Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

Recommended Posts


If your save file is more than 742 kb it will corrupt the file gets bigger from the car prices. You can overwrite your usb saves when your file size is 742 kb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bennyboy1 said:


If your save file is more than 742 kb it will corrupt the file gets bigger from the car prices. You can overwrite your usb saves when your file size is 742 kb

In PS3 i have a ton of files from Grid AS and the size is not dependable in this case; many of them has 774Kb and other 788Kb, etc...I´m talking about 40 files and 20 corruted more or less, all ordered, index, etc..i exploited the garage many times and experimented wich many cars combinations and the size never makes an influence in the corrupted issue. PS3 by the way, i don´t know in other plattforms.

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you sure it is 742 kb that makes this issue arise? How come CM cant find a fix then? Not parricuarly tech savy but if you figured out that this save amount is the issue...... that really makes me question CM. But if the size ia the issue how come when I restart still cant use racenet even with scroll saying I have an invite and created it at the racenet website ? Dont make sense t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


OK this is getting stupied I just logged in and my 742 kb save and it was corrupted. I RELOADED my usb 742 kb save and were good to go.Both were level 111 so theory busted don't reley on 742 kb it was working at 742kb with over 100 saves and always corrupted over 742kb . SO just contine the double usb save and doing 1 race in career or racenet to trigger the save then log in twice to see if save is good before you overwrite your usb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As a side note would like to say that i just returned to the last review i read at m.independantie.com and the comments i left about this issue have magically disappeared. No profanity or any other derogatory comments either. Just said there was this issue and couldnt unferstand noone warning us about the issue and they were removed after they were posted ans acceptes? Strange things indeed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me and my partner got corrupted, we would like to know when patch is coming and will we be compensated for the time we put into a game that weren't obviously ready.

Compensated for ? Did you not know about the corruption bug ? I sure did but kept playing with the attitude of hopefully it won't hit me but it did. I was at lvl 150 online and almost finished offline besides a few things. I'm not asking for compensation. C'mon that's a joke right ?

Did I miss a giant notification window that would pop up whenever I started the game that informed players of this issue?  I sure as heck didn't know about it before it hit me nearly a month ago.  Why would I?  I have and play way too many games to go trolling every game's website for any possible game breaking issues.

Personally, I think your comment is more of a joke than the one you chastised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SASBlink said:

@Berre, you are such an annoyance, I'm pretty sure what you're doing is called harassment. lol 

Btw, you ever heard of the term "biting the hand that feeds you" -_- 

Have CodeMasters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHemps said:
SASBlink said:

@Berre, you are such an annoyance, I'm pretty sure what you're doing is called harassment. lol 

Btw, you ever heard of the term "biting the hand that feeds you" -_- 

Have CodeMasters?

Nice reply, short and simple. efficient. much better than a lot of rabble that other spew out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Operator1 said:


TerryRed said:

Well on my PC, I have the latest patch and have 3 lost progress 3 times now...


Really?? This is not the first time I've seen PC customers on this forum report that their Grid AutoSport saves got corrupted even after the patch. Have you done anything out-of-the-ordinary that might compromise the function of the game? Have you sent your save file to CodeMasters for troubleshooting?

@Loore: You've been saying "hopefully next week" for weeks, so what's the latest on the console patch? CodeMasters must have something to report by now beyond just "soon." And how do you/we know that our progress won't get corrupted & lost again after this patch?

The game ran completely fine for me BEFORE the patch. I have done nothing out of the ordinary...maybe sometimes I will exit with alt-f4, but thats it.   Since the patch my game has reset 3 times. 

What happens is, when i start the game, I NEVER get a message saying my game is corrupt... instead I see my save game come up as Player One instead of TerryRed, and all my progress is gone. 0 races,etc...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
andaya said:

Glad it works, at least you can play the game till the patch come out, many people should investigate instead to leave the game and wait fr the fix, but i´m not saying or defending anything, is a trick that sometimes becames complicated and is not idea of a race game should be, in fact any game XD, but circunstances forces to dot hings like that wich hasn´t nothing to do with the game purpose.

