Sign in to follow this  

Repair Costs / Playlist Changes Update

It will never make it I am afftaid Purp no matter what is said in the past or promises made in the future.

Loore said:

Hi all,

Just a quick update on this. It was unfortunate that the fix for repair costs and playlist changes didn't quite make it into the last patch, this was because all the fixes were complete after all the changes had been 'checked in' (the point of no return basically).

Work has already started on the next set of patches and I can confirm that fixes for the repair costs as well as changes to the playlists are currently scheduled to go in.

We'll bring you more news as the patch develops, along with a release date once everything is locked in place.

Regarding the repair costs, the important part of this change is that all cars with less than 8,000 miles will cost considerably less to repair – which should be a big improvement because currently you will be finding that cars become extremely costly to repair after only 300-500 miles. Repair costs for used vehicles will also increase at the correct rate.

To read more about the playlist changes please see this blog article here

Thanks for the update Loore it is very much appreciated.

It does still confuse me though how something like the repair costs issue slipped through without being picked up if the game was tested as much as you have said. You point out that a car with just 300-500 miles becomes excessively costly to repair so it's not like a lot of driving was needed to reveal this particular problem.

Have CM never considered the advantage of getting people like us invoplved in that testing process as we tend to find these problems very, very quickly.

It will never make it I am afftaid Purp no matter what is said in the past or promises made in the future.

I don't recall them ever promising to add text chat. Some people just read what they want to read...

@Hammerpgh62‌ 

The word 'beta' is something I've mentioned quite often as of late, is may be something we could look at in some form for future titles.

I don't recall them ever promising to add text chat. Some people just read what they want to read...

Text Chat is a must have feature in a PC racing games. It should never been left out of GRID 2 and us PC players were shock that text chat was not in GRID Autosport. If you want PC online to have longevity ( like a GRID 1 and Flatout 2 had ), text chat one the key ingredients. The online community need to be able to talk and BS online to get to know each other. When most PC players mute VOIP, then online become a quiet place. :(

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/13436/#Comment_13436

Loore said:
One thing we don't do is deliberately set out to not put a feature in that we know you want, in fact, it's quite the opposite. In terms of features we're always pushing to get things in but sometimes the alignment just isn't there.

Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.

Purple44 said:
... When most PC players mute VOIP, then online become a quiet place. :(

There is really no other possibility. Germans, spanish and french pretty much only use their own language, so 2/3 of the players don't understand them. IF they speak english, chances are good that you don't understand them properly (as non-native english speaker), cause they aren't used to to talk english. With the british there's the problem, that some of their accents are really hard to understand if you're not that good in english. And clans simply limit their voice-chat to members, so no chance to say something to anyone else during a race. And then there's the annoying bunch of guys that have oversensible mics and constantly music/tv/parents/pc-speakers in the background, so that you have to shut them off to avoid getting crazy. There should be at least hotkeys to 

• set the limits of your own mic (mute/clan/all)
  • enable/mute all players, to get rid of these 'broadcast all in my room'-guys that enter during a session (as you can only mute them at the start of a session)

So finding a base that everyone can understand clearly is nearly impossible. With written text it is indeed way easier to decipher, what some people meant, even if a sentence doesn't quite make sense. GRID1 even had hotkeys where you could assign constant textphrases like 'sorry' or 'get out of the way, I'm faster than you' to use them while racing. That was pretty neat.

@Loore Just been to check out that blog link and it's all good to see that info and the playlists look as though they will be much improved once the patch is live. One thing that needs amending though is the reference to the mirrors:-

• Currently we’re busy preparing a number of improvements that are due to come in an upcoming patch; including advanced controller options for all wheels and controllers, a virtual rear view mirror and we’re also tweaking the matchmaking system to ensure finding games is a much smoother process.

Obviously I know from what we have been told on this forum that this is only coming to the PC so that really should be made clear as anyone reading that blog would otherwise think it's coming to the consoles too and that can only lead to confusion and people feeling as though they are being mislead.

Purple44 said:
Loore said:
Text chat is important to us, we know it's a much requested feature and it's not something we've forgotten about by any means. Right now the team are incredibly busy finishing the game, it's not a time when you want to be adding a new feature into the code as it's a time for bug fixing and polish. We finish work on it in just a few weeks time and then it's off to manufacturer and shipping. 

