SIM Dashboard - Highly customizable Companion App for Android (works with PC,PS4,XBOX)

@StryderIT

I got a question about the Fuel Left fuel icon.
In the customization of the icon I can choose active color and inactive color. Active color changes the color of the "empty" part. Inactive color doesn't do anything. I can't change the "filled" part of the icon.

Can you please fix this?

Also, is it possible that to put the position of other drivers in it? Don't know if the game gives that information. Would be a nice addition. Also some other features which are on the mfd like pit window and such. 

Best, last and delta lap times. Brake bias by brake temps. Shift light behind gear and rpm bar. Drs white not avail, red avail, green enabled. Background turns yellow if wheels are locking or spinning. Tire compound below brakes and fuel mix above. Tire temps on right w wear below. 

Think mine was incorrect as well. It included a seperate page from an initial layout. Fixed and added w pic. 

daemun said:
Think mine was incorrect as well. It included a seperate page from an initial layout. Fixed and added w pic. 

I think you have to share every page.

Raalte said:
daemun said:

I think you have to share every page.
No idea, updated anyway :)

Damn, looks like a nice app. Codemasters being what they are, you need an app to see gears when playing with correct fov.. Will be buying this!
Just curious what your camera settings are? Looking for a good cockpit setup.

you will love the app btw!

Damn, looks like a nice app. Codemasters being what they are, you need an app to see gears when playing with correct fov.. Will be buying this!

You play with T-cam? That's not the correct fov imho. 

Raalte said:
In the customization of the icon I can choose active color and inactive color. Active color changes the color of the "empty" part. Inactive color doesn't do anything. I can't change the "filled" part of the icon.
I have checked that icon again, and it does what it's supposed to.
The icon has two colors, inactive and active color. The active color is the filled part of the icon (the gasoline / liquid). For example: If you have 40% fuel left, the upper 60% of the icon has the "inactive color" (that's the empty part) and the lower 40% of the icon has the "active color" (that's the filled part).

Asking the same question over and over again wont help...
The next update will have a reworked fuel calculation code where you can specify if the calculations should be done with the average of the current lap / the last lap / the last two laps / the last ... laps / the last five laps or the average since session has started.

Am not talking About average man,  referring to the widget which shows you how much + or minis fuel i. Terms of laps. In strategy screen ingame when u add or reduce fuel it shows in the hud ingame and changes (increase decrease) based on mix used and driving style. 

Hope it is clear now

thank you

Currentlt it shows -94 laps in quali and race then reduces to zero almost throughout the session!!

I know exactly which widget you are refering to.
The additional laps are calculated from the remaining fuel and the Average fuel consumption! -> The result of this calculation are the remaining laps until the car runs out of fuel. If you subtract the remaining laps of the race you have the additional laps.
In the next version you can specifiy which average you want to be used (I have pointed that out in the last message). The more laps are considered in the average the more smoothed the value will be. The current lap average will give more variable results instead. I hope that you now understand why it makes a difference what average you are using for this calculation.
The fuel calculation also gets some overall improvements and some bugfixes.

Final note on this one: You wont ever get the exact same additional lap value as the in game screen shows, because this value is not provided by the telemetry and the formula which calculates this value is not provided too (maybe the fuel mix or other parameters have some influence on the calculation, but as long as we don't know the internal fuel algorithms of the game we can't replicate that formula)

But: If the average which is used in the app for the additional lap calculation is correct the result will be correct too. Example: The average fuel consumption is 2l per lap, you have 10l fuel left in the tank and you are about to begin lap 49 of 50 then you will have 6l fuel left in your tank at the end of the race (10l - 2x 2l). So additional laps are +3Laps.

So just wait for the next update, which fixes some general fuel calculation issues and select your desired average for the calculation then.

StryderIT said:
Raalte said:
I have checked that icon again, and it does what it's supposed to.
The icon has two colors, inactive and active color. The active color is the filled part of the icon (the gasoline / liquid). For example: If you have 40% fuel left, the upper 60% of the icon has the "inactive color" (that's the empty part) and the lower 40% of the icon has the "active color" (that's the filled part).

Mine doesn't unfortunately. To test I selected red as active color and green as inactive color.
The icon however shows red as inactive color and the default yellow as active. If I change the active to blue, the inactive becomes blue.

https://ibb.co/bHgUPQ
https://ibb.co/gpgw4Q

Raalte said:

Mine doesn't unfortunately. To test I selected red as active color and green as inactive color.
The icon however shows red as inactive color and the default yellow as active. If I change the active to blue, the inactive becomes blue.

Allright, I was able to reproduce it now. I will fix that in the next update.

First:  Great app!
Would it be possible to add a "load from URL" to go with scan and "load from image"?
My Kobo tablet's front-facing camera is not supported for scanning (no big deal), and it would be so much simpler to load the URL directly in SIM Dashboard rather than have to go through to browser to save the image first.
Thanks!

That would work if the QR Code would contain an Url, but it does contain the data of the design instead. The advantage of that solution is, that no server backend is required which serves the designs.

So for the moment you have to save the image first if your device has no (supported) camera, sorry.

@StryderIT is there a way have the current lap time flash and then freeze for a couple of seconds after completing a lap? 

StryderIT said:
Raalte said:

Allright, I was able to reproduce it now. I will fix that in the next update.

Thnx mate.

gvegas66 said:
@StryderIT is there a way have the current lap time flash and then freeze for a couple of seconds after completing a lap? 
Can always just add last lap time above current lap time. I use purple(best), last and current delta best. 

daemun said:
gvegas66 said:
Can always just add last lap time above current lap time. I use purple(best), last and current delta best. 
Yes this was my first thought but I am running out of space, so many great widgets! I only need to see that time briefly so I thought this would be a great addition.