Sign in to follow this  

1st ever PS4 Community Race Livestreamed at January 18th Canada (Sign-up and Interest Thread)

Nice, so far 13 ppl interested in less then a day, will update the first post with the race details in the afternoon

jinCHEZ said:
Hey, it's a nice idea and I might be interested for this, I'll sign up once I'm convinced :p Anyway, just a info question, how do you see going from this to an actual race exactly or did I miss something?

Also, shouldn't there be some kind of racing or lag restrictments?
i thought about being it more lighthearted , to get as many ppl from different leagues/communites involved as possible, all assists will be allowed and as i said i wanted to assess  primarily if there is interest involved.

Over twitter Alex Zafro told me that he'd be up to commentate it and if we get enough interest we could try to get aarav onboard aswell

Another idea that is worth noticing is that maybe after the season of most leagues is finished we could arrange a "best of all leagues" race, where the top 4 of the biggest 5/6 leagues are copeting against each other in one race, but this should be done with much more preperation, therefore i want to keep it lighthearted this time.

Once we get enough sign ups and interest i will start organising the actual race which should be done with AOR format + sim damage and the track should be decided via strawpoll.
I have this idea as well - A race of champions for leagues. Something I want to do definitely but there's a lot of "admin" involved in contacting several leagues and making sure drivers are available etc.

jinCHEZ said:
Hey, it's a nice idea and I might be interested for this, I'll sign up once I'm convinced :p Anyway, just a info question, how do you see going from this to an actual race exactly or did I miss something?

Also, shouldn't there be some kind of racing or lag restrictments?
i thought about being it more lighthearted , to get as many ppl from different leagues/communites involved as possible, all assists will be allowed and as i said i wanted to assess  primarily if there is interest involved.

Over twitter Alex Zafro told me that he'd be up to commentate it and if we get enough interest we could try to get aarav onboard aswell

Another idea that is worth noticing is that maybe after the season of most leagues is finished we could arrange a "best of all leagues" race, where the top 4 of the biggest 5/6 leagues are copeting against each other in one race, but this should be done with much more preperation, therefore i want to keep it lighthearted this time.

Once we get enough sign ups and interest i will start organising the actual race which should be done with AOR format + sim damage and the track should be decided via strawpoll.
I have this idea as well - A race of champions for leagues. Something I want to do definitely but there's a lot of "admin" involved in contacting several leagues and making sure drivers are available etc.
All the leagues are in the middle of their seasons, sth like this should be set up around march/april imo and i think the most difficult league to contact might be F1 italian as most drivers are present in multiple leagues and so they can contact each other

PSN: xMayhemMadness
Community involvement :  AOR Split 1 driver, best finish 4th. Alex's Teammate ;)
Why i should take part on this: I want the PS4 communtity to be bigger than Xbox, we have cleaner racing and it's time more people knew about us.

I think it would be great to have @Worntoathread @jinCHEZ and @DauntingConch onboard, to have some of the original beta testers from march on board and also to avoid that this race turns into an AOR Social

PSN:HRacingGreen2400
Community Involvement: AOR S12 PS4 GP2 driver, Former AOR S11 PS4 F1 driver, selected to take part in the F1 2016 closed beta test.
Why I should take part in this: I'm an avid F1 follower and consider myself to be fairly proficient on F1 2016 and so would like to test my skills against some of the best. I'd also just like to have some fun and try to aid the campaign of the PS4 side of AOR. That being said, I'd be happy to be a part of the commentary team were I not to race, as I enjoy commentating and think this would be a good place to test my skills in that department as well.

PSN: USPBauer24

Community Involvement: I am quite new to F1 games so very little I'm afraid. Forum user and Youtube watcher.

Why I should take part: I won't be the quickest but I race fairly and try my hardest. I'd love to be part of an F1 PS4 community and develop and learn on the way.  

