriced, so you could continue with the game till a new car increases its value and corrupts the file again, but if you monitor this issue yo´ll be safe, but always do backup, two o three. If you don´t fix the garage everytime the game is played and restarted it will give you the messages "corrupted saved game" in an spiral or non-return-point.

Salute.

saxerrts said:
The biggest problem i see is that people are comparing a paid for product ie Grid to a FREE test product. I didnt pay to play Destiny and had no issues with any bugs. I did however PAY for Grid and DO have corrupt save files that make the game unplayable in my opinion because i put time onto the game only to have to start over. I have a job and I know its only a game but I didnt have this issue with GT6 for instance. So its not just about being able to restart. I invest VALUBLE time in a game to remain competitive and gets old to restart all the time. I bought this game before release and put faith that when I did I would receive a finished product. I have not been able to use the RaceNet properly since I bought it, have yet to be able to joiurn a club. Get scrolls that I have am invite but cannot access this . Paid to use it though.

The fact that you bring GT6 up and at the same accuse G:AS of being unfinished is hilarious. The former still hasn't gotten advertised features 9 months after release whereas G:AS is a complete product but with its unfortunate issue on its own. So, I'm going to make an educated guess and assume that you meant to say ''working product''.

Nevertheless, your frustration is completely understandable and would absolutely hate to go through the same hassle. These issues/bugs, especially the save file corruption, shouldn't be there in the first place. Regarding that, I'll never make an excuse for CM.

andaya said:
babaluk said:

I have one save going which is backed up to HD and USB stick.  I can load this save however after playing the save becomes corrupt.  I cannot move forward at all in the game.  I have to restore the saved file onto my cloud each time before I play the game.  Then load the save from the cloud space.  Every time.  Then the save becomes corrupt again after playing.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Sell te cars in your garage that are overpriced, so you could continue with the game till a new car increases its value and corrupts the file again, but if you monitor this issue yo´ll be safe, but always do backup, two o three. If you don´t fix the garage everytime the game is played and restarted it will give you the messages "corrupted saved game" in an spiral or non-return-point.

Salute.

Thanks!!  How exactly do I know which cars are "overpriced"?

Oh damn!  I have an alpha romeo 8C worth $10,574,958!!  That might be one of them.

How else do i tell?

SASBlink said:
berre said:

I wonder if for the "Destiny-Beta", if everyone who did the beta, if everyone had paid for. (And for Destiny I would in fact, because it was less buggy than GAS) LOL

I did play the beta test for destiny and it was buggy, a lot more buggy than GAS in fact ( it is a beta of course) it had at least 20 different bugs named after animals, they were all resulting to one common problem, connection and player to player syncing issues. which resulted in alot of people not being able to play the beta at all (and  that does not include the day one bug with resulted in a big patch to be implemented  in order to play again).... when a game is online based with no offline capabilities you gonna run into issues and its going to be very very complex.  If they dont get it right it will turn out to be another "defiance" game which was a major let down.

So @berre, If you are going be cocky at least get your facts right. -_- Grid is nowhere near as bad, at least you can play it, you might have to start again but it still playable. If Destiny does not fix those issues you might not be able to play it at all. 

The problem is that Bungie bothered to test in order to find these teething problems. I didn't really run into any bugs on Destiny, but if other people did then that's what Bungie wanted. :/

Haha so naive!! If you think Destiny will release bug free because they had a public beta you are living in cloud cuckoo land. I gaurentee it will release with some major bugs.

babaluk said:
andaya said:
babaluk said:

Salute.

Oh damn!  I have an alpha romeo 8C worth $10,574,958!!  That might be one of them.

How else do i tell?

Before make a new save and then sell it, buy another one if you want, save again in another location, start again and play online or some challenge for a while, fix a vehicle , restart and see if the file is still corrupted, it could be cars overpriced if you look in the sell menu but once they reach a x10 its value there is a lot of probabilities that corrup happens. Obviously the Alfa is waaay more overpiced XD. 10 millions for you!! :p

At least yo´ll have a good amount of money and you colud progress in the game again, the negative part is that upgrade a car use to being up its price, except the Golf R wich comes with the game, at least from my experience. Get lucky.

Salute.

Hyland, As for your comment that GT6 is an unfinished product is an uneducated statement .Never did PD say that ALL the planned features will be available at time of release. And almost 1 a month and sometimes more they release new cars and tracks FOR FREE.  Wheres with GAS I have already paid for two DLC.for cars that PD has given more of for free. Dont know how to do the thing with adding yoour comment to mine or mine to yours but I am dumbfounded by your statement. Not to mention ALL of their online contents work and are improved upon continually. I have never gone online and found as few people playing as with GAS and lately it is even worse. NOT Once sinve ITS RELEASE have I been able to play an " endurance" race online. Not to say thats a big deal but I have noticed more and more corrupt files and less and less people playing online. That may just be a coincidence but I would guess that more people are being affected and losing confidence in GAS game rapidly. 

