Sign in to follow this  

Disabling tuning in custom lobby enables upgrades to work

I tried to comment on this yesterday but my comments are still waiting to be approved because of how many quotes I used. Huhm. I'll try this time with just two quotes.

I find this strange because, offline, I've tested a car with and without upgrades on - the BMW 320 TC - because people complained about the negligible top speed. The car did perform better with upgrades on offline - the kicker here however is that I didn't touch the tuning on the car. Top speed without upgrades was 158mph in slipstream. With all upgrades on, I could get 162mph. I tested on the Indy Oval.

The thing I asked about is whether this is effective in official playlists (touring playlist, street playlist, etc.) where both tuning and upgrades are enabled. By logic of testing it should mean that only tuning works and upgrades do nothing, but being unable to play the game online I can't test this myself right now. I know you said that by your testing it should work this way but I'd like to see if it can be positively confirmed as opposed to assuming. If it can be confirmed that upgrades don't work in official lists (or work only under specific circumstances), I'd like to know.

Thanks for the tests though. Codemasters need to look into this, it's a very strange problem.

Could you do your test again with the BMW 320 TC in Indy Oval? I've tried both upgraded and stock just now in singleplayer and got around 156-157mph slipstream throughout the track.

Now the reason why I make an assumption based on the tests is because playlist are random and you can't choose your desired track to test. But I've managed to figure out a way to test in playlist by going into an empty region and constantly re-create until it has that particular track and category. Although it was pain to see it ended up time attack instead of race.

The following screenshots will proof finally remove any doubts regarding upgrades working or not working in official playlists.

This screenshot is on an official playlist, I started first with a loaned Panspeed Mazda RX-7 and my friend starts from 2nd drives a fully upgraded one. We both use automatic transmission and start from full RPM. Tuning is stock.

This one is done in custom lobby with upgrades activated.

I think the difference is pretty clear. I've also tested that upgrades DO NOT WORK on Global Challenge at the moment. So right now everyone is driving the same stock car, the only difference is tuning. So any arguement that the top leaderboards is using an upgraded car is out of the window.

Bennyboy1. I suggest you need to improve your reading. I just lost some IQ on how you see my screenshot post.

So here is the results with screenshots which should remove all doubts regarding whether upgrades are working in playlists. I drive a loaned Panspeed RX-7 while my friend's is lvl 50 fully upgraded, he start from 2nd and I start from first. Both of us using automatic and start at full RPM and stock tuning.

The first screenshot is from the tuner playlist.

Now the next screenshot is from the custom lobby with tuning disabled.

I have no idea how you ended up assuming that I'm driving a fully upgraded RX-7 and my friend is driving a black loaner RX-7.

Oh by the way, you cannot install a custom livery on a loaned RX-7. I don't recall the Ravenwest livery has purple hood. Maybe you should be the one wearing glasses.

Hi!

So, if we buy a car, dont buy the tuning options and just buy the upgrades, this will enable the upgrades as it is supposed to? Will the car be better then with just tuning options?

Thanks in advance!

Me and my friend are testing that right now, thanks for pointing out.

How does this affect official playlists as opposed to custom lobbies?

Having tuning options -and- upgrades on a car in official playlists, basically. Will it make the upgrades useless, or do they both apply? If this is the case in official lobbies then I'll make sure to not purchase tuning upgrades and stick to just car upgrades since they matter more.

If we apply the same thing from the singleplayer custom cup which by default upgrades and tuning are on, upgrades don't work there as I tested out. If it doesn't work in SP, we can safely say it doesn't work in official playlist either. As for not purchasing the tuning bit, me and my friend are grinding a car to test it out.

That's odd, because I did test a BMW 320 TC with all upgrades on and it -was- faster in a straight line, but I didn't touch the tuning. Perhaps that's the cause.

Still, it's a very strange issue.

Hi!

So, if we buy a car, dont buy the tuning options and just buy the upgrades, this will enable the upgrades as it is supposed to? Will the car be better then with just tuning options?

Thanks in advance!

Me and my friend are testing that right now, thanks for pointing out.

How does this affect official playlists as opposed to custom lobbies?

Having tuning options -and- upgrades on a car in official playlists, basically. Will it make the upgrades useless, or do they both apply? If this is the case in official lobbies then I'll make sure to not purchase tuning upgrades and stick to just car upgrades since they matter more.

If we apply the same thing from the singleplayer custom cup which by default upgrades and tuning are on, upgrades don't work there as I tested out. If it doesn't work in SP, we can safely say it doesn't work in official playlist either. As for not purchasing the tuning bit, me and my friend are grinding a car to test it out.