PSN: danthesnake22
Community Involvement: Race in AOR PS4 F1 League, SRL and PSGL NAC. Also co-commentator for AOR PS4 F1 highlights
Why should I take part in this: I will take GR-Demon out for the benefit of everyone

PSN: TheSkySoldier13 / [BTW_F1] Ruben (Steam)
Community Involvment: I am small youtuber who started doing videos the day F1 2016 was out, and I'm trying go meet new people and have fun, as well as to make a name for myself in the community.
Why should I take part in this: I have played F1 games since 2005, and I have been practising so I could take part in AOR season 13. So far I belive that I am fairly fast and clean in my race craft (you can check that if you want in my YT channel) and I want to test myself against the best of this community.

Hi,
I'd love to join online races.

PSN: danielsinnema
Community involvement : I watch every F1 race. I used to play F1 2015 and nowadays I play F1 2016 on PS4. I think F1 2016 for PS4 should get more attention on YouTube. However, I'm not a YouTuber, and the main reason I wish to join is that I'd like to participate in good, serious and clean races. By the way, I have T150 as steering wheel. 
Why i should take part on this: I'm a clean racer and enjoy playing fair. I always play without any assists except the 3d racing line in the corners. But I'm totally fine with the settings you suggested.

Best regards, 
Daniel

PSN: Odemdemz98 Youtube:Odemdemz98

Community Involvement: F1TsHub Driver, Co-owner of ARL and 100% Podium streak in PSGL.
Why Should I Take Part: I'm a very quick driver, Top 10 on a good few tracks on TT and a somewhat experienced league racer. simply looking to race with others of the same skill level.

Okay guys here are a few Points i want to discuss with you:

1.  @AliK17YT Will streaming this race for us on Youtube, which is great news for us because he appeared on Matt's stream last time and gained quite a following over there. He will be joined by a co-commentator, that is yet to be announced
  2. My prefered Track choice is Spa, as we do not have to practice too much for it and th slipstream will promote close racing. Other choices might be Suzuka, or Abu Dhabi
  3. I'd like to make this race a 100% race to counteract the tyre glitch and to really put on a good show, therefore I'd like to ask, if we should go for 7:30 pm as a start time
  4. I think wednesday is the day where most leagues are not racing, so I'd like tochoose wednesday the 18th of january as a race day
  5. Sign-ups will close 3 days before the race and the grid will be announced in the Morning of the 16th.
  6. After everything is set please spread the word about the race in your Leagues, because i really want this race to be a good representation of the PS4 community.  

If anyone has fundamental problems with my thinking, please DM me and i will get your Feedback, but a 100% race on wednesday is my preferd choice right now

PSN: baxconsoleplanet
Community involvement :
admin of ItalianVS, streamer, streaming apps developer (graphic overlay)
Why I should take part on this:
not as a driver. Quite sure some driver of our team will be interested in all this, once I'll tell them what it's going on.

Have a feeling there's many other more deserving people out there atm (voluteneering to be the first to lose his seat should someone come along), but even if I'm not racing I'd be more than happy to be involved in some other way.

PSN: Shimassi
Community involvement: Newly started YouTuber, where F1 will be one of my main focuses. Also looking to get into league racing (once I get hold of manual gears)
Why I should take part: Seen what the xbox side is like, and would like to start something of the sort on PSN. Been playing racing games for years (started on Colin McCrea Rally). Had a couple of F1 games over the years but really started this year! :)

The tyre wear glitch will still exist and be even more present in a full 100% race than in a 50% race imo.
Instead, I'd suggest we do a track with low tyre wear or where the tyre wear glitch is not as important. My picks are Sochi (god please no), Monaco, Canada, Hungary, maybe Spa due to the short pitlane.
I'd be more up for 50% than 100% since it's closer to all league races I'm doing but up to you.

Also, the PSGL no-assist championship is on wednesdays I think, and Ali is racing in that one so wednesdays are a no-no. I'd suggest tuesday instead.

