Sign in to follow this  

Corrupt Save File / Console Patches

Cheers for the info, this just proves how complex games are these days.

Keep up the hard work, I prefer for you take a little longer getting it right than to give us a quick fix that doesn't  work properly.

I recently got my save back due to a glitch in the system again, so I'm happy gaming with all my cars. :) 

Thanks for letting us know at least.

I would've been okay with G:AS getting a delayed release date to fix these problems beforehand. That's better than buying a game brand new and being unable to play it properly, it's frustrating but can't do much about it I guess.

"Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one"

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I would like to have my money back. How many times must I say this?
and take this game from the market until the problem is fixed. or do they want to sell for stupid people

It is unbelievable. for 2010, there's this problem. 

and you need not sell f1 2015

Thanks for letting us know at least.

I would've been okay with G:AS getting a delayed release date to fix these problems beforehand. That's better than buying a game brand new and being unable to play it properly, it's frustrating but can't do much about it I guess.

ABSOLUTELY!! I agree 100%.

I can't for the life of me understand this new mind set of Game Devs. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! All it does is cause anger, lack of trust,aggravation, etc. What can possibly be gained operating like this when developers release games they KNOW have issues. Just finish the damn job before putting it out.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but it is just crazy. They absolutely know of the bugs, and release it for retail sales anyway. If they don't know, that's just as bad! That is part of the game developers job, making sure it is working properly. I am sure there is a lot more to it all than I know, but nobody can ever convince me that they release these games, not knowing of 80-90 percent of the problems.

Ok, I am done, as I am just repeating myself. I can't figure it out, except that I and other friends have vowed.....no more purchasing games with no quality control. Thanks for putting up with my rant, but it really ticks me off to get exited about a new game only to have to shelve it for weeks until they fix what should have been done ahead of time. What is going on?

fireant68 said:

"Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one"

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Hey, how's it going buddy?! (other than not being able to play Grid that is)

----------------------------------------

To Codemasters:

At this point, with today's news, I've reached a decision.  Here are the factors:  Corrupt save file issue.  Corrupt save file issue has kept my game completely shelved for over 4 weeks (and existed for even longer).   You're apparently not willing to do so much as a bonus XP week/weekend, let alone giving the affected players the XP Boost dlc (which is what I feel should happen), as a gesture of goodwill for all the grief caused by this issue.

I understand that the last few weeks have been mostly out of your control on how long the patch would be.  But again, releasing the game in a broken state to begin with was your responsibility.  I can even understand that sometimes a colossal cascade of events can lead to a giant mess, like what we're dealing with now.  So what it comes down to is your lack of humility.  You are seemingly doing what you can to fix the problem, but you're are in no way doing what you can to make it right or make it up to the paying customers who have had to put up with this problem for so long.  And if this doesn't change in some way by the time the patch is finally released or very shortly thereafter, I will no longer actively support you as a company.  Therefore, once (if ever) I am able to play this game again I will complete whatever achievements I have left and that's it.  I will buy no dlc packs, no add-ons, tracks, cars, or what have you.  I will never pre-order a Codemasters game again.  I will avoid purchasing any Codemasters game within the first 60-90 days of release, if ever.  And finally, if I ever actually buy any other Codemasters games, I will do my best to find a used copy as to not have my money go directly into your pockets.

Note: Loore, I would think that this is obvious, but to be clear none of this is in any way directed at you.  You seem to do what you can to relay information and updates as they are available for you to do so.  This is directed entirely at whatever group of people are actually running Codemasters (or possibly running into the ground).

Thanks for the info Loore.... Not your fault but very disappointing.  

Cards on the table please.... Is this problem likely to ever get fixed or will there come a point when the decision makers at CM decide to give up?

It is getting fixed.

@Everyone else

Your feedback has been passed on to the relevant people. Again, and I know it's of little comfort but I can only apologise.

SASBlink said:
berre said:

I wonder if for the "Destiny-Beta", if everyone who did the beta, if everyone had paid for. (And for Destiny I would in fact, because it was less buggy than GAS) LOL

I did play the beta test for destiny and it was buggy, a lot more buggy than GAS in fact ( it is a beta of course) it had at least 20 different bugs named after animals, they were all resulting to one common problem, connection and player to player syncing issues. which resulted in alot of people not being able to play the beta at all (and  that does not include the day one bug with resulted in a big patch to be implemented  in order to play again).... when a game is online based with no offline capabilities you gonna run into issues and its going to be very very complex.  If they dont get it right it will turn out to be another "defiance" game which was a major let down.

So @berre, If you are going be cocky at least get your facts right. -_- Grid is nowhere near as bad, at least you can play it, you might have to start again but it still playable. If Destiny does not fix those issues you might not be able to play it at all. 

The problem is that Bungie bothered to test in order to find these teething problems. I didn't really run into any bugs on Destiny, but if other people did then that's what Bungie wanted. :/

Haha so naive!! If you think Destiny will release bug free because they had a public beta you are living in cloud cuckoo land. I gaurentee it will release with some major bugs.

I never said Destiny -won't- release without bugs. No game is ever bug-free. Please do not twist my wording. I said that Bungie bothered to test in order to find the teething problems. That means the 'big' bugs, the gamebreaking bugs, the 'oh my save file is corrupted for the 5th time and there's still no patch' bugs, the 'I can't play this game the way it was meant to be played' bugs.

Thank you.

You can say it till you're blue in the face on here, but I don't know what you expect to achieve. Your purchase contract is with your retailer, so that's who you'll have to ask.

wow!!!!!! delayed again!!!!!

