SIM Dashboard - Highly customizable Companion App for Android (works with PC,PS4,XBOX)

StryderIT said:
Is there a site where all different layouts are shown and shared in one place?
It's a great app...  but the hardest part is finding and choosing a layout that I like ;)   
Not at the moment, I will add something like that later. For now you can use the Google Image Search (if you found an image it also has an option to find similar images if I remember right)
Raalte said:
Hey. Great app. Will there be more Xbox one games supported in the future? Like Dirt 4/Rally. Thnx in advance 
That depends on the game developers. They must include telemetry in their games. Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally come without telemetry support on the consoles. So you must ask Codemasters to add that feature first.
Project Cars 2 is the next game which will have a telemetry interface.
Ça marche comment? Pourquoi et telle pas en français 
I'm sorry I don't speak french, but you can check out the help pages and translate them http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/help.php?lang=en_US Google Chrome has an included translation mechanism which can translates the whole page.

Ah ok. Kinda weird isn't it that they put in the pc versions of Dirt and in all the versions of f1.

I did a request on the forums of Dirt for it. Seems i'm  not the only one wanting it.

Also looking forward to use this app with Pc2

I must say this is an ingenious app.. Love it, even bulit a cockpit dash extension so i can have my phone just above my f1 wheel. 

I must say this is an ingenious app.. Love it, even bulit a cockpit dash extension so i can have my phone just above my f1 wheel. 
With some velcro and an extra "old" phone you can put it right on the top of the F1 wheel like I (and others I'm sure) have done. 

I think it would be cool if everyone shared their designs in here, since there is currently no hub to do so. 

@StryderIT Would it be possible to create designs on the pc app instead of the mobile one? I sometimes struggle with multiple widgets all on one page and a desktop environment is much easier. Otherwise it works perfectly and is the best out there for sure! 

-Further to this, a method to clone a page would solve most of my issues. I am trying to have the rev lights and other widgets on each page in the same position, and am having to replicate it each time. 

TARJAM said:
What have you done about the fuel bug I reported @StryderIT
I'm already working on an improved fuel consumption calculation algorithm. It will probably be available in the next update and hopefully fix your issue.
@StryderIT Would it be possible to create designs on the pc app instead of the mobile one? I sometimes struggle with multiple widgets all on one page and a desktop environment is much easier. Otherwise it works perfectly and is the best out there for sure! 

-Further to this, a method to clone a page would solve most of my issues. I am trying to have the rev lights and other widgets on each page in the same position, and am having to replicate it each time. 
You can't create the designs on the pc, because this would require a pc application with the same widget drawing logic as the app has (which can't be created in a reasonable time). But you could use a bluetooth mouse on your android device and a chromecast/hdmi cable to get it on a big screen. It's not perfect, just an idea.

Cloning a page is already possible. When you create a new layout page, select "from another game" in the "Create new layout" dialog. It will also contain the layouts of the same game, so you can create a copy.

StryderIT said:
Cloning a page is already possible. When you create a new layout page, select "from another game" in the "Create new layout" dialog. It will also contain the layouts of the same game, so you can create a copy.
Ahh thank you very much, saved me a lot of time. Quick response as well is much appreciated, looking to keep using and supporting this app as it really is the best on the market for my needs. 

I just got an android tablet and downloaded this app from the google play store. The app will not load and gives an 'unsecure environment' error. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

The minimum requirement is Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) - Android API Level 16, Ice Cream Sandwich is the predecessor and not supported (older Android versions are missing required features in the Android API). You can of course check if there is an alternative ROM for your phone.

Maybe  update your firmware

The developer helped me resolve the issue very quickly. Apparently there was a preloaded app on the tablet that triggered the security risk error. Deleted and now it works great!

i am going to create a couple layouts this weekend and I'll share here. I hope more people do as well, cause the app is amazing and there are so many possibilities for cool functional designs. 

Can some help me here, downloaded this app went through the tuturiol and noticed that the app gave a different IP address to what my PS4 was giving. Should I change this to what the app gives? Also how do you get my phone and the PS4
 to talk to each other? As the task bar states not connected

Timm53 said:
Can some help me here, downloaded this app went through the tuturiol and noticed that the app gave a different IP address to what my PS4 was giving. Should I change this to what the app gives? Also how do you get my phone and the PS4
 to talk to each other? As the task bar states not connected

You must enter the IP address of your phone in the UDP Telemetry settings of F1 2017 on your PS4.
Check out this little help page: http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/help_f12017_udp.php?lang=en_US

The IP Address of your Phone is either displayed inside the app in the Menu -> UDP Help
or in the Wifi Settings of your phone.

Thanks for that, Entered the phones IP on PS4, and went through your tutorial and still came up with NOT CONNECTED. Never mind I will keep trying. Many thanks again

Keep in mind that the game does not send data until you are on the track. In the menus for example no data is send. You must start a race.

You can also try to enable the broadcast mode in the UDP Telemetry settings of F1 2017. This will send the data to any device on the network, so you don't need to enter the IP Address of your phone. It can reduce the performance of the telemetry in some networks, so the non Broadcast mode is preferred.

Thanks for that, all working now, did the Broadcast mode t o start and the app clicked in straight away. Went back into PS and re-armed UDP Telemetry and works even better. So thanks for that. Nice that it then deletes the HUD on TV screen. Just need to look at if it's possible to add  DRS  LED so I can see if it been enabled as I notice that some cars there's no indication on the wheel if it's been engaged. Might be a template out there with it. Might even purchase the F1 2017 version HUD. Once again thanks for help

Allright!
You can either use the DRS indicator in Add widget -> Vehicle -> Lamps -> DRS
or if you open the customization options of any of the LED Bars you can enable "DRS Status on Low Low LED's". This will activate the green (default) LED's when DRS is engaged. Some F1 drivers are using this as well.

This guy has some cool layouts for sim dashboard and a nice wheel setup!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3DpRl3HM-Y