SIM Dashboard - Highly customizable Companion App for Android (works with PC,PS4,XBOX)

How did you get your phone on the f1 wheel
I have used two sticky magnet holders that I put on my wheel: SKYEE 2 Magnet
If your phone does not have a metallic back, you need to use the included 3M Plates that are in the SKYEE package. I didn't want to glue them on the phone, so I put them in the mumbi UltraSlim Cover before inserting the phone into the Case.
This combination holds it very tight and is easily detachable (magnetic).

I have no idea how to set sim dashboard up

Hi would really love if somehow you could do this update to the app 

WHEN BRAKE BALANCE IS CHANGED  IT COMES UP IN FULL SCREEN WHAT THE BRAKE BALENCE IS IN BIG FONT WITH A BLANK BACKGROUND FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS THEN RETURNS BACK TO THE DASHBOARD A BIT LIKE THE BACKGROUND SHIFT LIGHT 

ALSO IF THIS COULD BE DONE WITH FUEL MIX AND ERS DEPLOYMENT IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT 

THIS IS VERY MUCH NEEDED WHEN USING A SMALL PHONE AS A DASHBOARD ON A STEERING WHEEL AS THIS WOULD COME UP IN LARGE FONTS ALSO FILLING THE SCREEN WITH A BLANK BACKGROUND FOR A FEW SECONDS MAKING IT EASIER TO SEE WHILE CONCENTRATING ON DRIVING

Ps watch a video of Lewis Hamilton dash doing this when he changes his brake balance 

Also if people reading this comment agree hit the agree button so the so the app designer's can see it is of interest to people 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:51 AM, Guest said:

Hi would really love if somehow you could do this update to the app 

WHEN BRAKE BALANCE IS CHANGED  IT COMES UP IN FULL SCREEN WHAT THE BRAKE BALENCE IS IN BIG FONT WITH A BLANK BACKGROUND FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS THEN RETURNS BACK TO THE DASHBOARD A BIT LIKE THE BACKGROUND SHIFT LIGHT 

ALSO IF THIS COULD BE DONE WITH FUEL MIX AND ERS DEPLOYMENT IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT 

THIS IS VERY MUCH NEEDED WHEN USING A SMALL PHONE AS A DASHBOARD ON A STEERING WHEEL AS THIS WOULD COME UP IN LARGE FONTS ALSO FILLING THE SCREEN WITH A BLANK BACKGROUND FOR A FEW SECONDS MAKING IT EASIER TO SEE WHILE CONCENTRATING ON DRIVING

Ps watch a video of Lewis Hamilton dash doing this when he changes his brake balance 

Also if people reading this comment agree hit the agree button so the so the app designer's can see it is of interest to people 

I have added this feature now in Version 2.8.8.5 of the App!

You'll find the new Widget in Misc -> Text -> Data Popup

Have fun!

On 1/12/2017 at 2:16 AM, StryderIT said:

@1512marcel
I would not rule out that it happens, but currently I'm not working on a port. I'm focused on adding new features / supported games to the android app.
Moreover I recommend an Android device as an additional dashboard anyway, because its cheaper most of the time and that is what matters when you plan to permanently integrate it in your rig. But I understand that users out there already have their Apple devices and ask why they cannot use them. So for the moment I have to say, that it wont happen in the near future, sorry.
By the way: Thank you very much for your compliments about the app's visuals! 🙂

@carpa
Currently it works with Project Cars and F1 2016 on PS4. Unfortunately the problem is, that most PS4 (and XBOX) versions of the games do not support telemetry readout. I'd gladly like to add more PS4/XBOX support, but right now it's just not possible.

What android device is similar to a iPhone X?

On 2/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, StryderIT said:

Have fun!

Stryder if you could fix the following it would be great

the car behind and car ahead widgets for F1 2017 at least gets stuck a lot to where if you fall back or move ahead it wont change who the driver is thats ahead or behind you and to fix it you have to shut the app off and re open it

also it labels Kyvat as Kwjat on the app instead of Kyvat

13 hours ago, Dault3883 said:

the car behind and car ahead widgets for F1 2017 at least gets stuck a lot to where if you fall back or move ahead it wont change who the driver is thats ahead or behind you and to fix it you have to shut the app off and re open it

also it labels Kyvat as Kwjat on the app instead of Kyvat

Regarding driver ahead/behind: Are you running the game on the PC or on PS4/Xbox?

I think your name suggestion is also wrong, most probably only a typo. :classic_happy:
He seems to be called Kvyat, Kwjat is was he is called in german. My guess is that his name is
cyrillic and all his name occurrences in the latin alphabet are just translations. But using the global english one is probably a good idea.

Hi,

Great application. I have been using it for 2 years now. Both on PC and PS4. 

Is it possible to add the # of pits the drivers have done during the race? It would be graet to see who has pitted and who has not.

Thank You

Haluk

14 hours ago, StryderIT said:

Regarding driver ahead/behind: Are you running the game on the PC or on PS4/Xbox?