Also, it's @AliK173  :p

MilosMiki said:
The tyre wear glitch will still exist and be even more present in a full 100% race than in a 50% race imo.
Instead, I'd suggest we do a track with low tyre wear or where the tyre wear glitch is not as important. My picks are Sochi (god please no), Monaco, Canada, Hungary, maybe Spa due to the short pitlane.
I'd be more up for 50% than 100% since it's closer to all league races I'm doing but up to you.

Also, the PSGL no-assist championship is on wednesdays I think, and Ali is racing in that one so wednesdays are a no-no. I'd suggest tuesday instead.

Also, it's @AliK173  :p
I just think that we have an abundance of 50% races and a 100% would really show how special the race is.

Regarding the day i do not care tbh, if i knew how to do a poll here, i would just do a poll^^

Hello All,

My preferences would easily be Saturday or a Sunday. I work Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm. 7:30PM is just a little too early. You will get more viewers and exposure from a weekend race as well, as more people will not be working like me. There's a reason AOR is on a Sunday, and Matt did his community race on Bank Holiday Monday .

If it has to be a weekday, 8PM is literally the earliest I can do, 9pm works best. I also would prefer 50% , it's not meant to be a full on serious race. My vote for the track is Spa.

Hello All,

My preferences would easily be Saturday or a Sunday. I work Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm. 7:30PM is just a little too early. You will get more viewers and exposure from a weekend race as well, as more people will not be working like me. There's a reason AOR is on a Sunday, and Matt did his community race on Bank Holiday Monday .

If it has to be a weekday, 8PM is literally the earliest I can do, 9pm works best. I also would prefer 50% , it's not meant to be a full on serious race. My vote for the track is Spa.
Most likely there will be more signups then startes (already 22) 

I put a poll at the First Post and will go with the Majority Vote

Voted, I did 100% races on F1 2011-2013, and I certainly do not miss them one bit haha

They are usually a long-winded and connection issues could just disrupt proceedings. Open to days and tracks, but voted for my preference of course.

Don't want to ruin the party but how is this supposed to be a "community race" when there are just random people signing up? The thing with the PC race was that most of the youtubers came together and did a race. This seems to just be a normal social race. 

Jthorn97 said:
Don't want to ruin the party but how is this supposed to be a "community race" when there are just random people signing up? The thing with the PC race was that most of the youtubers came together and did a race. This seems to just be a normal social race. 
The reality is that no big YouTuber wants to race on PS4 right now and i thought it would be just nice to have one race where ppl from different leagues/communities come together, and show that the otherwise very segmented PS4 community can do collective events.

As i said the ultimate goal would be that the top 4 of the 5 miggest leagues compete against each other, but also do not forget the the Youtuber race was also filled with random ppl to get the numbers.

my experience with a 100% race and streaming it, i takes too long to watch the whole stream. I mean people watching need to watch it like for 2 1/2 hours of there time. At racestars.nl we have a f1 league with  100% distance and streaming it on youtube, but not allot of end viewers since it's simple too long to watch and we have quite a large player base with 6 full leagues and the link is posted in all off the 6 whatsapp groups,

Remember when codemasters set one of these up themselves? 

Good times.

Edit Lozzy, removed swearing.

Jthorn97 said:
The reality is that no big YouTuber wants to race on PS4 right now and i thought it would be just nice to have one race where ppl from different leagues/communities come together, and show that the otherwise very segmented PS4 community can do collective events.

As i said the ultimate goal would be that the top 4 of the 5 miggest leagues compete against each other, but also do not forget the the Youtuber race was also filled with random ppl to get the numbers.
Well I would pick the drivers if that was the case. I would get into contact with drivers from different leagues like AOR, F1Italian, Racestars, PSGL, etc and then do a race. 

If it's "first come, first served" it will only turn out to be a normal social where random people are just signing up. 

Jthorn97 said:
Jthorn97 said:

Well I would pick the drivers if that was the case. I would get into contact with drivers from different leagues like AOR, F1Italian, Racestars, PSGL, etc and then do a race. 

If it's "first come, first served" it will only turn out to be a normal social where random people are just signing up. 
I believe the priority is community involvement of some sort