Keep on Racing!!

Well, all people that get save corruption and relied on PS+ With autosave overnight are screwed when they realise next day there is a problem, cuz good save been replaced with corupted save online... So how do we investigate when we cant play ? ;p

In my case I did another PSN account and restarted from scratch on that one to keep 1st intact, in case they fix it one day. Sadly yesterday second account got corrupted. The common thing between the two is that I maxed out a car last day I got corruption. Level 50 on the car with all options bought, next time I want to play: BOuM ! In your face adicted gamer, you cant play anymore... mouhahahahahaha !

Meh ! :(

Do you really say "Keep on racing !!" to guys that cant play because of a bug that dont allow game to start ?!? 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZalexQc said:
andaya said:

Glad it works, at least you can play the game till the patch come out, many people should investigate instead to leave the game and wait fr the fix, but i´m not saying or defending anything, is a trick that sometimes becames complicated and is not idea of a race game should be, in fact any game XD, but circunstances forces to dot hings like that wich hasn´t nothing to do with the game purpose.

Keep on Racing!!

Well, all people that get save corruption and relied on PS+ With autosave overnight are screwed when they realise next day there is a problem, cuz good save been replaced with corupted save online... So how do we investigate when we cant play ? ;p

In my case I did another PSN account and restarted from scratch on that one to keep 1st intact, in case they fix it one day. Sadly yesterday second account got corrupted. The common thing between the two is that I maxed out a car last day I got corruption. Level 50 on the car with all options bought, next time I want to play: BOuM ! In your face adicted gamer, you cant play anymore... mouhahahahahaha !

Meh ! :(

Do you really say "Keep on racing !!" to guys that cant play because of a bug that dont allow game to start ?!? 

lol

I said keep on racing as a way to salute or whatever, if you can´t figure out how this issue can be avoid at least to KEEP PLAYING while the patch comes out, i recommend to you read the forum and find the tips to do it. Or read other post by me and other users.

I´m talking about saving, not auto-saving and all those stuff that doesn´t rathers to mention. You can´t play beacuse of a great bug, right, but you can avoid it following some BASIC operations like SAVE cumulative and watch the garage and car sell prices; that´s all. If you overwrite the file or do not watch and test your saves is your problem.

The only thing here is the help i was trying to tell to another user; i don´t know, and don´t mind, your mouhahahaha!!, your Meh! or your lol.

Read and learn.

" Te lo diré más claro en mi idioma:

si no tienes ni idea de lo que estás hablando, al menos deja el sarcasmo, lee, aprende y te ruego que no uses mis palabras para sacarlas de contexto; graciosetes, bufones y lammers no forman parte de mi tiempo; confórmate con que te haya contestado. Nadie te ha pedido que interfieras en la ayuda a otro usuario. Si eres tan listo recupera tus datos por tus medios, si no, mantente al margen o al menos no vengas a hacerte el gracioso o el ofendido, yo no tengo la culpa de tus carencias"

Salute.

And Keep on Waiting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is why 99% of games out there save progress on their servers. Delete the save but still have your online progress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why 99% of games out there save progress on their servers. Delete the save but still have your online progress

Exactly!! last year was suggested when Grid 2 had the same issue; if ALL the content is in their servers this issue it should be fixed in minutes, but there´s a blend of data mixed in local file where co-exists the part of the online progress and the garage wich is part of the online itself.

CM decided to do it this way and obviously is a big problem when is about a corrupted save wich compromises that mix; RaceNet Challenges are exclusively online part, the garage not, it can show your actually cars and the olders or selled but in fact respond to the data save in local file. Online progress and Level are the same, (whileXP points keeps there forever altought the file becomes corrupted, but kept there forever static, never restart if the data is corrupted or changed), it could be seen in RaceNet but still are part of the data progress save in localfile...anyway i hope they learn this time that never this kind of stuff should be mixed.

