Sign in to follow this  

Disabling tuning in custom lobby enables upgrades to work

ok i dont like trolls for your information the pictures proof my point in the 1st photo he says zero tuning that means every thing at 0 but its still upgraded to level 3 thats why he won. When he went to custom lobby and no tuning that means no upgrades to tuning when you level up tuning you get better grip better starts thats why he lost in custom lobby the tuning upgrades were disabled and thats why he won in playlist just because you zero out tuning its still upgraded. tusmbox you need to test and listen to the man.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing, so I'll excuse you. If you look closer, you will see that the first picture features a level 50 car, fully upgraded in a playlist event gaining absolutely no advantage at all. In playlist lobbies, both running and upgrades are enabled, so shouldn't the upgraded car have an advantage? 

That brings me to the second photo, the same race in the same cars, but this time in a custom lobby with tuning disabled. Notice a difference
now? The upgraded car now clearly has an advantage. I can't make it any clearer for you. 

Ok, I'm going to interrupt and "help a brotha out".

Exhibit A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdQkcPdpqg

Is this enough, bennyboy1 ?

I'm gonna put an end to this. Right now I'm rank no. 2 in the current Tuner Global Challenge with a time of 55.456. That was done with a lvl 38 Impreza. I don't consider the top 3 legit, because of their ghost runs.

I have grinded my Impreza to lvl 50 now, and re-do global challenge with full upgrades and with my tuning setup for this track. This was my time. Run is not perfect and had a bit of AI slipstream, but I'm not gonna be grinding for a perfect lap just to convince you.

Now that time achieved is ranked no.4. Next I have removed all my upgrades on the Impreza but still maintaining my tuning setups and this is the time achieved.

That time achieved ranks no.3 in the leaderboards. Now I don't care if you gonna assume that the screenshot with the faster time is set with a fully upgraded one and the slower time is a stock one. The next screenshot is in a custom lobby, tuning disabled to enable upgrades.

You can see where that time stands right now if it were in the leaderboard. And keep it mind this time was achieved with tuning disabled and no AI for slipstreaming and was done in a few attempts. Imagine if I had my tuning setup + AI slipstream and spend more time grinding a perfect lap, easily a time below 55.00. And I'm sure many good players would achieve below 55.00 as well if their upgrades are activated.

I'm done arguing here.

Edit: I saw your last comment, you seriously need to re-read that post bennyboy1. First screenshot featured a fully upgraded lvl 50 stock tuning RX-7 against a loaned RX-7 which is also stock tuning. And it is run in a PUBLIC PLAYLIST which by default, tuning and upgrades are on. And the results according to the screenshot showed no difference, why is that? Isn't the lvl 50 RX-7 suppose to have the advantage?

2nd screenshot is in a custom lobby, tuning is disabled and this activates the upgrades of the lvl 50 RX-7. And look at the results in the screenshot, he is so much faster! Why can't the same result happen in official playlist? And we are not trolls for stating out actual facts that is happening in the game and pointing out that you are wrong with proper proof.

I'm done here.

Tusmbox you need to put on your glasses wire rim i take it. The yellow rx7 in the 1st photo is the upgraded 1 in playlist and won the black loaner rx7 won in custom lobby because tuning was disabled the tuning upgrades work just like engine upgrades and the loaner is not affected by the turning off of the tuning upgrades

Thank you both for that. 

The reason the yellow RX-7 is in front is because with a grid start, the cars, believe it or not, don't start next to each other, side by side if you will. They are, what they call, staggered, meaning one is in front of another. Surely you've noticed this in one of your races, right. And it's the yellow RX-7 that's stock. That's why it loses in the second race. 

@i suck at driving on your 55456 time can you match that with all engine upgrades off thats what were trying to find out if engine upgrades work in race net challenges

Bennyboy1. I suggest you need to improve your reading. I just lost some IQ on how you see my screenshot post.

So here is the results with screenshots which should remove all doubts regarding whether upgrades are working in playlists. I drive a loaned Panspeed RX-7 while my friend's is lvl 50 fully upgraded, he start from 2nd and I start from first. Both of us using automatic and start at full RPM and stock tuning.

The first screenshot is from the tuner playlist.

Now the next screenshot is from the custom lobby with tuning disabled.

I have no idea how you ended up assuming that I'm driving a fully upgraded RX-7 and my friend is driving a black loaner RX-7.

Oh by the way, you cannot install a custom livery on a loaned RX-7. I don't recall the Ravenwest livery has purple hood. Maybe you should be the one wearing glasses.

I'm done, off to bed.