TerryRed said:

Well on my PC, I have the latest patch and have 3 lost progress 3 times now...

Really?? This is not the first time I've seen PC customers on this forum report that their Grid AutoSport saves got corrupted even after the patch. Have you done anything out-of-the-ordinary that might compromise the function of the game? Have you sent your save file to CodeMasters for troubleshooting?

@Loore: You've been saying "hopefully next week" for weeks, so what's the latest on the console patch? CodeMasters must have something to report by now beyond just "soon." And how do you/we know that our progress won't get corrupted & lost again after this patch?

Loore said:
Console Patches
  • Patch notes will be supplied in the coming days
@Loore I guess you ment "in the coming weeks"?

berre said:
Loore said:
Console Patches
  • Patch notes will be supplied in the coming days
@Loore I guess you ment "in the coming weeks"?

Just waiting for them to come through from the team :)

@Berre, you are such an annoyance, I'm pretty sure what you're doing is called harassment. lol 

Btw, you ever heard of the term "biting the hand that feeds you" -_- 

I'm just a bit worried that this patch isn't gonna fix my save. I mean I don't think my corrupt save had anything to do with the supposed known causes.

I loaded up the game fine and had a few races online then went to download the boost pack, after the fifth try it downloaded, then it asked me if I wanted to go back to the start screen to load the DLC and so I naturally selected yes. Upon reloading the game I got the corrupt save message.

@Loore will the patch fix that?

SASBlink said:

@Berre, you are such an annoyance, I'm pretty sure what you're doing is called harassment. lol 

Btw, you ever heard of the term "biting the hand that feeds you" -_- 

The only annoyance here is the fact that console customers have paid for a product that is still (after almost 2 month) not usable due to a studio that has ommit to test their game on a propriate way. Maybe you find it normal to be screwed, then that is your way off living.

If I don't do my job properly on my work, I'm fired.

Those who continuously defend this issue at CM, I presume they've received a counterpart from CM because I think that everyone who works for a living, when they spend money they supposed to get something for the money they have sweat for.

And maybe I'm annoying but I will stay annoying untill that bloody patch will be released. And if you don't like it so be it. You are the last one for which I will have some concerns. Thanks for reading. You may continiously mark my comments as spam, this will only be the proof I'm right.

berre said:
 if you find it normal to be screwed, then that is your way off living.

No, that's life, sometimes you don't get what you want or what you feel you deserve, I for one and a number of others feel that 40pound and a game is not worth the hassle of all this fuss. I mean I personally would find it very embarrassing to to resort to spamming internet forums saying the same thing over and over again... and it must be very tiresome for the ones who have to read it again, again and again.

berre said:
I think that everyone who works for a living, when they spend money they supposed to get something for the money they have sweat for.

I do agree there to a extent, its the same thing you always say when you are asked a question on this issue.  40pound is not a issue to be worried, I remember when people bought them Ferraris a few years back and the majority all just caught fire  and melted at the side of the road. Now that's something to be annoyed about. lol

berre said:
 You may continiously mark my comments as spam, this will only be the proof I'm right.

I mark them spam as they are spam, it's not like you asked this a hundred times already, is it? lol 

As for being right, I never ever said you was completely wrong, I'm just saying the way you go about it is wrong, a very big difference in my opinion.

saxerrts said:

Hyland, As for your comment that GT6 is an unfinished product is an uneducated statement .Never did PD say that ALL the planned features will be available at time of release.

Yeah, you bought into an early access, i.e not finished. 

And almost 1 a month and sometimes more they release new cars and tracks FOR FREE.  Wheres with GAS I have already paid for two DLC.for cars that PD has given more of for free.
They are giving cars that were going to be free to begin with, oh praise the Lord!
Dont know how to do the thing with adding yoour comment to mine or mine to yours but I am dumbfounded by your statement. Not to mention ALL of their online contents work and are improved upon continually. I have never gone online and found as few people playing as with GAS and lately it is even worse. NOT Once sinve ITS RELEASE have I been able to play an " endurance" race online. Not to say thats a big deal but I have noticed more and more corrupt files and less and less people playing online. That may just be a coincidence but I would guess that more people are being affected and losing confidence in GAS game rapidly.
Although I personally had a shit expereince with GT6's multiplayer, I can't argue about G:AS's multiplayer and the lack of players, which is a major bummer. I was really looking forward  to give the Open Wheel category a go but have yet to find a playlist to race my Formula C in on the PS3. The GRID community is quite small and the save file corruption is definitely taking its toll on multiplayer.

