DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

@loore Is there any chance of us console users getting a "Triple XP" week for the month of waiting that Codemasters has put us through?

It's been requested from my side but at this time I think it'll be unlikely.

Loore said:
Thought it easier to create a new thread on this :)
Corrupt Save Files
  • This is fixed in an upcoming console patch
  • The  corrupt save file issue has been fixed on PC
  • Once applied the patch will 'fix' corrupt saves, allowing you to carry on from where you left off
  • Please note, if you overwrite your save file it will not give you back your progress

PC Patches

• We're already working on a new PC patch
  • We'll bring you more info on that as it develops

@Loore has the pc corruption issue been fixed now?  A previously corrupted file should just now work?

thanks

Adamhar said:

I have given up, its a shame its a fun game. We have 3 xboxs and if a games good we get 3 copies, 240 bucks to codies not this time, this corrupt file issue was dealt with very unprofessionally, FINISH AND TEST YOUR GAMES CORRECTLY, and stop farming out beta product to test infield, dont follow the EA business model, or you too will be awarded the-prestigious  golden turd youre in the running

You payed $80 for GAS?! Where the hell do you live?!

A shame this is still not patched, I moved to the X1 a couple of weeks ago so haven't thought much about this, frankly this length of time is a little ludicrous Codies you must make sure to spot these kind if bugs, I know they slip through the net occasionally but 2 games in a row in the same engine is pretty disastrous.....

I imagine the online for GAS is now dead which us a real shame as it was stupidly addictive when it released, hopefully you guys can now learn and move forward from this :) I'm still looking forward to next gen F1 and will maybe pop back in GAS when thus is FINALLY fixed....

Loore said:

@loore Is there any chance of us console users getting a "Triple XP" week for the month of waiting that Codemasters has put us through?

It's been requested from my side but at this time I think it'll be unlikely.

@Loore Damn, that sucks because that was the only way I was going to go buy the game again.

I also wanted to say that you did a great job re-doing this thread and the 1st post is a huge improvement from the old thread! As a moderator of another website I know first hand that you can't satisfy all users but I see that you're taking steps in the right direction with this thread.

A shame this is still not patched, I moved to the X1 a couple of weeks ago so haven't thought much about this, frankly this length of time is a little ludicrous Codies you must make sure to spot these kind if bugs, I know they slip through the net occasionally but 2 games in a row in the same engine is pretty disastrous.....

I imagine the online for GAS is now dead which us a real shame as it was stupidly addictive when it released, hopefully you guys can now learn and move forward from this :) I'm still looking forward to next gen F1 and will maybe pop back in GAS when thus is FINALLY fixed....

they were not 2 games there were
f1 2010
f12011
dirt showdown
grid2
grid autosport

f1 2012 + f1 2013 i dont know

day 43

f1 2010
f12011
dirt showdown
grid2
grid autosport

day 43

Day 43 and counting...

oscarhmj said:

Day 43 and counting...

Wow, 43 days to fix this "corrupt file" problem that has been with the game since release. One single problem and CM has refused to fix it for that long. It would not take 2 months to fix a single game-breaking problem, so they must have decided to wait and try and fix everything else they could instead of just getting us back to playing. 

Hmm, should have been simple, just get us back to playing. Oh, and in the middle of all of this, why not try and charge us more $$ for DL content we can't even play. 

It is just so weird that so many game companies these days have taken advantage of their customer so much in ways like this. This will be written  in gaming history as the era where the devs were just full of themselves. And those companies will not be around anymore and replaced by the era of the devs that did care and made sound products with great support. The day is coming my good, $$ paying, game supporting, friends. The day is coming!

well if you want to lose hard earned money shadsville so be it. But I for one was so eager to play this game bought it feom to he PS store so I am out of luck to get ripped off by the likes of gamestop and other places that give you 33 percent of what you payed even if you trade it in sell it the next day. That is another very sore spot with me is the fact that they give tou less than half and then knock 5 bucks off a used game and most games now have online passes that cost 10. So you really pay more for the game than if you purchased it new. Gamestop will have the day just like blockbuster and find themselves out of business when another small company comes along and does it all cheaper. Cant wait for that. Butback to the original reason. I bought it from PS store so I could start playing at midnight and not leave my house to get it, put WAY too much fauth in CM thats for sure cause I am stuck just like with grid 2

oscarhmj said:

f1 2010
f12011
dirt showdown
grid2
grid autosport

day 43

Day 43 and counting...

I guess identifying all the problems, having them fixed and getting the patch submitted takes time. I handle system errors for my company also, and from the point an issue is raised to us, investigated so the problem is known and fixed in production so the client doesn't have it anymore, it also takes weeks and in some cases even months for just one technical issue (although that shouldn't happen but the world is not perfect).

The game will be perfectly playable afterwards, and i don't want to miss out on that experience. I do agree however that Codemasters should get their pre release testing in check, and don't screw up with another buggy game in the future, as they've had one too many of these so i hear.

So last week Loore told us that the patch was with Sony and Microsoft and that we should get it by the end of this week.... end of the week is nearly here :)

@Loore, what would your advice be for those of us on PC experiencing save corruption after the patch that was intended to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

@Loore, any word on this?

Update on the console patches.

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks.

Loore said:

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks.

Thanks for the open & honest update. You're right: it's not the news I was hoping to hear, but I can respect that it's at least some real & tangible information that provides us with some understandable context around what's going on.

this is getting ridiculous. You call yourself codeMASTERS? Lol. And no fix for the high repaircosts? I play games for 30 years and never saw this kind of bs.

@Loore I guess it's the problem that PC users have been reporting recently?

Disappointing news as I was looking forwards to playing again but ... oh well, no birthday patch present for me. :-(

Loore said:

thank you @loore for keeping us updated, hope this patch covers all bugs in the game. looking forward to racing online again soon. FINGERS CROSSED :D

@Loore I too agree not the greatest news but at least it is valuable and honest info. Thank you from all of us players who are waiting for this to be fixed for the prompt update.

Thanks for the info Loore.... Not your fault but very disappointing.  

Cards on the table please.... Is this problem likely to ever get fixed or will there come a point when the decision makers at CM decide to give up?