By the way the top 2 guys on tuner are legit replay and steve are fast they use ai draft like every 1 else

ok facts that are true in race net challenges engine upgrades will improve your time @ i suck at driving i dont see your 55456 time you smoking something facts to be figured out if disabling tuning in custom lobby with engine upgrades enabled makes u faster

Don't see my 55.456 time? 

And top 2 uses drafting to be that fast, that's the funniest thing I've heard!

I'm gonna be replying others instead now, not worth my time.

As i stated the top 2 are legit on ps3 you are on pc or xbox with hacks. @isuckatdriving hows the upgrades working for ya they will make you igreatatdriving lol

Fukkit said:
I wonder if upgrades work on consoles, but not on PC?

I'm beginning to think that's the case.

The reason I am now suspicious? I did my tests on the console. Having been asked here to test myself, I ran through on the PC version. To my horror, the top speeds of the BMW 320 TC with and without upgrades ... was exactly the same.

This, however, was not the case on xbox. I got 161/162mph with a slipstream.

Can I confirm with everyone here that these tests are taking place on PC and nobody has been able to confirm this via console? It seems to me that it might be a problem caused by recent patches given that the console version hasn't had patches for things yet. Unfortunately I can't be bothered to set my xbox 360 up just to test this ... given that it will involve locating my backup USB drive as well as moving my xbox one and frankly it's 9pm and I don't feel up to that.

I haven't run the tests in a much detail as others, but I can say, at least offline, that this is the case for consoles as well. In a bit, I can try to test in a global challenge.

Quick Edit: Just ran a test with the Agera R, offline, PS3. From 0 to 130 mph, it took 4.65 seconds, both with and without upgrades, and both times, I hit a top speed of 189 at the end of the Sepang straight. So it seems, at least offline, upgrades have no effect. I can only assume the same for online since I've never seen anyone have a discernible advantage on launch, other than having TCS off. If the same goes for PC, where this glitch happens wherever tuning is enabled, then it should hold true online as well.

We did all of our tests on the PC, so I can savely say the PC version is already covered with every possible circumstances. If the console version is indeed different, example upgrades work offline but not online? Then looks like someone from the console version need to fire up a similar tests like we do on Spa GP to see whether or not upgrades are actually activated online.

It's a bit hard to see whether upgrades are actually working at launch with other players since some might be using automatic, manual and TCS. Slipstream could be a factor as well.

I've already confirmed that upgrades don't work offline. If I can find someone tomorrow on PS3 to perform some tests online, we can do so.

im on ps3 and i try to run a fair custom cup with all tuning and upgrades turned off. lots of my team including myself have had save file corruption a few times so we regularly have to sell and re-buy our entire garages and start from lvl 0 cars.

we have noticed that whenever some1 uses a lvl 1 car they are approx half to a second a lap slower and struggle to catch the others in a straight line. EVEN with a slipstream.

although not absolute proof of the glitch, it has caused many a discussion amongst the team as to y lvl 0 cars r so $%£%.

this is most notable in the TC mini cup mini and street hot hatch.

we also race formula c, tuner super mod and TC cat C. we have noticed it in these categories also.

We did all of our tests on the PC, so I can savely say the PC version is already covered with every possible circumstances. If the console version is indeed different, example upgrades work offline but not online? Then looks like someone from the console version need to fire up a similar tests like we do on Spa GP to see whether or not upgrades are actually activated online.

It's a bit hard to see whether upgrades are actually working at launch with other players since some might be using automatic, manual and TCS. Slipstream could be a factor as well.

I tested on Indianapolis Oval, although I was looking mostly at top speed.

But what it sounds to me is that both PC and PS3 have this issue. I've played a lot on 360 and as I said I swear down that the upgrades did work on there - at least offline - because that's where I tested my BMW 320 to begin with to see how much slower it was than the Cruze (156mph versus 161mph, apparently). So, perhaps the 360 is exempt from this bug? Unfortunately I can't test that until the corrupted-save patch comes out, and by then knowing my chances the patch will bug it on there too.

@Loore We need some kind of confirmation this is being looked at. Or at least passed on. This is seriously something that is needing to be in the next PC patch, as it is basically a HIGH end issue. Upgrades are being done. Repairs are higher because of this as well when you are upgraded. Why pay for higher repairs when the car isn't being utilized fully. If this is the case, we need some kind of Racenet cash refund if this is an issue for money spent when it shouldn't of happened.

He acknowledged this issue in a similar topic on the Steam forums:

Loore said:

Just a note that I've passed this onto the team, will report back once I hear what they say :)