I bought this game to fill a gap in game releases, and that time frame is almost over with.

If Codemasters had worked on just fixing this problem and not everything else too, then we would have been back playing weeks ago. Terrible management of time and resources, TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixing the "broken game" problem should have been first priority!!!
Another dev full of themselves!!!!!!!

And I can't get over them trying to sell us DLC at the same time. Just WOW!!!!!!!!

You can say it till you're blue in the face on here, but I don't know what you expect to achieve. Your purchase contract is with your retailer, so that's who you'll have to ask.

Claim under the sales of goods act.

Item not fit for the purpose for which it was intended.

This should really lie at cm's door as it never was fit for what it was intended as it was full of bugs but they still released it.

MLT24 said:

Fixing the "broken game" problem should have been first priority!!!
Another dev full of themselves!!!!!!!

And I can't get over them trying to sell us DLC at the same time. Just WOW!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it is priority 1.

Fixing these issues takes time and i'm sure they are all working hard to get it fixed. They should however greatly improve their Q & A before releasing a game, i think this is something we can all agree on as there are just too many bugs in the release version.

for me, it depends whether i go broke in the game or not.  i only play racenet challenges, but buy every car which i can afford.  if it glitches...then it's a strike against CM.  point-and-click game-makers equates to point-and-leave gamers.

scottishwildcat I know it makes no difference to say it here but the conttact technicality is with CM. I tried to get a refund from sony whom I bought the product through pre ordered even. They told me my grief is with CM. So this is not the place to ask but Gamestop or any other retailer will tell you the same. CM is the one who ultimately either will give or not give a refund.

I read in an earlier post that the DLC was set for release long before the game was released but that doesnt mean CM couldnt delay the DLC out of respect for the game not functioning properly. So it was possible for them to not release it and maybe it is in poor taste to release DLC when they had these issues is really up to the consumer. I myself did buy 2 of the DLC but that was in good faith that they were working on the issue. Maybe that was naive.

i can not return it.the packaging is open.the game has traces of use.

codemaster should take back game
and wire me the money.
or codemasters give me in writing the game has bugs then I can bring back.

but codemasters to do now. What are they actually. for years, they sell defective games.then they are evil when i get mad then.

not pretend never happened this error

We are not idiots

they have no respect for us otherwise they would react differently

I write mails to the support I get no reply

What are they for a silly company

I don't want any more patch. I want my money

I still can not understand that a experienced developer like codemasters can't develop a game that works. When I play a game like The Last Of Us it plays like a dream with no bugs. But Codemasters are not able to do that, even a patch is to much asked for. 

kimdurose, I dont think it was rushed because of the life of the system. I really believe CM was trying to make up for the poor response and bad reviews from Grid 2. Although that is not an excuse but I really believe they were trying to make up for Grid 2 being such a far stretch fromwhat Grid was an in that maybe let some things fall through the cracks. Just my opinion but they rally made it worse withh this release and the BIG problems it has.

saxerrts said:

scottishwildcat I know it makes no difference to say it here but the conttact technicality is with CM. I tried to get a refund from sony whom I bought the product through pre ordered even. They told me my grief is with CM. So this is not the place to ask but Gamestop or any other retailer will tell you the same. CM is the one who ultimately either will give or not give a refund.

That's not always the case because I was issued a FULL refund to my credit card by Sony... You have to make sure that the representative that you speak with puts in the report that you have troubleshot every possible fix to the game corrupting... Even though Sony knows there is a direct issue with the coding of the game, they still won't issue the refund unless they know that you have troubleshot.

Examples of troubleshooting are...

1) Deleted and re-installed the game

2) Deleted your save data and started a fresh save

3) Restored your system files via safe mode

4) Rebuilt system data base via safe mode

5) Installed the game on a 2nd PS3 system

saxerrts said:

That's not always the case because I was issued a FULL refund to my credit card by Sony... You have to make sure that the representative that you speak with puts in the report that you have troubleshot every possible fix to the game corrupting... Even though Sony knows there is a direct issue with the coding of the game, they still won't issue the refund unless they know that you have troubleshot.

It seems that Microsoft maybe the same, I had to remove & re-install the game, my profile & my hard-drive in a trouble-shoot one of their tech guys took me through before I got a refund from them.

This was also a full refund & was on my credit card.

...I was issued a FULL refund to my credit card by Sony... You have to make sure that the representative that you speak with puts in the report that you have troubleshot every possible fix to the game corrupting... Even though Sony knows there is a direct issue with the coding of the game, they still won't issue the refund unless they know that you have troubleshot.

Wow. If I wanted to go through so much setup & troubleshooting just to play a game, I'd go back to being a PC gamer. :)

I thought the whole point of "console gaming" was ease of use: power on, game on... but it seems like every "new generation" of game consoles is getting to be slower, more expensive, & more hassle.

I wonder if a time will ever come when things just work.

What a complete and utter crock of shit....truly stunning levels of disrespect being shown to the people who provide the money with which CM operates.  Seriously, absolutely NOTHING as a concession for users?!?!?  Double or triple XP would cost you NOTHING out of pocket, and it won't even be considered?  That clearly tells us fans and customers where we stand on the priority list - at the bottom, right after "Make game that actually works".

Guess I'll be taking the time I would have spent playing GAS and use it to write a nice long letter to FOM about why I, and many others, will not be purchasing any F1-licensed games until the rights to make one are given to a company that can actually make a functioning game.  Wonder how long they can hold onto the license if there are thousands of complaints?