I want to be able to tell you "yes it's coming", but right now we're not in the place to do that. It's one of the things at the top of my feedback list.

So in other words, "we know you'd like it, but we still don't have any plans to do it".

Loore said:

@Hammerpgh62‌ 

The word 'beta' is something I've mentioned quite often as of late, is may be something we could look at in some form for future titles.

No!  It " Maybe " somthing you can look at...........

It WILL be done.  Definately, as you want your next game to work.    Also you want positive comments, and virtual pats on the back on the forum.  

So start programming the beta demo,  into everyones heads, and make it standard practise for all future products.  Doesnt matter if it costs money to do,  having a working game on release, will reap the rewards.  

Im sick of BETA testing your games AFTER ive paid full price for them! 

Loore said:

@Hammerpgh62‌ 

No!  It " Maybe " somthing you can look at...........

It WILL be done.  Definately, as you want your next game to work.    Also you want positive comments, and virtual pats on the back on the forum.  

So start programming the beta demo,  into everyones heads, and make it standard practise for all future products.  Doesnt matter if it costs money to do,  having a working game on release, will reap the rewards.  

Im sick of BETA testing your games AFTER ive paid full price for them! 

It WILL be done huh. Glad to know your part of the community over at CM. I'm sure they will listen to demands . If there wasn't data corruption what would you all be complaining about . probably the mirrors and interior of cars or how hard the AI is . It will always be something . Complainers will always be complainers. 

@v8relentless    Your cage seems to have been rattled again,  Sorry for that, I just dont seem to be able to get round your cage with out waking you. 

You seem to have forgotten all the complaining you have done yourself.  

http://forums.codemasters.comdiscussion/1201/so-online-huh/p1

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1015/teammates#latest

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/982/is-your-teammate-helping-or-hurting-you#latest

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1683/offline-awesome-online-sucks#latest

Complainers will always complain, as long as there is something to complain about.   

Some of us, dont like to just drop our pants, and assume the position,  as you seem so ready to do.  

If the game had no major issues,  there wouldn't be any complaints on this forum. 

Relentless you dont need to reply, Ive already reported your squeaky cage.   Just sit still, be quiet, leave me alone, and stop trying to come across as some kind of  "Golden Child" 

Just for your information,  YES I am part of the CM community,  I PAID for the game,  I play the game.  

You dont have to work in the BIG BERTHA (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3162/the-making-of-codemasters-games#latest)  CodeMasters office to be part of the community.  

Sadly you too are part of the community.  Luckily for you, your on the PS3.   I'd love to smoke race you.    

Report me for what noskills? So 2 links were about teammates not like it was about bitchibg about patches everyday. The other 2 regarding online wreckers Ya used 2 it now . Do u hear me bitching lately ? Nope. 

Glad you reported me for all my negativity . Glad your part of the community , couldn't live without your knowledge. 

Seems like I'm under your skin not the other way around. You did a lot of research to try and make me look bad , and you reported me get a life tool.

O have a good day noskills.

PMSL......how funny.   

The only thing I reported was your squeaky cage door,  to the janitors.  

Not alot of research, just looked through your threads. To show you...the Golden Child.....that you have complained at some point about something.  

Love how you don't even read my post fully. You read " reported " and start typing your rant.   

Thanks. 

Please don't reply without thinking calmly about what your trying to say. 

Loore said:

Regarding the repair costs, the important part of this change is that all cars with less than 8,000 miles will cost considerably less to repair – which should be a big improvement because currently you will be finding that cars become extremely costly to repair after only 300-500 miles. Repair costs for used vehicles will also increase at the correct rate.

To read more about the playlist changes please see this blog article here

In other words you should consider selling and buy a new car after 8000 miles. But this isnt a good an option since you have to rank the car again as it is today. Will this also be fixed? You did say in an older thread that you shouldnt have to rank the car again, just buy the upgrades again. However today selling your car resets the rank.

Will there be any changes on the racenet challenges that many have asked for? Putting human player in pos 1 solves most of the concerns...

When can we expect the patch which fixes the repair costs ? Its not fun and i wont play AS anymore without this fix.

Loore said: 
There's still people playing the game, still new players coming into the game. I rarely have trouble finding a lobby, RaceNet challenge is full of times each week etc. 

LOL you must be playing in England. The Aussie players are in a ghost town XD