I think your name suggestion is also wrong, most probably only a typo. :classic_happy:
He seems to be called Kvyat, Kwjat is was he is called in german. My guess is that his name is
cyrillic and all his name occurrences in the latin alphabet are just translations. But using the global english one is probably a good idea.

PC 

and for the Kvyat yes i am using the global english one mine is not in german in the app on the driver ahead behind it labels his name as Kwjat instead of Kvyat like its supposed to

On 2/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, StryderIT said:

Have fun!

Hi, this is a great app, well done for the work and commitment you have put into it!

I have a question, with the data popup widget, I see you can only have this for brake balance. Is it possible to add a pop up for the pit limiter too like in this picture ?

Thanks !

ren f1.jpg

10 hours ago, mattrans said:

Hi, this is a great app, well done for the work and commitment you have put into it!

I have a question, with the data popup widget, I see you can only have this for brake balance. Is it possible to add a pop up for the pit limiter too like in this picture ?

Thanks !

ren f1.jpg

Hi!

You could do the following to achieve this:
Take the Pit Limiter Text Widget from Vehicle -> Pit Lane -> Pitlimiter (style text)

Then for the widget customization options:
- ON Color: #FF000000 (black)
- OFF Color: #00000000 (transparent)
- Check: Use Custom Text
- ON Text: PIT
- OFF Text:
- Backgroundcolor if ON: #FFFFFFFF (white)
- Backgroundcolor if OFF: #00000000 (transparent)
- Font: Roboto
- Fontsie: 90
- Textdirection: Center
- Aspect Ratio: 12:6

This will create the White Background with the PIT Text if the PIT Limiter is active. If you need to stretch it all the way over the entire screen Width, I think I need to adjust the maximum width in the next update.
If you place the widget in the Z-Order below your Gear and Speed Widget and set the Textdirection to Left, the white Background would look like in your Picture (when I have extended the maximum width of the widget).

1 hour ago, StryderIT said:

Hi!

You could do the following to achieve this:
Take the Pit Limiter Text Widget from Vehicle -> Pit Lane -> Pitlimiter (style text)

Then for the widget customization options:
- ON Color: #FF000000 (black)
- OFF Color: #00000000 (transparent)
- Check: Use Custom Text
- ON Text: PIT
- OFF Text:
- Backgroundcolor if ON: #FFFFFFFF (white)
- Backgroundcolor if OFF: #00000000 (transparent)
- Font: Roboto
- Fontsie: 90
- Textdirection: Center
- Aspect Ratio: 12:6

This will create the White Background with the PIT Text if the PIT Limiter is active. If you need to stretch it all the way over the entire screen Width, I think I need to adjust the maximum width in the next update.
If you place the widget in the Z-Order below your Gear and Speed Widget and set the Textdirection to Left, the white Background would look like in your Picture (when I have extended the maximum width of the widget).

That's great. I'll give it a go, and I look forward to the next update. 

Hey is it possible to run Sim hub for bass shaker and simdashboard.  Both r  using the same port and make conflict in dirt rally 2.0 

@StryderIT

Can you add the differential setting widget and a differential data pop up to the app

Thanks 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, tea3k said:

Hey is it possible to run Sim hub for bass shaker and simdashboard.  Both r  using the same port and make conflict in dirt rally 2.0 

You have to specifiy a different port for the other application, then select the Forward UDP Telemetry Tab in the PC Application and add a Forwarding Entry for Dirt Rally 2.0 with the port of the second application.

1 hour ago, Jajb said:

@StryderIT

Can you add the differential setting widget and a differential data pop up to the app

Thanks 

I'll have a look if I can add it. :classic_happy:

Anyone got this working with Fanaleds? I've got the Fanatec F1 2019 rim and whilst the app is working great I want to forward the requests to Fanaleds in order to get the FlagLeds on the steering wheel to light up too.

I've forwarded the request to the listening port in the app but nothing seems to happen.

Any ideas? I'm on the PC if you didn't already guess.

The app is now supporting also F1 2019 on PS4, Xbox and PC!

I have updated the first post with additional information.
Here is a teaser video for some of the App features that are F1 2019 related:

Is it possible to change driver names (not my own) in the timetable? Cause Butler and Weber are just shown as Driver 71 and Driver72 instead of thier names.

2 minutes ago, BennyF1 said:

Is it possible to change driver names (not my own) in the timetable? Cause Butler and Weber are just shown as Driver 71 and Driver72 instead of thier names.

Is that in classic mode?

I can have a look at that and update it with the next update.

19 minutes ago, StryderIT said:

Is that in classic mode?

I can have a look at that and update it with the next update.

No, it's in career mode 🙂

10 minutes ago, BennyF1 said:

No, it's in career mode 🙂

Ok, but the cars were classic cars or F2 cars?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

For PC is it possibile to have the displays as overlay on the monitor/TV instead of on the android phone? 

Thank you

Haluk

Edited by Halukbay

No, this app is only for Android, sorry.

The main idea behind this app is to improve immersion and remove the data from the game overlay and instead use a dedicated screen (the Android device) like in real life.