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Loore, what would your advice be for those of us on PC experiencing save corruption after the patch that was intended to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the high resale value glitch being fixed in this patch? I didn't see any notes on it. I mean, if not, I'm won't complain. How can one really be mad at this?

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-0/10565037_832667416745110_3082525664726545754_n.jpg?oh=e6a5fd40f0ea79b236273e0756e70d9c&oe=5464A857&__gda__=1417600609_cc6eaae54a158f5cd45d5e51a9737627

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TUSMBOX said:

So is the high resale value glitch being fixed in this patch? I didn't see any notes on it. I mean, if not, I'm won't complain. How can one really be mad at this?

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-0/10565037_832667416745110_3082525664726545754_n.jpg?oh=e6a5fd40f0ea79b236273e0756e70d9c&oe=5464A857&__gda__=1417600609_cc6eaae54a158f5cd45d5e51a9737627

Th problem seems to be around garage: car values, upgrades but is a bunch of things mixed and very randomly and inpredictable as far as i experienced, but technically i think that there´s not going to be a descrition of the bug causes, simply they said:

Save Game Fix - Resolved several issues which potentially would have caused player saves becoming corrupt during prolonged playtime.

I understand this as the whole fix, wich surely implies wrong value cars, 0$ glitch, tunning upgrades lost and everything other issues related to the garage. I´m pretty sure that they fixed,tech and programmers knows what they do, i hope... (nah!! joking), sadly this comes almost two months later but at least it´ll come and fix it, i have faith!! XD.

Salute.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its hard to have faith in a company that now has put out the last two Grid games anyway with MAJOR BUG AND ONLINE ISSUES.  Especially when it has misinformed us and then not informed us at all. I have yet to see an official announcement of when or even IF this issue will be rectified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loore could you confirm that if I save my corrupt data on a memory stick, then continue playing a new save data using my same gamertag. But when the patch arrives then delete the tempery save data ive been using and  copy my orignal corrupt save data from the stick back to the harddrive and l be back in action again. Ive now lost 3 profiles and dont want to  build up a 4th and put the effort in. Id like to stil play the game but will this bring back the profile that just got corrupted today. Pls reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have given up, its a shame its a fun game. We have 3 xboxs and if a games good we get 3 copies, 240 bucks to codies not this time, this corrupt file issue was dealt with very unprofessionally, FINISH AND TEST YOUR GAMES CORRECTLY, and stop farming out beta product to test infield, dont follow the EA business model, or you too will be awarded the-prestigious  golden turd youre in the running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres an interesting fact. Codies is offering refunds on STEAM for CM Rally because it is not what they advertised. I would say GAS is not what they advertised either and if they wanted to really show good faith as they say, they should do the same for all of us affected and now disgusted about this save file corrupt issue. With CM Rally being so cheap I doubti they will do the same for us who forked out full game price along with DLC we purchased. Funny, "good faith" my @$$. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reloaded4 said:

loore could you confirm that if I save my corrupt data on a memory stick, then continue playing a new save data using my same gamertag. But when the patch arrives then delete the tempery save data ive been using and  copy my orignal corrupt save data from the stick back to the harddrive and l be back in action again. Ive now lost 3 profiles and dont want to  build up a 4th and put the effort in. Id like to stil play the game but will this bring back the profile that just got corrupted today. Pls reply. 

I think u need to say @loore so he knows he's got something to read . Can u answer this @loore ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@loore Is there any chance of us console users getting a "Triple XP" week for the month of waiting that Codemasters has put us through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reloaded4 said:

loore could you confirm that if I save my corrupt data on a memory stick, then continue playing a new save data using my same gamertag. But when the patch arrives then delete the tempery save data ive been using and  copy my orignal corrupt save data from the stick back to the harddrive and l be back in action again. Ive now lost 3 profiles and dont want to  build up a 4th and put the effort in. Id like to stil play the game but will this bring back the profile that just got corrupted today. Pls reply. 

That should be fine, but it would be at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×