Strange, because I remember testing the BMW 320 TC in custom cup and with upgrades on it was definitely faster, but I didn't touch the tuning on it at all so it might be that.

I tried to comment on this yesterday but my comments are still waiting to be approved because of how many quotes I used. Huhm. I'll try this time with just two quotes.

I find this strange because, offline, I've tested a car with and without upgrades on - the BMW 320 TC - because people complained about the negligible top speed. The car did perform better with upgrades on offline - the kicker here however is that I didn't touch the tuning on the car. Top speed without upgrades was 158mph in slipstream. With all upgrades on, I could get 162mph. I tested on the Indy Oval.

The thing I asked about is whether this is effective in official playlists (touring playlist, street playlist, etc.) where both tuning and upgrades are enabled. By logic of testing it should mean that only tuning works and upgrades do nothing, but being unable to play the game online I can't test this myself right now. I know you said that by your testing it should work this way but I'd like to see if it can be positively confirmed as opposed to assuming. If it can be confirmed that upgrades don't work in official lists (or work only under specific circumstances), I'd like to know.

Thanks for the tests though. Codemasters need to look into this, it's a very strange problem.

Could you do your test again with the BMW 320 TC in Indy Oval? I've tried both upgraded and stock just now in singleplayer and got around 156-157mph slipstream throughout the track.

Now the reason why I make an assumption based on the tests is because playlist are random and you can't choose your desired track to test. But I've managed to figure out a way to test in playlist by going into an empty region and constantly re-create until it has that particular track and category. Although it was pain to see it ended up time attack instead of race.

The following screenshots will proof finally remove any doubts regarding upgrades working or not working in official playlists.

This screenshot is on an official playlist, I started first with a loaned Panspeed Mazda RX-7 and my friend starts from 2nd drives a fully upgraded one. We both use automatic transmission and start from full RPM. Tuning is stock.

This one is done in custom lobby with upgrades activated.

I think the difference is pretty clear. I've also tested that upgrades DO NOT WORK on Global Challenge at the moment. So right now everyone is driving the same stock car, the only difference is tuning. So any arguement that the top leaderboards is using an upgraded car is out of the window.

Bennyboy1. I suggest you need to improve your reading. I just lost some IQ on how you see my screenshot post.

So here is the results with screenshots which should remove all doubts regarding whether upgrades are working in playlists. I drive a loaned Panspeed RX-7 while my friend's is lvl 50 fully upgraded, he start from 2nd and I start from first. Both of us using automatic and start at full RPM and stock tuning.

The first screenshot is from the tuner playlist.

Now the next screenshot is from the custom lobby with tuning disabled.

I have no idea how you ended up assuming that I'm driving a fully upgraded RX-7 and my friend is driving a black loaner RX-7.

Oh by the way, you cannot install a custom livery on a loaned RX-7. I don't recall the Ravenwest livery has purple hood. Maybe you should be the one wearing glasses.

Do upgrades work in racenet challenges? I just installed $210,000 engine on my touring catA ADC, and i see absolutely no improvement while racing against my own ghost.

Is there a way to make them work in RN challenges?

I disabled upgrades and Tuning while setting up a room and did my own tests on PS3.  Even though I have all upgrades my max speed on Indianapolis with both tuning and upgrades turned off was 160 with uprgrades and tuning turned on 184.

mcnab said:
Loore said:

The team are working to get a fix for this complete :)

Any news on this fix yet loore??
Nothing yet, I've requested some info and will let you know as soon I get an answer :) Still being looked at I believe.

Loore said:
mcnab said:
Loore said:

The team are working to get a fix for this complete :)

Any news on this fix yet loore??
Nothing yet, I've requested some info and will let you know as soon I get an answer :) Still being looked at I believe.
many thanks

So I like to custom tune my car.. basically what you're saying is the Upgrades are a waste of money, unless you are in a Custom Cup where someone has disabled Tuning, but left on Upgrades. 

Loore said:
Update on this, it has been fixed and will be in an upcoming patch :)
Again will consoles be getting this patch @loore and approximately when ?
Yes, and no date yet.

bennyboy1 said:

2nd place is proof enough if you don't believe it keep running no upgrades and finish top 20 your choice

Rubbish!!!  I've finished in top  3 in a loan car.  And in a level 1 car. 

I can't see any difference with or without in playlists. 

Hey Loore, have you any news about upgrade fix ? I though that the fix will come at the same time as the Drag DLC.