(no save file corruption here yet *knocks on wood*)

Hyland. Again I find your comments somewhat silly. But to say that CM GAS game even COMPAES in content is a joke. PD has not been around for decades longer than CM so getting 1200 cars as compated to paltry amount that CM offers is INSANE. Again I digress, it is the fact that I paid for a product that has now corrupted several times and is in fact unusable in my opinion. Not going to argue any more with someone who really seems to be a CM supporter no matter how they treat their customer ie lying and unable to fix a problem with a game that is similar to the previous product that I also purchased and was unfinished. I loved every game that codemasters put out and may be aging myself here but that again goes back to the early PS1 days. Maybe I put too much faith in them because of what they did before and thats the main reason I am so unhappy. I can assure tou that this faith has been shattered from the last two Grid games for sure.

To whom it may concern, an old man once said:

"It’s because the speed of light is faster than the speed of sound that some people seem to be brilliant before appearing to be stupid."

Well I totally understand all the people who are frustrated by this because its taken so long and I for one know codemasters don't fix all the problems if you take a look at Dirt 2 How long has that been out ??? yet they never ever fixed the line glitch on that game yet its still live and loads of people love playing that game until the cheats come in where you just drive upto the start line just as the front of the car goes over line they hit rest and Bang they skip forward a lap...so yeah its hard to believe what you get told when u have seen this all before but that's codemasters for you

Operator1 said:

TerryRed said:

Really?? This is not the first time I've seen PC customers on this forum report that their Grid AutoSport saves got corrupted even after the patch. Have you done anything out-of-the-ordinary that might compromise the function of the game? Have you sent your save file to CodeMasters for troubleshooting?

I also first experienced data corruption post-patch. I haven't created any back ups either, so I guess I'm screwed out of time I put into the game.

Operator1 said:

TerryRed said:

I also first experienced data corruption post-patch. I haven't created any back ups either, so I guess I'm screwed out of time I put into the game.

well I'm looking forward to what @Loore‌ and @SASBlink‌ will have to say in order to comment your issue. Anyway it's looking great also for us console-gamers! Pffffff

the game should so long from the sale back be pulled until the corupt file bug is fixed. Because the game is unplayable as long.

It's so sad what pulls codemasters here!. I would like to have my money back. Or give me something in writing that I back there at Amazon. That's the least you can do what.

I agree with the previous comment that the game should be pulled from the shelves or have a large disclaimer of the issues. I have seen recent reviews long after this problem that NEVER mention this issue to any consumers who may have yet purchased this game to warn them. If this were any other defective product it would be recalled and at the very least pulled from shelves until this was corrected. Shame on CM and all of these reviewers for this gross misrepresentation of this faulty.product. I have purposely gone to every site that says they have a new review of this and not one mention of the problem.

@berre, if that does indeed happen then I can defend them for trolling sake ;) but Iin all seriousness I certainly wont defend them, I can do it now as this is my fav game atm, they trying to fix it and I appreciate what they are trying to do. BUT, if it still happens then my sympathy and patience for this beautiful game will eventually run out.

I believe you dont understand why I defend them.

I see games as more than just games, I see art in a way, I see the talent, creativeness, beautiful details,  the thought process behind it and the effort that goes into it. I'm giving them a second chance with this game because of that.

Until that time comes I'm afraid I will still be typing the usual "blah blah blah" crap that I usually do. Not that anyone anyone takes notice of it anyway. lol ;) 

andaya said:
babaluk said:
andaya said:
babaluk said:

Salute.

How else do i tell?

Before make a new save and then sell it, buy another one if you want, save again in another location, start again and play online or some challenge for a while, fix a vehicle , restart and see if the file is still corrupted, it could be cars overpriced if you look in the sell menu but once they reach a x10 its value there is a lot of probabilities that corrup happens. Obviously the Alfa is waaay more overpiced XD. 10 millions for you!! :p

At least yo´ll have a good amount of money and you colud progress in the game again, the negative part is that upgrade a car use to being up its price, except the Golf R wich comes with the game, at least from my experience. Get lucky.

Salute.

Yeah, so funny bro!  I have over $21 million now!!! but only three cars!  i'll keep saving and hope a patch comes out.

babaluk said:
andaya said:
babaluk said:
andaya said:
babaluk said:

Salute.

How else do i tell?

Salute.

Yeah, so funny bro!  I have over $21 million now!!! but only three cars!  i'll keep saving and hope a patch comes out.

Glad it works, at least you can play the game till the patch come out, many people should investigate instead to leave the game and wait fr the fix, but i´m not saying or defending anything, is a trick that sometimes becames complicated and is not idea of a race game should be, in fact any game XD, but circunstances forces to dot hings like that wich hasn´t nothing to do with the game purpose.

Keep on Racing!!