SIM Dashboard - Highly customizable Companion App for Android (works with PC,PS4,XBOX)

On 6/30/2019 at 5:44 PM, StryderIT said:

Ok, but the cars were classic cars or F2 cars?

No it were F1 cars (Williams, and Toro Rosso, with Devon Butler and Lukas Weber)

Just now, BennyF1 said:

No it were F1 cars (Williams, and Toro Rosso, with Devon Butler and Lukas Weber)

Ok, thanks! I'll have a look at these driver names. :classic_smile:

Man.....I’d pay good money for this app on iOS. A bunch of my mates in our league would too. Nothing in iOS shows the ERS charge/deployment data at all.  At least from what I’ve seen. 

Great APP!.

Would you mind to add custom driver names? Random numbers in multiplayer games are a bit confusing.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, StryderIT said:

The driver names are not provided by Codemasters due to privacy concerns: Statement from the Developer of the Game here

So unfortunately its not possible at the moment.

Yes, I undestand and I know that, but I wish I could manually replace the random numbers by the drivers names by myself.

If you add an option to save a pre-list of driver names (very useful for league players), and make it possible to replace the numbers udp sends by names from that list.

Example:

Pre list:

John

Rick

Marty

Danny

Start qualify, udp sends players:

Go to menu > assign driver names

Click on 113 and select Marty from drop down list that contains the pre list names

click on 106 and select Danny

click on 107 and select Rick

click on 105 and select John

save button

DONE

Just now, RallyManiacPL said:

How long we will be waiting for Dirt rally 2.0 PS4 support? 

Probably forever 🤷‍♂️, because it's not me who is too lazy to add support for that game.

Codies need to output the telemetry data on consoles, but as long as this feature is not implemented on PS4/Xbox One no one can get the data from the game.
This feature is currently only avaialble in their F1 Games on Consoles, but not for the other Games...

I am having issues when i use the ahead and behind penalties widget, not showing properly the penalty of these Cars. (0 instead of +3) . 

It works properly showing my own penalties and at the timetable widget.

Could be something wrong ? 

Thanks, i LOVE this app

Edited by pedrosdt
  • Agree 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, WiiMoritz said:

Yes, I undestand and I know that, but I wish I could manually replace the random numbers by the drivers names by myself.

If you add an option to save a pre-list of driver names (very useful for league players), and make it possible to replace the numbers udp sends by names from that list.

Example:

Pre list:

John

Rick

Marty

Danny

Start qualify, udp sends players:

Go to menu > assign driver names

Click on 113 and select Marty from drop down list that contains the pre list names

click on 106 and select Danny

click on 107 and select Rick

click on 105 and select John

save button

DONE

@StryderIT

I don't know what you think about it, but I noticed its easier than I thought to know which players is each number.

In custom lobbies, the player names are replaced by a sequential of numbers starting from 100 and in sequence of lobby players, so while in lobby we will already know who is 100, 101, 102, etc and change a configuration anywhere in your app to replace them by real names.

UDP also sends numbers in AI players (hamilton, vettel, etc) but you replace it because you know each number is each player.

Just make a configuration to customize which name should be Player 100, Player 101, etc. and a checkbox to disable/enable the Players Override list.

Thanks

Fernando

Hi,

Is there a way to manage the pages order?

I have an issue, when i use my wheel buttons to swap pages, if i have more than 3 pages it swaps from 1/ 3 and 2/4 for example.

1 hour ago, IceMakeRFR said:

@StryderIT any info in a possible way to manage page order please?

As a sort of "workaround" to change your page order, you can use the upload to community function for each page, then remove your old pages, download them again and add them in the right order. 

Actually I think this also works without uploading, you can duplicate your own designs when adding an item to a new page and selecting "from this device"

Edited by Worntoathread

Hey guys, with the new SIM Dashboard patch they did add this:

Leaderboard: Added an Option to change the Names of Drivers with a tap (useful for F1 2019 Multiplayer Races, were Driver Names are not provided by the game)

Great addition to the already great app! 

16 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Hey guys, with the new SIM Dashboard patch they did add this:

Leaderboard: Added an Option to change the Names of Drivers with a tap (useful for F1 2019 Multiplayer Races, were Driver Names are not provided by the game)

Great addition to the already great app! 

Where did you read that? I can't find any new version.

10 minutes ago, WiiMoritz said:

Where did you read that? I can't find any new version.

The Version is currently in Beta, thats why you cannot see that yet.
Probably he forgot that he is part of the Beta Testers.

The update will be released soon, so you can use these features as well. 😎

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, StryderIT said:

The Version is currently in Beta, thats why you cannot see that yet.
Probably he forgot that he is part of the Beta Testers.

The update will be released soon, so you can use these features as well. 😎

Ok, thanks.

Btw, do you need any new beta testers? :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Does anybody have a good button box template for iRacing running NASCAR? I don't really need the dashboard, just need buttons like Escape, and a way to toggle thru the F1-F9 menus, text shortcuts, pit macros, etc??

Edited by kevinm34232

@StryderIT `Have you looked into support for Arduino nano through mobile devices so we can run WS2812 leds like Simhub?

Most mobile devices now support Arduino thru usb and app etc, it would be cool if you could find a way so you can control the Arduino and leds using the sim dashboard from the USB port on the phone, it would be a game changer as it would be a complete stand alone system of dash and leds

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, TomAAA said:

@StryderIT `Have you looked into support for Arduino nano through mobile devices so we can run WS2812 leds like Simhub?

Most mobile devices now support Arduino thru usb and app etc, it would be cool if you could find a way so you can control the Arduino and leds using the sim dashboard from the USB port on the phone, it would be a game changer as it would be a complete stand alone system of dash and leds

Not yet, maybe this is something that could be added to the app.
One downside of adding something like that is, that it requires new Permissions (USB Access), and some people find it fishy if an app requests a lot of permissions that they cant make sense of at first.

11 minutes ago, thisdisplayname said:

Could this work/be revised/amended to work with a Bluetooth connection??

Potentially yes, but if this would exist, it would only work on PC (on PS4 and Xbox One you cannot send data over Bluetooth if the game does not support it).
This may also introduce Latency issues, has a reduced Range in comparison to Wifi and adds potential issues when dealing with different Bluetooth Stacks and Hardware on Windows.
And finally it needs new permissions, similar to the question above.

I think this could be a solution in special circumstances, when the user plays on the PC, has no Wifi Router but a Bluetooth Dongle. Beside that the Wifi Access should always be superior.

Edited by StryderIT

Been using this app for a few years now, I used to use 3 different apps for different games, this one covers them all now lol.

3 hours ago, StryderIT said:

Not yet, maybe this is something that could be added to the app.
One downside of adding something like that is, that it requires new Permissions (USB Access), and some people find it fishy if an app requests a lot of permissions that they cant make sense of at first.

Thanks for the reply. Im sure the people downloading the app would know why it was needed for the racing app. It would be something to look into as I know many racers that get frustrated with the simhub system, and love how yours is standalone on mobile, just missing those real leds.